Predator 3 vs Aliens 5

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aliens 5 or Predator 3

• Aliens 5

Votes: 33 37.9%
  • Predator 3

Votes: 54 62.1%

• Total voters
Originally Posted by Rincewind
Alien 5 set on earth where the aliens break out of a lab and overrun a small island. Kinda like Jurrasic Park, but with Aliens. Jeff Goldblum gets sent in with a handful of cocky marines to "kill them all" :lol :wacky
Aliens go back to being intelligent and crafty creatures, not just cannon fodder.

In what way would any of that be different to what we've already seen though? AvP2 was crap but it pretty much covered the 'Aliens on Earth' scenario - plus we've seen intelligent and crafty Alien in the first and 3rd films and we've seen cannon fodder Alien in the 2nd film and AvP2. We've seen Aliens killing people and we've seen people killing Aliens. Theres really nothing more to be done.

The same could probably be said for Predator but being the more human-like characters I'd say theres more that could be done with them than Aliens. Perhaps there are different aspects to Predator culture than just the hunters. I want to see what predator politicians and garbage yautja's are like!!

It's not different at all, hence the wacky and laughing smilies! I was being sarcastic.:peace

we've seen too much of the creatures on screen. they're not scary anymore, hence the lack of a value proposition for the franchise to continue. i say let it rest.

I think there are some great Aliens and Predator comics out there! Maybe we could use a couple for Aliens 5\Predator 3? Some real class comics that would make GREAT movies are out there already!

Notably, Bad Blood. Otherwise, everything else is some sort of variation on what's already been in the films - granted, often better than the film themselves, but nonetheless thematically similar.

In addition, a lot of the stories which worked well as comics wouldn't translate well to films... they're more TV series 'episode of the week' material.

Dark Horse's approach is instructive.. I think they dropped the comics because they'd beaten both concepts to death. There was certainly a lot of re-use of ideas going on in later years.

I just SOOO want to know.. or SEE more about the origin of Aliens, i reckon they should make a Prequel. where did the aliens come from, there home planet etc

Great as a one liner, but I suspect very tricky to do in a film. You need a really good narrative angle, otherwise you just end up with Space Jockey exposition.

we've seen too much of the creatures on screen. they're not scary anymore, hence the lack of a value proposition for the franchise to continue. i say let it rest.

I would like to see more predator fighting skills. AVP predators were just 'strangling' each other to death. :banghead

HOW ABOUT PREDATOR FIGHT SCENES LIKE THE MOVIE '300' (Spartans)? :banana

In addition to a great and philosophical story line of course! Maybe about Predator culture, system, life, homeworld etc.

I don't know, how about humans capturing their techology, and taking the fight to the Predator? I remember, Predator did live his mask, shoulder cannon in the Slaughter house in P2. Also his wrist computer should be lying about in an alley way in LA (P2).

Good god....no. Never. I agree with Lone, let them DIE. I can live without another AvP/Alien/Pred movie. Would I want more? Yes, but we'll never get a good movie because they listen to US fans too much. Come up with a good story, that doesnt screw up anything, and we're fine.

Great as a one liner, but I suspect very tricky to do in a film. You need a really good narrative angle, otherwise you just end up with Space Jockey exposition.

still, that would be better then another AVP, unless they really out there finger out and make a sick battle in outa space, like AVP Extinction

In addition, a lot of the stories which worked well as comics wouldn't translate well to films... they're more TV series 'episode of the week' material.

.......You know, that's not a half bad idea. Give it to the proper people and a Predator TV series could maybe work better then a new movie...Though I'm just worried that they may have to skip on the violence.

I'd like either to be made, but if I had to chose, it would be Alien5. The AVP films felt really slanted towards the Preds so I'd like something to return the Aliens back to their original badass horror status instead of just being a bunch of cannon fodder.

But I don't want a continuation of the Ripley storyline, I'd prefer something to feature the Colonial Marines or something similar.

From the mouth of Sigourney Weaver:

“The last time [Ridley and I] saw each other we talked about it. The character is still interesting [and] I’d love to work with Ridley again,” Weaver said. “But Fox has effectively killed it because of ‘Alien vs. Predator.’ What else can you do with the creature? You can take the situation, you can go back to where they came from. …To play someone who ages a couple hundred years was fascinating. [But] let [Ripley] rest.”

So true that AVP killed both franchises.

From the mouth of Sigourney Weaver:

“The last time [Ridley and I] saw each other we talked about it. The character is still interesting [and] I’d love to work with Ridley again,” Weaver said. “But Fox has effectively killed it because of ‘Alien vs. Predator.’ What else can you do with the creature? You can take the situation, you can go back to where they came from. …To play someone who ages a couple hundred years was fascinating. [But] let [Ripley] rest.”

So true that AVP killed both franchises.

Interesting information there!

That's why I HATE AVP 1 and 2. It killed Aliens and Predator and didn't bring anything to the scene other than Dawson Creek NOOB type actors.

