Action Figure Dam Toys: Assassin's Creed Movie and Games

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My order from KG has shipped.

Happy to get it, but the ‘in hand’ pics didn’t thrill me though. Looks ok, but the hood isn’t shaped like the proto, & the face looks different.

Mhmmm. I see your concerns. I'll go out on a limb and say the headsculpt will be fine in hand. Super macro photography really doesn't hold up on most any company aside from HT so I'm willing to forgive that till I can see it in person.

The main structural difference to the hood seems to be the protrusion of the beak, which could vary hood to hood. The futzing on the hood is terrible though; there's no curvature or work to round it out. Absolutely horrid. I hadn't seen a well futzed Edward hood, but worked on mine and it looks perfect. I am confident I can manipulate this at the least to make it look good.

I think I will give the whole outfit a grey drybrushing though. From the start, this fig was solicited with very clean attire, but I think the original game models really rendered this in a more mottled grey/off white tone. It wasn't till recent years where the alternative costume is so white.

Head sculpt looks perfectly fine to me. The hood looks horrendous though. As Diorama said above, hopefully the issue is just futzing and not tailoring. If that's how it's actually tailored, I want to get my money back. If it's just futzed improperly, that's an easy fix. The hood on my Edward looked terrible out of the box until I futzed it, and now I couldn't be happier with it.

I also think the sculpt is ok. I simply think it looks different.

Robe looks weathered at the bottom. Either that, or the poser had dirty hands.

Got Altair today; overall i really like the figure, the hood takes some futzing though; this is the best i could get it for now:

Qc3A1WI.jpg

And here he is with Edward and Ezio.

20190108_164948.jpg

The hood looks like it was constructed in three parts. The eagle section is basically sewn into the two halves? If so, that’s kind of a shoddy way to go about it. Should have constructed the hood as normal and then sewn a thin piece of fabric onto the top of the hood.

Or maybe the material is just too thick overall, which would cause that kind of lumping anyway.

If there's a wire, it's manageable. I'm fairly confident.

Honestly I was so very impressed with Edward's hood, and that was after seeing excessive amounts of cruddy, balooned, unfutzed photos. I'm totally okay to give this the same benefit of the doubt.
2081bcf98bd06264a29181fd65672d61.jpg

If there's a wire, it's manageable. I'm fairly confident.

Honestly I was so very impressed with Edward's hood, and that was after seeing excessive amounts of cruddy, balooned, unfutzed photos. I'm totally okay to give this the same benefit of the doubt.

There is a wire, but it's weird how they did it. There's actually two, one on each side of the hood, they meet on either side of the point at the top and there's no wire along the bottom. The setup makes manipulating the hood tricky. I thought Edwards hood was much easier to work with.

IMG_20190112_175040_853.jpg

If you are unsure about the pictures don't worry. He's perfect in hand! His outfit is also slightly weathered :)

Your pictures make me feel a lot better, Razatron. Is there a wire in the hood?

Thanks - here's another one albeit lower quality (both are on my Instagram here.)

Screenshot_20190113-110222.jpg

Regarding the hood there are two very sturdy wires with side of the peak. The ONLY complaint I have about this figure is minor and it is that the peak is not very prominent it's almost flush to the rest of the hood where as in a lot of concept art it does stick out slightly. But in other concept art it doesn't stick out as much so it's not a huge deal. I only really collect Marvel Hot Toys and both Edward and Altair are up there as my favourites.

Back