SSC Zartan 12-Inch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those who are on the 'SW is a Snoozefest' line of thinking need to check out IG-88.

Personally I'm very impressed by the Joe line, and the Zartan & R&R figures turned out great....but SS is definitely stepping up their game in the SW line as well and IG-88 is just one example of that.

Those who are on the 'SW is a Snoozefest' line of thinking need to check out IG-88.

Personally I'm very impressed by the Joe line, and the Zartan & R&R figures turned out great....but SS is definitely stepping up their game in the SW line as well and IG-88 is just one example of that.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

$175 for a 1/6 figure of a SW prop that sucked so bad they had to lean it up against the wall during shooting because it couldn't stand on it's own. NO THANKS! :lol

Not really sure what the prop from the movie could or couldn't do really has to do with a 1:6 scale figure....but whatever.

Still think it's an impressive piece and I'd rather SS took risks on non-conventional characters, droids etc. to help keep this and other 1:6 lines moving forward.

IG-88 is cool. I'll pass, though, as my collection is shifting focus away from SW and more towards GI Joe.
I think the SW line is ok, they just have to really produce some marquee characters.

star wars has some great characters too but ss needs to put them out and stop all the clone cloning.

I agree to some extent, but I also understand that they're just cashing in on the cash cow now that they have the foundation in place. It only makes sense from a business standpoint and it wasn't that long ago that many fans were chomping at the bit for any armored characters. And they have been making improvements with each clone release which is also good.

Back on topic with Zartan, I really like the improvements/modifications that they made with the Prometheus 1.2 body because this opens up opportunities for other characters as well down the road that they can leverage this for in multiple lines.

Not really sure what the prop from the movie could or couldn't do really has to do with a 1:6 scale figure....but whatever.

Still think it's an impressive piece and I'd rather SS took risks on non-conventional characters, droids etc. to help keep this and other 1:6 lines moving forward.

I'm sure IG-88 has a fan base in the Star Wars boards. But truth be told, he's a D-list character that's only prolonging the releases of other, much sought after droids like R2, C-3PO, Grievous, etc. I guess I just found it funny freaks seemed disappointed in a lack of interest in IG-88 in a Joe thread. :lol

Greedo, Mamawhateverthehellhisnameis Nadon, Battle Droids, Neil and Bobber clones, 4th Sandtrooper variant (Babysitter flashbacks), 5ft polystone lizard, the dumb cantina environments, there're some good pieces coming but just as much yawns.

Come on NAMmers, you're gonna rip on the Dewback? You're better than that.

I would agree with that 110%. Though, I mostly concentrating on the Clones I've been pleased with the items that weren't. This is just the cycle though as I remember all the when are we going to get something other than Han, Luke, and Leia. :lol Next, year it will be when are we going to get something other than Bounty Hunters. :lol

Well, at least it will be before the world ends. :lol
Depends on your take and likes, I agree with Nam that the exciting figs are to far apart

i only just saw tomorrows preview of IG88, which is awesome news, but hoopefully we have a Bossk and co to go with him before 2017.

The release of the BD only means more endless variants now, and I could care less about them. Not that Im a PT hater, just want more characters then generic rehashes.

Either way Zartan kicks major ass

Yeah, I agree on the BD front. Ugh. And Zartan is one pricey SOB! :rock

Come on NAMmers, you're gonna rip on the Dewback? You're better than that.

:lol Yes, I am gonna rip on it. It's cool, but it's just not practical unless you're one of those virgins whose mom doesn't give a damn what goes on top of the entertainment center in the living room. And that's assuming there's enough space between the entertainment center and the ceiling.

Seriously. I was already being a bit picky with Joes, but HT Star Wars, HT pumping out all kinds of Marvel figures I want, Sideshow DC figures and statues, various Sideshow Marvel and film stuff I was already into. . .I honestly have no idea where my collection goes from here.

Seriously. I was already being a bit picky with Joes, but HT Star Wars, HT pumping out all kinds of Marvel figures I want, Sideshow DC figures and statues, various Sideshow Marvel and film stuff I was already into. . .I honestly have no idea where my collection goes from here.

I narrowed it. If IG88's price is a test for future SW figures from Sideshow, I'm done with the exception of ROTJ Vader, R2 and 3PO. For Marvel, only 3 figures, I want IM, Thor and Cap. For DC the same, Bats, Supes and likely GL. This way I have Avengers and JLA. HT Star Wars can go ____ itself. That's gonna be a dead end that's not fun for anybody. Overpriced figures (HT mark-ups, SSC kickdowns and LFL licensing) that'll have fanboys mortgaging their houses to keep up. And the sheer level of OCD nitpicking ____ers will bring the Star Wars threads to an all time low. So no sense popping in there AT ALL! I can see every mod having access to the SW boards now. :lol

Me too...leaning towards dumping statues and PF's just stick to 1/6th figures.

Back