1/6 Hot Toys Wonder Woman Training Armor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any recommendation for a specific TB league model that will match Gadot's skin tone and body?

I assume something along the lines of Suntan and medium bust.

There are no TBL figures that will color match, even the suntan is still too light in color, you'd have to color it yourself to suit, also the TB League bodies are slightly smaller in frame size so major modification will be needed to get the suit armor to fit properly.

Check out this females channel on YouTube, she does an outstanding job with her HT to TBL conversion as she explains all the steps in modifying her figures armor.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbLz9_tF3Y8GxRxd0qnINXw/videos

Got tired of switching the heads - parts. Think my WW movie versions are just about there.

Hey, Hot Toys, how about one Steve Trevor please ...

cf17831138345ec6aec531726532691f.jpg

69344d0a8ef82d272d219bbda8dab93b.jpg

a854e580f29960ad0939d16b138711a3.jpg

749d22eff0b5624dbce54c1be63d8dff.jpg

345e5103c73b75dcb8e97da54a7c85eb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just received one of these WW dolls today, my first rubber figure. There is no way this latex skin will last. I bent one arm at the elbow and there is already a slight crease/discoloring in her skin. I would imagine these are hard to keep clean too with the surface texture of the skin. It's great looking but I want to pose her and I'm afraid of the wear around her joints. If they gave her joints like an action figure I wonder if that would decrease the cost. It wouldn't look as nice but I could pose her without any worries. The head sculpt on this is fantastic and I love the costume/accessories but I think I'll stick to statues.

Yeah the posing options are unfortunately kinda limited with these WW figures, and I wouldn't have minded swap-out arms and legs with joints, but it still looks fantastic just in a museum pose so that's a limitation I can live with.

I just received one of these WW dolls today, my first rubber figure. There is no way this latex skin will last. I bent one arm at the elbow and there is already a slight crease/discoloring in her skin. I would imagine these are hard to keep clean too with the surface texture of the skin. It's great looking but I want to pose her and I'm afraid of the wear around her joints. If they gave her joints like an action figure I wonder if that would decrease the cost. It wouldn't look as nice but I could pose her without any worries. The head sculpt on this is fantastic and I love the costume/accessories but I think I'll stick to statues.

I guess if/when that happens the cloak will come in real handy.

All of these things are going to age. The severity is unknown and it depends on many factors. Some old figures, even packaged, look like crap due to the aging process while others still look brand new. Live today and then tomorrow - live today again.

I purchased this as a gift for my wife who asked for her first 1/6 figure for her Birthday. We are both very impressed with the sculpt and paint, with only one minor annoyance....the hands keep falling off. I took a quick look and pulled back the rubber skin, and I found inside the arms are a hollow tube where the wrist pegs attach. The problem is the metal tube is either too short or the silicone skin is too long....either way the wrist pegs cannot reach fully in to attach to the metal armature in the forearms.

Whats weird is that the wrist pegs look like standard Hot Toys female wrist pegs with with prongs cut off......I assume standard pegs should work, but i don't have any spares handy to try. The next best this would be to extend the stock wrist pegs by 4mm, I pinned (with a thin metal wire) plastic rod to the pegs, thus allowing them to reach securely inside the metal armature:

The extra glue that reinforces the junction between the white plastic rod and wrist peg isn't slop, it provides extra friction to attach inside the metal tube. The wrist pegs now securely attach, without falling off. I assume this may be a problem with all versions of the Hot Toys wonder Women. Hopefully this simple fix withh make everyone's experience with their figure more enjoyable.

Regards,

BOBBY

The right hand on mine stays attached fine and snug, but the left hand slides out pretty easily. Won’t fall out on its own while posed, but it does slide out way easier than it should. It was detached from the arm inside the box when I first received the figure.

