Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Thor & Hulk?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS Obese Thor & Prof. Hulk?

Count me in the camp that wants Hulk in the cardigan and glasses. His Avengers uniform kinda sucks here and I'd much rather have a "civilian Hulk" if you will. As for Thor, when they do it it's definitely going to be his look from the final battle. People will want to pose/reenact the trinity fighting Thanos in the final battle. I'd honestly like that AND a Lebowski lazy Thor but i'll take whatever they put out.

i dont think they are going to make thor from hot toys

Anyone is crazy if they don't think they're going to make Thor, a character they just did another run on.

I'd like a deluxe professor hulk with:

• cardigan/glasses outfit
  • alternate dabbing upper body
  • the gauntlet
  • the tacos
  • alternate gauntlet damaged arm
  • alternate funeral scene arm in sling
  • funeral scene attire
  • the time stone

Anything else?

I actually preferred him in this outfit to the cardigan. Unfortunately the only one we're likely to get from HT is the purple/gray leotard from the final battle. :(

hulk-2-900x599.jpg

Do you honestly believe that they will sell as many fat Thor figures as they did previous versions, if HT does it true to the movie and makes him as obese as he was in the film?

EG Thor is the only Thor I want. Super Viking God Thor was bad ass!

Do you honestly believe that they will sell as many fat Thor figures as they did previous versions, if HT does it true to the movie and makes him as obese as he was in the film?

Personally I believe if they make him, they'll tone it down and he'll be "stocky" and not have the mighty belly he had in the film, and bet you that's exactly what they do as a way to "compromise" and make "fat" Thor saleable, he'll be "stocky Thor". Some people will complain it's not screen accurate, but the bottom line is they'll sell more because no one wants Thor to look like a tragic Santa, except perhaps a small minority of fans who have a fat fetish.

Maybe some of us just like a nice dad bod...

Personally I believe if they make him, they'll tone it down and he'll be "stocky" and not have the mighty belly he had in the film, and bet you that's exactly what they do as a way to "compromise" and make "fat" Thor saleable, he'll be "stocky Thor". Some people will complain it's not screen accurate, but the bottom line is they'll sell more because no one wants Thor to look like a tragic Santa, except perhaps a small minority of fans who have a fat fetish.

I believe this is what HT will do. Slightly thicker Thor (likely with padding inside the suit versus a new body). I'm in for it and will be fine with the creative license versus screen accuracy. And you're right, they'll sell more of these.

One of my favorite things about Endgame was the depiction of Thor. They took one of the most unrealistic and unrelatable characters and suddenly he became one of the most flawed and human ones. At the beginning he was played for laughs which some people took offense with (there are a few articles about it), but I love the fact that he grew over the course of the movie. It showed that just because someone has depression and isn't the person they used to be, they are still worthy (Mjolnir). I also loved the fact that at the end when he regained himself and battled through his depression he didn't suddenly get a new body to go with the new outfit, which I somewhat expected to happen. Wether the film makers meant it that way or not, it had some deeper connotations about accepting yourself for who you are and being alright with what you've become.

I don't understand when folks on this board make these comments. Hot Toys can't alter or tone down the look of Thor or it won't pass muster with the licensing requirements. Thor is one of the big 3 and he sells! Of course they will make him and they will make him screen accurate.

Yeah I absolutely feel like they'll sell full sized Thors just as well as old ones. He's definitely a real looking Thor and he'd come with Stormbringer and Mjolnir, plus I'm sure some lightening effects knowing them. If you think him being big will be off putting to customers, I don't know what to say...have you met the average toy buyer?

One of my favorite things about Endgame was the depiction of Thor. They took one of the most unrealistic and unrelatable characters and suddenly he became one of the most flawed and human ones. At the beginning he was played for laughs which some people took offense with (there are a few articles about it), but I love the fact that he grew over the course of the movie. It showed that just because someone has depression and isn't the person they used to be, they are still worthy (Mjolnir). I also loved the fact that at the end when he regained himself and battled through his depression he didn't suddenly get a new body to go with the new outfit, which I somewhat expected to happen. Wether the film makers meant it that way or not, it had some deeper connotations about accepting yourself for who you are and being alright with what you've become.

Yeah exactly, if people can't see what Thor went through and still came out on top, I don't know what to say. Everyone wants characters to have arcs, but Thor starting out on top and then dipping to some lows is all of the suddenly crappy and bothersome?

I don't understand when folks on this board make these comments. Hot Toys can't alter or tone down the look of Thor or it won't past muster with the licensing requirements. Thor is one of the big 3 and he sells! Of course they will make him and they will make him screen accurate.

Exactly that too, he's a big 3 character. Nebular will get an EG figure but Thor won't? HT will spend a few bucks figuring out bigger bodies or fat suits or whatever to get him right.

They’ll make Thor, but anyone who thinks they’re going to use anything but a fat suit is kidding themselves. Unless they plan to go with his first appearance in the film, which is highly unlikely, it’s going to be the final battle look — which means fat suit.

excellent post! That was the best message from the movie. They've been building him up to take over after odin since the first thor, but I'm not sure why.

Back