New Code of Conduct

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
george-is-watching-you_o_226171.jpg

Don't think I have it in me to go Jason Bourne and blow this thing wide open! :007

Seriously Underaglassbell, we are not joking when we say DarklordDave detests popcorn gifs.. I would advise deleting those.

Fair warning; Freaks ain't joking when they say Darklord Dave detests Popcorn gifs. :lecture

Soooo...if anyone wishes to remain here at Sideshow Freaks I'd suggest not posting them. Just say'n.

Context is important of course. I explained why I hate them and the context of why they are the devil - that goes for any other type of image or comment that encourages bullying, flame wars, etc.

Context is important of course. I explained why I hate them and the context of why they are the devil - that goes for any other type of image or comment that encourages bullying, flame wars, etc.

Great answer, Dave. Respect to you.

Nothing has really changed - This is the first line and was previously:

We promote the idea of lively debate. This means you are free to disagree with anyone on any type of subject matter as long as your criticism is constructive and polite.

Okay, I realized I'll have to ban myself pretty quick - so I added a line:
We don't want to inhibit humor, snark or enforce strict PC rules, but think about how your words will be taken by other members.

I split out the Code of Conduct from Terms of Use and tweaked it a bit. But the mods will just be enforcing it a bit more heavy handed until everyone gets the message. I've had far too many complaints of people who don't want to come here because of all the bullying.

ok so I have a question I didn't see addressed....

many many times, if someone makes a statement, instead of a trolling comment or flaming comment, they post insulting animated GIFS.....most of these people are long time popular member, or newbies who post 982 times a day and amass a cult like following. how are they being handled?

in the past, i have been baiting by those insulting images and then i get reprimanded while they saunter off to the cool kids treehouse greeted by high fives and to smoke cigarettes and look at dirty magazines.

if comments are to be policed, then you should seriously consider the impact of the GIF spammers....i don't need to name names....

edit: i posted this after reading page 1....didnt see this addressed right above...^^^

Someone who post a physical gif of someone eating popcorn stirring the pot and making things worse in the thread. Waiting to see the mayhem unfold.

I'm happy for these thread. I frequent scale model forums and the discussions are always civil and fun probably because most members are older guys in retirement. Older people are more mature and therefore more polite. But toy forum members are younger and to them, being bad and tough is "cooler." I'm an old guy (thankfully I'm often mistaken in my 20's), it's my job to be understanding and tolerant to young people.

Aside toys and scale modelling forums, I'm also a member of other sites: Christian forums, costume/cosplay forums, Star Wars forums, Batman forums, etc. But it's the toy and comic book sites that seem to have the worst behavior.

Back