Prime 1 Studio: Batman v Superman - 1:2 Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok guys, I'm not crazy. I just checked...

That's more or less correct.

But note it probably won't be exact. As that is an approximation as they will be charging you in Australia dollars being $2,400 AUD plus shipping. It will be up up to your payment method that will decide the currency translation rate (as they are all slightly different), as well as any other possible FOREX fees.

That's more or less correct.

But note it probably won't be exact. As that is an approximation as they will be charging you in Australia dollars being $2,400 AUD plus shipping. It will be up up to your payment method that will decide the currency translation rate (as they are all slightly different), as well as any other possible FOREX fees.
I give up. Just buy from sideshow.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up, but seems like shipping and fees kill the popcultcha sale. I hoped the 15% coupon was good on this too when SS had that sale going, so I will wait and see if the next promo they do includes him with or instead of Bats.

As I mentioned previously the price you're seeing is including GST. Which for exports doesn't get charged.

The correct price should be around $1,650 USD.

I thought for sure anything that expensive would have import charges for US customers though?

US doesn't have import charges. Both times I purchased from popcultcha (Hot Toys) I only paid shipping and the pricing wasn't bad compared to buying directly from Sideshow (I'm in California). They covered the boxes in bubble wrap and were in great condition.

US doesn't have import charges. Both times I purchased from popcultcha (Hot Toys) I only paid shipping and the pricing wasn't bad compared to buying directly from Sideshow (I'm in California). They covered the boxes in bubble wrap and were in great condition.

I think your wrong. UPS has charged me import tax from Canada before on a $2500 item that was fully insured and also got charged by FedEx for a import from Canada on a $1400 item fully insured. I would imagine popcultcha is not fully insuring these items and that would be the only reason why there would be no import charge.

Depends on how much would be damaged i suppose. The way these couriers handle items scares me.

It would depend.

The cost of insuring all their deliveries, versus the loss on the few items lost or damaged in transit.
Many companies here in the US get a huge discount for volume shipping and no liability by carrier so it would work out not to insure them, but on a piece like this and going overseas they would be crazy not to.

I think your wrong. UPS has charged me import tax from Canada before on a $2500 item that was fully insured and also got charged by FedEx for a import from Canada on a $1400 item fully insured. I would imagine popcultcha is not fully insuring these items and that would be the only reason why there would be no import charge.
I checked some more and you're right, but I wasn't charged when I bought hot toys from popcultcha so I don't know what they did.

I've also purchased from Amazon UK with no charges. Must be the product type or small value?

Like I said about 2 pages back.. just buy if from sideshow...the $200 or less savings is not worth the aggravation of getting a $2000 damaged product. I think it's great to have open discussion but this just seems like a dog chasing his tail for pages...

My Batman came from SS and when he arrived he seemed perfect... his combined weight between the base and figure is about 80 lb. After I set him up and put the batteries in the base.. the base didn't light up...:( So SS customer service issued me a replacement base.. it's coming from Prime 1 because they have to put the edition size on the bottom.. but no problems no worries it's going to take about 4-6 weeks..the good part is Bats sits on his current base so it's just a waiting period now. Superman came with no issue at all.

Fingers crossed WW has 0 issues when she arrives..:)

Last edited:
I checked some more and you're right, but I wasn't charged when I bought hot toys from popcultcha so I don't know what they did.

I've also purchased from Amazon UK with no charges. Must be the product type or small value?

I'm thinking it has to be because the "value" of those HT pieces isn't much. I have my eye on a ECC piece that popcultcha has, but I'm scared I would reamed for import charges and I don't know how much that would be. Maybe an additional $100?

Many companies here in the US get a huge discount for volume shipping and no liability by carrier so it would work out not to insure them, but on a piece like this and going overseas they would be crazy not to.

but I'm thinking, say if a SS piece or even a ECC piece gets damaged in transit. They would more then likely have you send that item back to those companies directly and get replacements directly from them too.

For those of u who own this does the color shade of the suit change given the lighting conditions? The reason I ask is because when I see the unboxing videos on you tube both the blue and red look darker than it does when its put together and displayed in most pictures.

For those of u who own this does the color shade of the suit change given the lighting conditions? The reason I ask is because when I see the unboxing videos on you tube both the blue and red look darker than it does when its put together and displayed in most pictures.

Yes, it changes a lot. Its a lot more vibrant during the day when there is natural light coming into the room.

Talking about the suit i am really glad they went the actual color of the suit instead of how it looked in the movies (darker). It's an amazing blue.

Yes, it changes a lot. Its a lot more vibrant during the day when there is natural light coming into the room.

But it can look darker, if u keep it away from light?

Talking about the suit i am really glad they went the actual color of the suit instead of how it looked in the movies (darker). It's an amazing blue.

I am sure it is, but I don't like how they went for the actual color, especially when the color of the suit on the box of this statue is the same color as the suit from the movie. It's the major reason why I am reluctant to get it, each to their own I guess.

Back