Captain America Shield

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It says the new Modern shield is 30 inches.

Is that the same length of the Factory X shield? Does anyone have the Factory X and can measure the diameter please?

It says the new Modern shield is 30 inches.

Is that the same length of the Factory X shield? Does anyone have the Factory X and can measure the diameter please?

the factory x sheild is 27" in Diameter...so the new one is slighter bigger if its really 30", but I am not sure you'd want one any bigger..the Factory x one is big enough

Is that you in the picture?:horror:D

yep! these all are me, except spidey...when I was costuming for work.The costumes designed (with a mixture of Starwars armor) were put together by myself...of course the factory x props went beautifully with my marvel costumes

the factory x sheild is 27" in Diameter...so the new one is slighter bigger if its really 30", but I am not sure you'd want one any bigger..the Factory x one is big enough

If you want accuracy you want 30". Captain America's Shield 30" in Diameter in the comics. I new MR Shield looks like it will be the same quality if not maybe slightly better than Factory X's version but I will say I like Factory X's display, its simple yet strong and I think personally the crates are a little too much....they are bigger than the shields themselves which means more wall space.

If you want accuracy you want 30". Captain America's Shield 30" in Diameter in the comics. I new MR Shield looks like it will be the same quality if not maybe slightly better than Factory X's version but I will say I like Factory X's display, its simple yet strong and I think personally the crates are a little too much....they are bigger than the shields themselves which means more wall space.

I agree with you on the display. That's why I wonder on the feasibility to wall mount the shields without the crates. I also hope the quality of the crates is good enough to match the quality of the shield. The painted wood retro army thing they are going for can come out sweet or cheesy.

Not crazy about the display choice on this one.I'd say the original has the edge in that department IMHO.

I like the 1940's shield's crate more than the 60's shield's crate. But if I get one it'll be the 60's one.

d_5099.jpg

Why does the copy in that solicitation say that the first appearance of Captain America using this shield was from 1964? While it is true Cap's first official Silver Age appearance was in AVENGERS #4 in 1964, he began using the disc-shaped shield in CAPTAIN AMERICA COMICS #2, in 1941. The triangular shield was only used for 1 issue, CA COMICS #1, then changed when it was feared MLJ (later Archie comics) might sue based on the similarity of Cap's shield to the costume of their patriotic hero, dubbed The Shield.

Technically they are right. While its true that Captain America used the circular shield in Captain America Comics 2, the color scheme was different. Take a look:

2-3.jpg

3-4.jpg

The Modern Version which appeared in Avengers 4 is the scheme that we know.

Technically they are right. While its true that Captain America used the circular shield in Captain America Comics 2, the color scheme was different.
The Modern Version which appeared in Avengers 4 is the scheme that we know.

Yeah, I'm aware that Cap's disc-shaped shield, as drawn in the Golden Age, almost always had 4 stripes (usually 2 red and 2 white, but early on the outer blue stripe as your pics show). However, I think the description should read that it was first DRAWN that way beginning in 1964. Saying he began using it in 1964 makes it sound as if he receives a new shield then, which isn't the case, seeing as how the Avengers find him with the 3-stripe shield. Not a big deal, I guess, but a little misleading.

True but at that point its all just semantics, in reality what I've found is that most people who buy a lot of Marvel stuff are not really up on the historical aspects usually just Modern Age and forward so in reality for them they wouldn't know any better.

I tried to find these on razor's edge, but can't. Were they taken down?

Back