Statue Sideshow Superman Rebirth Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s funny. I’m a white dude with Irish ancestry and my complexion is much closer to the new PF than the old.
You’re just trying to justify the color of the the statue. Lol

Seriously though, such an incredible sculpt if not for the dark skin this would have been a grand slam.

It’s funny. I’m a white dude with Irish ancestry and my complexion is much closer to the new PF than the old.
Must be that California sun. [emoji274]

I am of Italian descent and he's darker than I am. But I also live in Canada.
Either way it just comes down to what you think Superman looks like. I think this PF looks like George Hamilton... Thought so from day one.

Opinions differ on this one for sure!

No, I don’t feel any need to justify it. I’m as happy with it today as the day I ordered it.
I was kidding, everyone around here is so serious all the time. 🙄

I still really like it as well, but I know what I see so I’m sure I will like it even more after the repaint.

I just got a price for a repaint. Three pieces - head and two hands - for about 70 USD. I'm okay with the price... just wanted to see if anyone has done this yet?

Please post some pictures of your repaint for me!!
[emoji16]

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

I just got a price for a repaint. Three pieces - head and two hands - for about 70 USD. I'm okay with the price... just wanted to see if anyone has done this yet?

Please post some pictures of your repaint for me!!
[emoji16]

Thanks

That's a great price if it looks the way you want it to afterwards. Obviously we shouldn't have to pay to have it customised but if it's quality work then it could be worse

I know everyone's going crazy over the Hush Superman right now, but to me this is the far stronger piece, with a much more natural looking physique and better overall sculpt.

I know everyone's going crazy over the Hush Superman right now, but to me this is the far stronger piece, with a much more natural looking physique and better overall sculpt.

I have to agree, I do like both pieces but the sideshow one is my favorite

I prefer nearly everything on the Prime 1 piece over that of Sideshows, except for that damn skin tone on Prime 1’s facesculpt.

rose colored glasses for the ssc pf man there is no comparison between this and the hush statue, sure the SSC version has some nice features but as total package it isn't even close in any regard. the only thing the PF has going for it, is it gives collectors a cheaper option to have a nice supes in the collection esp for those who are more interested in saving some money more then about quality or owning the best out there. For a ssc PF it is really nice but for SSC standards only, not in comparison to bigger better ones. The same could be said about any ssc statue compared to prime 1

rose colored glasses for the ssc pf man there is no comparison between this and the hush statue, sure the SSC version has some nice features but as total package it isn't even close in any regard. the only thing the PF has going for it, is it gives collectors a cheaper option to have a nice supes in the collection esp for those who are more interested in saving some money more then about quality or owning the best out there. For a ssc PF it is really nice but for SSC standards only, not in comparison to bigger better ones. The same could be said about any ssc statue compared to prime 1

For people who collect 1/4 scale ssc is a great option. As you say, even if p1's 1/4 scale pieces are better, they're still more expensive

I have both and really like both but the Prime 1 is to me quite a bit more impressive, probably has a lot has to do with the size. Being my first 1:3 statue, it is giving me the same kind of WOW thoughts I had when I got my first 1:4 scale SSC Batman after being a 1:6 only scale collector

Hush Superman is a magnificent piece. Only two things I don't like about mine are the oversized base and the infuriating way the cape attaches.

Hush Superman is a magnificent piece. Only two things I don't like about mine are the oversized base and the infuriating way the cape attaches.
The base is ridiculously large. But its not just Superman though. All the 1/3 DC pieces have a giant stone looking bottom.

Bigger base means they can increase selling price more haha

Back