Nathan Drake by Sideshow Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4f647bea56e8f93e9823e2a3a0b1ebbd.jpg

b93acc6663b2cf0f40777a8d67e2da91.jpg

d348b0dad39797deefa161f542735281.jpg

bc4331f3282ee1938e7469a698e4f295.jpg

172f5085133debb0e5b7430791d6bbbe.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

That's fantastic. It's evident that the sculpt itself is sublime, hampered by the deformity caused by the eyepiece rather than the common notion of an inherently "bad" sculpt.

Yes it is. Its sad that Sideshow screwed up the production of this figure so bad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Just got him! Does anyone here still fix the stock head sculpt or know where to find a nice custom one? I love everything neck down but the sculpt still bothers me ):

Just got him! Does anyone here still fix the stock head sculpt or know where to find a nice custom one? I love everything neck down but the sculpt still bothers me ):

Just do the hairdryer trick and you'll make him 40% better. I have two heads, one customized and the other was only subjected to the hairdryer mod and it looks fine.

31721383026_36779421f1_c.jpg

I don't know if people still love this figure, but I'm trying to make a game accurate head sculpt for Nate. Video game figures need more love! WIP Drake from Uncharted 3

nate u3.jpg

Well, regardless of it's massive flaws and head deformity issues.....I've just bought a Nathan Drake.

I've been on the fence for a while, but I just did a straight trade of my Sideshow Snake Plissken (i never found any love for that figure) for a Drake.

I love a challenge, I love a project and I love Uncharted......had to give this one a go! Will try to thin out the head, repaint it and shorten the neck.....see if I can get it looking decent.

I think it's a great figure, despite it's head problems, and I don't even think the head (at least on mine) is that bad.

Good luck customizing yours!

Thank you sir, I'm really looking forward to getting him!

If he's arrives looking half decent, I will only do minor alterations. If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

Apologies for the poor quality picture and lighting. Got my Nate, ripped out the inside of the head, cut down the eyeplate, also cut down the neck plug to shorten his neck, then did a full repaint.

Might still tinker with him a little, but really love the figure.

Eg0Ose4.jpg

Fortune and glory!

I love this figure but the head sculpt has always been worst part of my entire collection. So I picked up the Cybertoys Adventurer set because I wanted to try swapping the head sculpt. I am happy to report that it is a huge improvement. Still not 100% accurate, but at least my Drake looks human now :lol.
IMG_5603.jpg

I love this figure but the head sculpt has always been worst part of my entire collection. So I picked up the Cybertoys Adventurer set because I wanted to try swapping the head sculpt. I am happy to report that it is a huge improvement. Still not 100% accurate, but at least my Drake looks human now :lol.
View attachment 438436

Any chance you could please post a few more pictures of the Adventurer head sculpt on your Uncharted 3 figure? I've always been interested in replacing my stock U3 head sculpt (but balked at the price of Kai's version) and have had my eye on the Adventurer one.

Sure, here are a couple more quick snapshots. Sorry if the second pic is small. I could only get it to upload sideways or small. :slap
IMG_5594.jpgIMG_5598.jpg

Still tinkering with Nate's headsculpt here and there when I get the inclination. Keeping my eyes out for a sculpt better than a modified version of the sideshow sculpt, but I dont think the alternatives are any closer really, just off in different ways.

Here's a quick phone pic of mine as at today after a frustrating painting session (arent they all!), though will try and get a better quality image at some point.

As I mentioned up thread, this is after the whole eye plate mod and head reshape, and at this point think I've repainted the whole headsculpt twice. I think if you could just change the eye shape a little it would be a really decent likeness for Uncharted 3 Nate.

Either way, I still think this is a really good 1/6 figure.

You’re figure os a whole looks great my man! Congrats. This is a great figure minus the head honestly but with the work you’ve done to it, even the SS head looks pretty great. Just the eyes look off like you said. It’s a bumme. Why SS?!
Also, people need to realest their custom heads game specifically. The character model changes a lot through the iterations and I feel the reason the sculpts come out the way they do is because people are using references from all games to sculpt him.

Thanks Rogster. I think they were using only uncharted 3 reference on this headsculpt, just the strange choice of how they did the eyes that really ruined it. Would love to have seen how it would have ended up if they had just done the solid head instead of the separate eye plate.

Anyway, nice and sunny out so got some pictures outside in brighter lighting.

That's my Nate finished I think, until something new comes out anyway.

Back