Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My guess is, since it didn't get any sort of port to consoles, they're not going to spend the extra $$$ to fund a port for the sake of this collection. :(

And it's a shame, I thought it had a much better story to the franchise than PW. Did you play it?

I didnt like the game in any way. The art was cool and the story had some good elements. I dislike that Fox is in it, and how it shows that BigBoss is completely unoriginal.

Not really a big miss. Especially that its not a HideoKojima game it makes sence.

@ yikhai
HLJ don't do a tracking number for SAL International shipping do they? Cant wait till mines comes through, unfortunately i have no idea when

Yeah, only once since it was on a friends borrowed PSP. I felt it added more to the legacy than Peace Walker. Peace Walker feels tacked on and unnecessary :dunno

YES!! I COMPLETELY AGREE!!

I think it's very underrated. Sure the story was a little cheesy with sticking Frank Yeager in there, but it had more value to the continuing story of Big Boss than Peace Walker. At least with that game there was actual human bosses.

@ZombieRepublican No tracking via SAL, I usually get all items from HLJ between 7-14 days. Add on 7 days if HMRC have held it for customs charges...

Regarding MPO and PW, I could never control using the PSP properly so I was thankful for the inclusion of PW in the HD Collection and still wish MPO got the same treatment.

I read in a review that the dodgy camera gets you caught expectedly sometimes in MPO, is that true?

@ZombieRepublican No tracking via SAL, I usually get all items from HLJ between 7-14 days. Add on 7 days if HMRC have held it for customs charges...

Regarding MPO and PW, I could never control using the PSP properly so I was thankful for the inclusion of PW in the HD Collection and still wish MPO got the same treatment.

I read in a review that the dodgy camera gets you caught expectedly sometimes in MPO, is that true?

It's been years since I played it, but I think I remember it having a bad camera. Most PSP games did.

MPO may not be great, but it's still canon as far as I know.

I thought that Viper's introduction was pretty cool, as someone from Big Boss's past. PO also had Frank Jaeger and Campbell (along with Eva, Raikov and Ocelot to a lesser extent). In my opinion, that game did a lot of fan service, and added to premise of how Big Boss acquired the funds to start Outer Heaven. It might not have been that much of a great MGS game, but I still enjoyed the storyline significantly more than Peace Walker's.

Paramedic and Sigint were also not evil, like they turned out in PW and MGS 4 :slap

I thought that Viper's introduction was pretty cool, as someone from Big Boss's past. PO also had Frank Jaeger and Campbell (along with Eva, Raikov and Ocelot to a lesser extent). In my opinion, that game did a lot of fan service, and added to premise of how Big Boss acquired the funds to start Outer Heaven. It might not have been that much of a great MGS game, but I still enjoyed the storyline significantly more than Peace Walker's.

Fan service was at least done well in that, there wasn't one thing I enjoyed at all from PW's story :dunno

Fan service was at least done well in that, there wasn't one thing I enjoyed at all from PW's story :dunno

Yup. Singing robots; an annoying kid who talks about UFOs and imaginary monsters; an even more annoying dude in a wheelchair who looks and sounds like Otacon (maybe Otacon was cloned from Huey in the "Les Enfants Nerds" project); a super-powered mech with The Boss's brains; no human bosses; gay scenes with Big Boss and Kaz; There's just too much to list. :lol :slap

Let's not forget "peace" this and "peace" that. "My name is Kaz, it means PEACE". "I'm Paz. My name means PEACE, and I attended the University of PEACE". As for Kojima, he was probably, "Hey guyzzz and Shinkawazzz, here's a huge mech, let's call it PEACE Walker, and use a PEACE sign for the cover, and call our new game PEACE walker!".

Last edited:
Yup. Singing robots; an annoying kid who talks about UFOs and imaginary monsters; an even more annoying dude in a wheelchair who looks and sounds like Otacon (maybe Otacon was cloned from Huey in the "Les Enfants Nerds" project); a super-powered mech with The Boss's brains; no human bosses; gay scenes with Big Boss and Kaz. There's just too much to list. :lol :slap

ceelonausea_zps30aca82c.gif

BigBoss_Salute.jpg

If I were to try and put this Snake together using the Hot Toys Headsculpt does anyone have any suggestions for the outfit? I'm not really familiar with a lot of 1/6 military figures so I'm not really sure which type of uniform this would be.

Yup. Singing robots; an annoying kid who talks about UFOs and imaginary monsters; an even more annoying dude in a wheelchair who looks and sounds like Otacon (maybe Otacon was cloned from Huey in the "Les Enfants Nerds" project); a super-powered mech with The Boss's brains; no human bosses; gay scenes with Big Boss and Kaz; There's just too much to list. :lol :slap

Let's not forget "peace" this and "peace" that. "My name is Kaz, it means PEACE". "I'm Paz. My name means PEACE, and I attended the University of PEACE". As for Kojima, he was probably, "Hey guyzzz and Shinkawazzz, here's a huge mech, let's call it PEACE Walker, and use a PEACE sign for the cover, and call our new game PEACE walker!".

Other than that Peace Walker was great. I enjoyed some aspects of the story, particularly the Peace Walker boss.
Paz Kaz bla bla bla. I wished they called him Miller. But most importantly Peace Walker was fun to play! The same cannot be said about PO

@yikhai
cheers for the info bud. Hopefully mine comes through next week then :)

Other than that Peace Walker was great. I enjoyed some aspects of the story, particularly the Peace Walker boss.
Paz Kaz bla bla bla. I wished they called him Miller. But most importantly Peace Walker was fun to play! The same cannot be said about PO

@yikhai
cheers for the info bud. Hopefully mine comes through next week then :)

Yeah, PW was a lot more fun than PO - no doubt about it. The storyline was pretty awful when trying to relate it to the canon of the other MGS games, though - it just doesn't make any sense.

Back