Weta Gollum 1:3 Scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just assigned to my Lamborghini category, cool looking stuff I know exist and see when visiting fancy places

I've always thought weta stuff was reasonably decent value for money but not in my desired scale. Then they slap the most ridiculous triple the value price on something I finally want. ****.

Haha if Weta does Sauron in 1/3 expect the price to be north of 7000$ (Sauron is well 4 time taller than Gollum) :lol

Seriously how can they justify such a price?
Just look at Prime 1 stuff, which are the higher price and quality on the market...
And what is special? translucent resin: not new, hairs glued by hand: not new, transparent resin to simulate water: not new

I was not interested before knowing the price, but now I know I'm not interested in the whole 1/3 line
I will wait for what Prime 1 will do with LOTR licence!

If gollum is half the size of a human, my sense of value for this is that it's a 1:6 scale human statue priced at double the cost of a 1:3 scale prime 1 statue.

The price is insane (especially with our crappy exchange rate) but oh my goodness, the detail and look of that piece is incredible. :rock :rock
x :peace

Haha if Weta does Sauron in 1/3 expect the price to be north of 7000$ (Sauron is well 4 time taller than Gollum) :lol

$7k, they'd never sell anything at that price. That's something they'll have to evaluate if it ever makes it to that point. I have more time effort and $'s spent in my midde earth collection, but have yet to get Sauron. So I'll wait ans see...

I really want this....but the price is just too much to justify to me. Maybe if it was in the 1000-1200 range, but that's it for me.

It is a shame they are so crazy with their retail prices lately, this will probably kill any hope of more 1/3 from them. I can't imagine this will sell well without hefty discounts.

looks great, but not for 1800$.

i'll stay with my sideshow gollum :D

I really don't see Weta selling 589 of these....maybe half tops...unless 50% off BF sales or huge big foreign money interest comes in....etc,etc

I really don't see Weta selling 589 of these....maybe half tops...unless 50% off BF sales or huge big foreign money interest comes in....etc,etc

I really wanted to get it too, hopefully next black Friday we will all have a chance to snag one at a reasonable price.

I won't get this at all....just sticking with Weta 1/6 statue line....and even that is gotten too rough with prices...really rough

I really wanted to get it too, hopefully next black Friday we will all have a chance to snag one at a reasonable price.

While I appreciate Weta's black Friday sales, if they put this up I really think they have to reevaluate their business model. Smaug and the Balrog finally sold out at major discounts, great for their customers and for them ultimately...

At what point do you decide to pay full price or wait for a major discount?

This Gollum seems like to high-end a piece to be doing that (I could be wrong). I wouldn't be happy to pay the full price only to have someone pay less than half down the road. Not a great precedent for a new higher end line of collectables.

While I appreciate Weta's black Friday sales, if they put this up I really think they have to reevaluate their business model. Smaug and the Balrog finally sold out at major discounts, great for their customers and for them ultimately...

At what point do you decide to pay full price or wait for a major discount?

This Gollum seems like to high-end a piece to be doing that (I could be wrong). I wouldn't be happy to pay the full price only to have someone pay less than half down the road. Not a great precedent for a new higher end line of collectables.

That seems to be their new business model. Get as many overpriced orders from impatient collectors as they can, and discount the rest when the orders stop coming in instead of just pricing them reasonably in the first place. I guess it ends up working better for some of us, we get some nice deals.

That seems to be their new business model. Get as many overpriced orders from impatient collectors as they can, and discount the rest when the orders stop coming in instead of just pricing them reasonably in the first place. I guess it ends up working better for some of us, we get some nice deals.

That depends. You could argue that the "deals" we get are what the item should rightfully be priced at in the first place! Which means we aren't getting any "deals" it's just that the people buying these things early are getting ripped off . . .

That depends. You could argue that the "deals" we get are what the item should rightfully be priced at in the first place! Which means we aren't getting any "deals" it's just that the people buying these things early are getting ripped off . . .

You could argue that, but many times the deals are pretty good. The Balrog at $250 this past sale is much lower than I would expect it to be priced at normally.

Back