Show your pet, best friend, partner .....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just watched the trailer. Looks interesting. Anywhere I can watch it for free?

With the exception of a K9 cop (which I doubt the OP was thinking of), I still think the terms "partner" and "best friend" if applied to pets has a lonely/empty connotation.

On the flipside if you use logic and know that pet and best friend (man's best friend) are definite references to animals would it make any sense to then also want to see a partner? What does that even mean? Business partner, gay lover, police partner, attornies, partner in crime, lab partner etc. etc. etc.

There is a show yourselves thread that people use regularly to show of significant others that existed well before this one. If you take the title at face value then that would mean the op want's to see your pet, your best friend, and your partner (however many that may be). Wouldn't that be a lot more strange than considering option A?

P.S. You can watch in on Netflix instant for free if you're a member.

On the flipside if you use logic and know that pet and best friend (man's best friend) are definite references to animals would it make any sense to then also want to see a partner? What does that even mean? Business partner, gay lover, police partner, attornies, partner in crime, lab partner etc. etc. etc.

There is a show yourselves thread that people use regularly to show of significant others that existed well before this one. If you take the title at face value then that would mean the op want's to see your pet, your best friend, and your partner (however many that may be). Wouldn't that be a lot more strange than considering option A?

"Partner" when referring to a lover is non gender specific, and has no inherent implication of sexual orientation, so that's why I thought the word was chosen.

I honestly thought the title implied show pictures of the most important entities in your life: Friends, spouses, life partners, pets.

Maybe I'm just daft, but, I have found the thread title to be confusing from day 1:

What does "partner" mean in the title of this thread?
3/25/10

I've never understood the title of this thread.
9-7-11

P.S. You can watch in on Netflix instant for free if you're a member.

I don't have Netflix. :(

Wonder if it's available with Amazon Prime...

I agree it can refer to a significant other. I just think of the available options it makes more sense in reference to a pet. I would just find it incredibly strange if anyone just up and asked me to see a picture of my human best friend on an internet forum and I would find it incredibly creepy if someone openly asked to see a picture of my wife.

I would also like to add to the fact that the OP who started the thread led off with only pictures of his pet. So he either has only a pet or his intentions were at least clear to him. :lol

edit: And judging by the girly bed spread in the background of his pics I'd say he's at least got something more than a pet.

edit, edit: And to get all semanticky the title of the thread uses commas to separate and dots to end which is like saying etc. Meaning whatever the hell else you want to call pets.

Last edited:
It could be something that is lost in translation. In Swedish (my native language), partner is your wife or your girlfriend OR someone you have a tight cooperative relation to, like sports, LAW enforcement etc, I was sure it could be used for the same thing in English, sorry if im wrong...

I think that one of the things that needs to be taken into consideration (among many other things, of course) when trying to understand the intent of the thread title is that in the U.S. if your wife or girlfriend finds out you called her a "partner"...you can just grab a blanket out of the linen closet on your way to the "dog house" where...she will remind you...your "partner" is.

:)

I would also like to add to the fact that the OP who started the thread led off with only pictures of his pet. So he either has only a pet or his intentions were at least clear to him. :lol

edit: And judging by the girly bed spread in the background of his pics I'd say he's at least got something more than a pet.

edit, edit: And to get all semanticky the title of the thread uses commas to separate and dots to end which is like saying etc. Meaning whatever the hell else you want to call pets.

Maybe he's just gay for his dog.

026.jpg

I think that one of the things that needs to be taken into consideration (among many other things, of course) when trying to understand the intent of the thread title is that in the U.S. if your wife or girlfriend finds out you called her a "partner"...you can just grab a blanket out of the linen closet on your way to the "dog house" where...she will remind you...your "partner" is.

:)

Partner in life doesn't sound bad to me.

Back