1/6 Batman: TAS figures coming from Mondo...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know Catwoman was teased the other day, but anyone else worried about this line? We got Batman after 8-9 months, Freeze is due in a few months, but nothing else has been up for pre-order or really said about the timing of releases? If we're only going to get 2 a year, I can't see this line being sustainable. What do you all think?

Personally, I like that they're coming out slowly since they're so expensive.

There was a recent podcast featuring the guy in charge of figures at Mondo and he explained that they're a small company hence why it takes them so long to get figures out. He also explained that they only have plans for those characters shown right now (Batman, Freeze, Catwoman, Batgirl, Robin, Harley, Joker, Batman Beyond). He says there's always a possibility of more after that depending on sales and demand, but right now they only plan to make those figures previously mentioned.

As for wether the line will continue to be popular or not two or three years from now, then all I can say is yes, of course it will. It's Batman The Animated Series!

Personally, I like that they're coming out slowly since they're so expensive.

There was a recent podcast featuring the guy in charge of figures at Mondo and he explained that they're a small company hence why it takes them so long to get figures out. He also explained that they only have plans for those characters shown right now (Batman, Freeze, Catwoman, Batgirl, Robin, Harley, Joker, Batman Beyond). He says there's always a possibility of more after that depending on sales and demand, but right now they only plan to make those figures previously mentioned.

As for wether the line will continue to be popular or not two or three years from now, then all I can say is yes, of course it will. It's Batman The Animated Series!

Where can I find that podcast?

On iTunes or Spotify, search for The Bat Force or Bat Force Radio. You’ll want episode 178 with Brock Otterbacher who’s the guy in charge of figures at Mondo.

Mondo is also producing a He-Man line. He-Man was released in Feb., and Skeletor is coming in a couple of months. So if Mondo, a small company that doesn't focus on 1/6 figs, is producing 4 or 5 per year... not so bad, I think.

They were supposed to take my last payment for Mr. Freeze in April, is that still on target?

Hey, just wanted to show off my new Batman display, thanks to twelveinchfigures.weebly.com for the amazing custom backdrop!

Bring on the Joker!

IMG_20190409_103142.jpg

IMG_20190520_141142.jpg

Received a notice from Sideshow yesterday that Freeze has been delayed until late summer/early fall.

I received an email from Mondo (whom I purchased the exclusive from), that due to production delays Mr Freeze is now slated for shipment in August.

I received an email from Mondo (whom I purchased the exclusive from), that due to production delays Mr Freeze is now slated for shipment in August.

Same here. Funny thing is I emailed them an hour before about the shipping date before getting this. They must have been getting a lot of questions about it.

August? So we should see a preview for the next one soon right?

My dream figure for this line is Man-Bat but I doubt we'll ever get to him.

Catwoman’s finally on the horizon and she looks gorgeous. Not sure about the black Batman variant that nobody asked for, but, depending on what he comes with, if taking a hit on a cheap repaint means they have the support they need to give us the rest of the line-up, I might be willing to explore it:

IMG_6053__scaled_800.jpg

IMG_6055__scaled_800.jpg

Back