Sideshow 1:6 Lando as Skiff Guard Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reportedly, Sideshow will give this two heads, one with and one without the helmet.

Did Sideshow confirm that?

In some ways I'd rather them just have the helmeted head and keep the price to the $230 range. I'm worried that with an extra head - that in all likelihood is going to be mediocre/below industry standards paint-wise so possibly unusable - it will be in the $260 range.

Sideshow figures have gotten so expensive in the past couple of years that anything that will knock $30 off the price is welcome. I really don't need yet another "no hat/helmet" Sideshow head laying around. Han Hoth, Luke Hoth, Luke Snowspeeder - all had "extra" heads that were decent sculpts (a little lacking on finer detail, but okay) that were badly let down by weird paint so sat around in boxes or unused.

Did Sideshow confirm that?

In some ways I'd rather them just have the helmeted head and keep the price to the $230 range. I'm worried that with an extra head - that in all likelihood is going to be mediocre/below industry standards paint-wise so possibly unusable - it will be in the $260 range.

Sideshow figures have gotten so expensive in the past couple of years that anything that will knock $30 off the price is welcome. I really don't need yet another "no hat/helmet" Sideshow head laying around. Han Hoth, Luke Hoth, Luke Snowspeeder - all had "extra" heads that were decent sculpts (a little lacking on finer detail, but okay) that were badly let down by weird paint so sat around in boxes or unused.

I’m with you. I’d never display him without that helmet on so keep the cost down with only one head. Also doesn’t need any weapons besides the vibro-blade.

I'm guessing this is going to be in the $260 range regardless of whether there's a helmetless sculpt or not.

That price would be the death-knell of this figure. That would put it at $280 with shipping. Subtract the reward points and its around $270.

Laugh GIF.gif

They'll probably make the unmasked sculpt a SS exclusive or something like that to force people to buy there.

Really thought Sideshow would have put this on pre-order shortly after SDCC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah with how big a show they made out of its reveal, you'd think it would have been ready to go already.
Honestly it’s in their best interest. I kinda half joking/half serious made a comment about they should put it up while they had our excitement captured. You know there will probably be a few more Hot Toys offerings that could easily put this figure on the back burner for a lot of collectors. Especially if it’s typical Sideshow barebones and overpriced. This would have been a perfect surprise SDCC pre-order but instead they wasted their time on a Yoda that we already got from Hot Toys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope this goes up for pre-order before long. I'll be very happy to add it to my Jabba dio.

Well we know when it goes up for PO that will trigger the 12-months-to-ship-date thing, so yeah, let's get the PO up ASAP.

Probably goes up for PO next month and ships Oct/Nov of next year. You can grow old waiting in this hobby.

If I recall a lot of Sideshow Star Wars figures go up in the Fall due to Spooktacular. I’ve always found it sorta weird that it’s kind of their big time of year for stuff since I would think it would be more focused on horror/Halloween stuff.

I think the Scout, Red 5 Luke, Tie Pilot, and C3PO were all announced between September and November. Can’t remember but maybe Hoth Luke and Han were around that time too. Otherwise it seems like they announce things around May the 4th.

Sideshow should release this asap.

Not that they will but we are currently 8 months on since an OT release and keep seeing Hot Toys showcase stuff then hide it.
(DST, Gonk, Leia - Luke Endor, Leia Bespin etc).

If Sideshow make a great attempt and price it fairly it will sell out in no time.

One thing I’m torn on with this figure is that I don’t think I’ll be getting Jabba unless there’s a different option than Sideshow’s $800 version. Seeing as he’s part of the Jabba’s Palace scenes.

Back