NBA

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Teams like the Lakers and Mavs are being forced into unpopular player and salary shavings to reform to the new cba rules. The cba was a laser beam pointed straight at teams like Lakers and Mavs who were willing to go over the cap. Loser teams banded together in a majority rules situation. Teams have this year and the next to you cutback on contracts then it goes x4 when your over. For example lamar odoms 9 mill turns into 36 mill if that's the contract that puts you over. The genius of the Lakers chris Paul trade was it shaved 40 million I in contracts and all the while made us better. Again loser teams banded together and made stern veto it. Amoral of the story is you can never keep the Lakers down.

Don't you hate fair play and competitive balance! Bummer! :nana:

Don't you hate fair play and competitive balance! Bummer! :nana:

Really its about being smart. There are plenty of over spenders who still stink. Lakers will always be good because of their location and ownership regardless of what jealous owners and corrupt stern want to do. Looking forward to exploiting the spurs weaknesses again tonight.

Also, is anyone else finding pleasure in Jordan's Bobcats possibly being the worse team in NBA history? Those 90's Bull's teams were so annoying (or awesome if you were a fan) .

Just goes to show again that Mike has no clue about running team. I'm loving watching him fail at that..:yess:

He's not that great of an owner. Can't get out of his own way but watching him rip the heart out of everyone elses teams was fun. :yess:

What were you saying about Parker? looks like Sessions will be having nightmares tonight about him.

Love Timmy Dunking on mcroberts. Yeah, it's looking more and more like last week was a big bit of luck. Spurs > lakers

FACT: Lakers are actually a much better team without Kobe than with.

So when Kobe comes back, I will feel even less threatened by LA :wave

Overall they aren't better without Kobe. Against a team like the Spurs who have matchup problems with bigs they potentially are because you take Kobe out and they focus on feeding it inside over and over. They don't have to worry about getting Kobe his shots.

Right we would have more rings if Kobe was never a laker. Sure any lineup is better with ebanks starting over one of the games best players of alltime. SuUUUURe...

Overall they aren't better without Kobe. Against a team like the Spurs who have matchup problems with bigs they potentially are because you take Kobe out and they focus on feeding it inside over and over. They don't have to worry about getting Kobe his shots.

Statistically they are actually a better team without Kobe this season- that is a fact. If you like, I can pull the team's stats. Anything beyond that is opinion and subjective. They shoot better, they distribute the ball better and there appears to be, granted outside looking in, a better chemistry. Whether they could win a championship without him is purely speculative since, he is a warrior, we know he will play in the playoffs, however I'm not so sure they can win a championship this season with him as well.

Now before LA fans start freaking out on me, I want to say there's nothing wrong with saying a team is better off without their star. It happens. For awhile I would argue the Spurs would have been better off without Duncan and/or Manu. A great case study is the Nuggets. The Nuggets are a better team without 'Melo and some may argue the Knicks would be too.

But have you seen how piss poor Kobe has shot this season? He's shooting .402 for February, .387 for March and .430 for the season. He has become a volume shooter, that is absolutely a detriment to the team.

Right we would have more rings if Kobe was never a laker. Sure any lineup is better with ebanks starting over one of the games best players of alltime. SuUUUURe...

I'm talking about this season. Obviously the Lakers would not have won rings sans Kobe in the past...

Statistically they are actually a better team without Kobe this season- that is a fact. If you like, I can pull the team's stats. Anything beyond that is opinion and subjective. They shoot better, they distribute the ball better and there appears to be, granted outside looking in, a better chemistry. Whether they could win a championship without him is purely speculative since, he is a warrior, we know he will play in the playoffs, however I'm not so sure they can win a championship this season with him as well.

Now before LA fans start freaking out on me, I want to say there's nothing wrong with saying a team is better off without their star. It happens. For awhile I would argue the Spurs would have been better off without Duncan and/or Manu. A great case study is the Nuggets. The Nuggets are a better team without 'Melo and some may argue the Knicks would be too.

But have you seen how piss poor Kobe has shot this season? He's shooting .402 for February, .387 for March and .430 for the season. He has become a volume shooter, that is absolutely a detriment to the team.

I'm talking about this season. Obviously the Lakers would not have won rings sans Kobe in the past...
He has only missed 6 games. If he missed half the season and the stats were the same, I would agree, but 6 games out of 62 played isn't enough to make a statement like that.

you were already a joke before. after this statement please just do us all a favor and leave this thread.

Back