How about a documentary type movie that leaves you hanging like LOTR?

WHAT ABOUT A CLOVERFIELD TYPE ALIENS MOVIE?!:monkey5

I'd like either to be made, but if I had to chose, it would be Alien5. The AVP films felt really slanted towards the Preds so I'd like something to return the Aliens back to their original badass horror status instead of just being a bunch of cannon fodder.

But I don't want a continuation of the Ripley storyline, I'd prefer something to feature the Colonial Marines or something similar.

OK but, assuming you're not being sarcastic (see my previous exchange with Rincewind), if you're going to have colonial marines how would the Aliens not be treated like cannon fodder? Vica versa if Aliens aren't going to get shot up whats the point in having colonial marines?

Ah. My apologies.

no worries buddy. :peace

I think everyone here is quite right in saying that AVP killed the last remaining chances of a good Predator or Aliens movie.:banghead
I still really enjoy watching Predator and Alien and Aliens, and I would be quite happy if they never did another Pred/Alien film ever again.

Maybe the next Avp movie can be even darker, and the audience has to wear thermal googles to see, just like the Predator.:banana

Interesting information there!

That's why I HATE AVP 1 and 2. It killed Aliens and Predator and didn't bring anything to the scene other than Dawson Creek NOOB type actors.

How about a documentary type movie that leaves you hanging like LOTR?

WHAT ABOUT A CLOVERFIELD TYPE ALIENS MOVIE?!:monkey5

I actually like that idea.
In fact, I though that CLOVERFIELD WAS AVP:R at first.

Seeing as how the creatures have been overexposed, a "humans only" perspective might do them some good IMO. The "not knowing when or where" should bring some spontaneity back to both franchises.
That would also be a good way of never fully showing the creatures, and turn the films back into horror- instead of action- flicks.

An example of what I mean is like in ALIENS when the Marines were in the Hive.
"Apone, where's Apone?"....."Forget him, he's dead"!

Totally awesomeness!

Predator 3 for me. I would vote Alien5 only if Cameron directed and it turned out 3 and 4 did not happen. Newt, Hicks,Bishop and Ripley are still alive

First off, I have to say if we ever see ALIEN 5 or PREDATOR 3...I'd want to see some TRUE talent behind these movies. A great, talented director who knows what the hell he is doing much in light of Ridley Scott, James Cameron and heck...I'll even extend credit toward John McTiernan and even Stephen Hopkins did well with Predator 2.

I'd want talent that certainly loves and cares for the creations but isn't too "fanboy" like Paul Anderson.

Not only that, we need a great script as well. For Alien 5, I'm all for the Aliens on future Earth.

However, I want to see PREDATOR 3...and I'd actually like to see a DIFFERENT perspective in this and have the protagonist be a PREDATOR. Taking him from his birth, to growing up in Predator society to eventual learning the hunt and departing to a human colony to become Blooded. There could be minimal communication, with most of the Predator-only scenes having to be decyphered by the audience through the actions of the actors on-screen.

Or perhaps we can have a human narrator...and in the end discover that the story is more about a human who has crash-landed on the Predator homeworld...having been discovered by the clan, his integration and proving himself through combat...very similar to Machiko's story. It'll be very similar to one of those "acceptance" stories into a foreign society...however this is from a totally different aspect.

First off, I have to say if we ever see ALIEN 5 or PREDATOR 3...I'd want to see some TRUE talent behind these movies. A great, talented director who knows what the hell he is doing much in light of Ridley Scott, James Cameron and heck...I'll even extend credit toward John McTiernan and even Stephen Hopkins did well with Predator 2.

I'd want talent that certainly loves and cares for the creations but isn't too "fanboy" like Paul Anderson.

Not only that, we need a great script as well. For Alien 5, I'm all for the Aliens on future Earth.

However, I want to see PREDATOR 3...and I'd actually like to see a DIFFERENT perspective in this and have the protagonist be a PREDATOR. Taking him from his birth, to growing up in Predator society to eventual learning the hunt and departing to a human colony to become Blooded. There could be minimal communication, with most of the Predator-only scenes having to be decyphered by the audience through the actions of the actors on-screen.

Or perhaps we can have a human narrator...and in the end discover that the story is more about a human who has crash-landed on the Predator homeworld...having been discovered by the clan, his integration and proving himself through combat...very similar to Machiko's story. It'll be very similar to one of those "acceptance" stories into a foreign society...however this is from a totally different aspect.

I wouldn't mind if the film was from the Predator's perspective but I don't know if I'd like the Predators talking through their own language but if they did that clicking noise they make to each other it might work?

Alien 5 would need to start with the following scene:

*Ripley wakes up from a hypersleep pod*
Ripley: Oh god!
Hicks: What's wrong?
Ripley: Oh nothing. I just had this horrible nightmare that we all died.
Newt: Don't be afraid Ripley. It was just a dream.

Back