Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was my second HT figure and still one of my favorites.
I don't dislike the cowl out of the box, I think it is a good representation of the character.
The many custom cowls I've seen are in my opinion inferior or equal to the HT one, not better.

One mod really needs to be done though; shortening the neck (see here).
I left two little thin tabs for the cape clips when cutting the bottom of the cowl and I made the front of the neck slightly pointy.
I still need to grind the neck post thinner in order to get more space between it and the cowl for the cape, it will make the whole thing seat better.
I fixed the boots, varnished the gauntlets and repositioned the crotch area so it looks like there's something in there.
Very happy with this guy!

qPbjing.jpg

I properly placed the cape and clips.
The reshaped neck bottom ans clips now have that bat symbol shape that is visible on the real suit.
I'll call this one done for now, with this neck mod I don't need to push the chin down in order to eliminate the giraffe neck.
He now looks natural in most poses.

YX7WjX2.jpg

zqHnB2z.jpg

I fixed the boots and I do have a custom head and cape on it. I prefer this suit to the dark knight suit. He just looks so mean in Batman Begins. Love this figure too. Need to get all my figures set back up.

This is one of the few Batman designs I'd like to see them take another crack at. 2011 right around when HT was really upping their game and I feel like this guy kind of got the short end of the stick as far as design and production (I mean look at the rampant ankle issues). I feel like a new version with their current level of production would come out really nice.

It would sell no problem if they did a 3.0. They’ve even improved a lot on human sculpts/paint apps since then so an updated Wayne sculpt would be a good selling point.

This is one of the few Batman designs I'd like to see them take another crack at. 2011 right around when HT was really upping their game and I feel like this guy kind of got the short end of the stick as far as design and production (I mean look at the rampant ankle issues). I feel like a new version with their current level of production would come out really nice.

It would sell no problem if they did a 3.0. They’ve even improved a lot on human sculpts/paint apps since then so an updated Wayne sculpt would be a good selling point.

I was tempted by this fig. a few times, but eventually the 1/4 version released and I was blown away by it. However I'd still like a 1/6 version, heck, maybe even a downscaled 1/4 would be good to me since I think its proportions and cowl are well done.

I was tempted by this fig. a few times, but eventually the 1/4 version released and I was blown away by it. However I'd still like a 1/6 version, heck, maybe even a downscaled 1/4 would be good to me since I think its proportions and cowl are well done.

I had both the QS001 and Enterbay BB but realized that I wanted to stick with 1/6 figures so I sold them.
I also thought the bodies on both 1/4 figures were oddly proportioned.
You are right the new 1/4 HT Batman Begins looks good but this one makes me happy.

I would also like a new 1/6 Batman Begins figure. Would love to have this version in my collection but I refuse to buy the old one with it's known issues, let alone spend more money on it than a new one would cost.

I purchased a pair of the "Demon Batman" boots to replace the broken ones. They're identical and don't suffer from the same weak plastic... cost me $100, but it was worth it.

My DX02 worked out as a nice parts figure for this guy (boots), and then the stand and backpack for a loose Armory bats.

The actual DX02 figure has become a "how long will it last" experiment. Last i checked about a year ago it was holding up nicely.

This was my second HT figure and still one of my favorites.
I don't dislike the cowl out of the box, I think it is a good representation of the character.
The many custom cowls I've seen are in my opinion inferior or equal to the HT one, not better.

One mod really needs to be done though; shortening the neck (see here).
I left two little thin tabs for the cape clips when cutting the bottom of the cowl and I made the front of the neck slightly pointy.
I still need to grind the neck post thinner in order to get more space between it and the cowl for the cape, it will make the whole thing seat better.
I fixed the boots, varnished the gauntlets and repositioned the crotch area so it looks like there's something in there.
Very happy with this guy!

I just got this second-handed for a decent price, and I did pretty much the exact same mods as yours, I'm pretty happy with it right now. Though I'm still looking forward for Ben Choi and Tony Mei to possibly offer another run of their custom cowl and cape so I can upgrade it further.

5DWDCXF.jpg
Z1U7hVQ.jpg
t9YshAr.jpg
aX44Aq0.jpg
AFsiMjv.jpg
ttk67fh.jpg

I just got this second-handed for a decent price, and I did pretty much the exact same mods as yours, I'm pretty happy with it right now. Though I'm still looking forward for Ben Choi and Tony Mei to possibly offer another run of their custom cowl and cape so I can upgrade it further.

Looking great! :clap

Hi guys, can anyone confirm if the MMS 155 head will fit the body of the MMS 013, the very first HT Batman Begins? Thank you in advance!

Hi guys, can anyone confirm if the MMS 155 head will fit the body of the MMS 013, the very first HT Batman Begins? Thank you in advance!

Got a good deal for the MMS 155 head and I feel like I have an entirely new figure that’s been brought up to the expected HT “standard.” It’s like night and day in person, though I must admit that a close up photo of the old MMS 013 head made it look better than it does:
7152C24D-D9B7-4D4B-8B05-8399666F0BF0.jpg57DF3BF7-B720-4DE8-9EA4-C4AA75320385.jpg

what do you use to clean this figure? is there wipes or anything I could use to remove those finger prints or dust off?

Back