I love mine, posed it very basicly, didn't have time to even play with accessories etc. - without a pole, it's been standing on it's own ever since, in my opinion, best figure HT ever made

But, the peeling etc. discussions/worries, worry me too, otherwise I'd snag one just as an investment - In the past, I've sold 2 Harley Quinn's, overall, lost a lot of money, but it's fun to meet new people while selling figures :)

I was finally able to get the shoulder joint on the left arm of mine to budge, enabling the arm to sit closer to her side. After it not wanting to budge for the first few weeks, I tried it again after not really having touched the figure for a couple of months, using the same technique of rotating the arm backwards a bit first then squeezing inward, and it clicked with relative ease. Perhaps it was just a matter of the joint being stiff and needing to settle in or something, or perhaps the fist initial tries were needed to sort of jerk it loose. Either way, pretty happy about it, being that it opens up posing options.

C2649A6E-4CFA-4661-997F-6415623A8183.jpg

I was finally able to get the shoulder joint on the left arm of mine to budge, enabling the arm to sit closer to her side. After it not wanting to budge for the first few weeks, I tried it again after not really having touched the figure for a couple of months, using the same technique of rotating the arm backwards a bit first then squeezing inward, and it clicked with relative ease. Perhaps it was just a matter of the joint being stiff and needing to settle in or something, or perhaps the fist initial tries were needed to sort of jerk it loose. Either way, pretty happy about it, being that it opens up posing options.

View attachment 435441

Looks good i have the exact same setup in my detolf except she is next to the justice league version not the BVS

Thanks, bud. :duff

That is the JL version with the GK sword and shield that came with TA. I have the BvS one in a separate display cabinet with the Trinity.

I was able to see this in person at a comic shop while on vacation. Like most i was surprised to see how different this sculpt looked than the JL one considering they're supposed to be the same. Even with them side by side, I couldn't see what was off but there was something. Aside from that, it was cool to see just how great this figure came out in person. Congrats to you guys who have her :clap

I recently received my Wonder Woman Training Armor figure. She looks great!

I noticed that the figure has some dust on her skin from being in the box. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to clean her? I'm scared to mess with her skin too much. I think she has some slight peeling in a couple of spots, and I wouldn't want to aggravate that or cause new issues elsewhere.

View attachment 435441[/QUOT

Great pic- set up! The muscle definition/skin tones look very realistic on this version of her

I feel like no one is really going to care about this because we’ve seen this kind of thing before but it’s actually one of the ones I’m most proud/happy with from all of my work.

I’m in the camp where I think the Training Armor Wonder woman head is far and above the best WW head out there which includes all of the custom efforts. I didn’t just want to add hair to it I wanted to make it the definitive version of the head treatment I have seen yet.

her paint is tweaked to enhance likeness... something I do a lot on HT (and other figures) accentuation of the mouth, eyes, nose bridges eyebrows... does not take much to have a huge impact.

I did not just want to put hair on it as it was, so I shaved down the head bald and made an effort to push her hairline up higher, something I thought lacked from the original sculpt as her forehead felt a bit compressed especially with the tiara on it. I made an effort to make sure that when I completely haired the head I made the most accurate hair shape and hairline/part (quite happy with how that turned out BTW) to the Solo WW film. Because after all who really even wants to consider one of those other monstrosities of films that she was in anyways.

Continuing on that I could not use the HT Tiaras because of their over complicated “liney-ness” and while nothing was quite accurate, the Barbie Tiara was the most accurate to the solo film. Of course this took hours and hours to sand down razor thin and totally repaint to look high end.

Unfortunately the body armor does not match the solo film like the tiara does but it is what it is I guess.

The other notable mod here is the gold chain replacement on the lasso.

I feel like no one is really going to care about this because we’ve seen this kind of thing before but it’s actually one of the ones I’m most proud/happy with from all of my work.

I care! It always amazes me how figure artisans can showcase their remarkable skills on existing figures (that already look quite good out of the box). Stunning work! Absolutely gorgeous! You have every reason to be proud of your efforts!

I especially like the gold chain lasso replacement. It really adds noticeable weight to the rope.

Back