New Code of Conduct

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh boy, I can see some that will hate this but the silly banter does get tiresome.

As for 'Thread Drifting/Steering -Please keep discussions on topic' I'd like to say it was nice knowing Brainiac and Dark Angel. :1-1: :wave :lol
They might have "derailed" some threads at times, but that's only if you can call a little chit-chat based on good faith as "derailing". Compare that to some of the more nonsensical banter we've gotten in other threads and I don't think they deserve to get called out like that.

:dunno So really I don't see what warranted that even if it's in jest towards the two (at the very least it was certainly in bad taste).

Brainiac and Dark Angel have nothing to worry about, it seems there are bigger problems in this forum :lol luckily I never felt the need to go into a thread just to talk about how much I hate something.

This seems to be the biggest problem I notice as well.

I have no problem keeping on topic. I'll just move stuff to PM or somewhere else so it doesn't inhibit the thread.

What did we do? :dunno

I was joking with you two, you guys are great, but apparently that joke sailed over everyone's head.

Asian-Facepalm-Of-Shame.gif

They might have "derailed" some threads at times, but that's only if you can call a little chit-chat based on good faith as "derailing". Compare that to some of the more nonsensical banter we've gotten in other threads and I don't think they deserve to get called out like that.

:dunno So really I don't see what warranted that even if it's in jest towards the two (at the very least it was certainly in bad taste).

It was in jest, and you don't need to see it.

Well my bad. Still, while poking fun at the two isn't necessarily bad, considering the thread topic itself and what was being discussed it was in pretty poor taste man. :thwak

So no negative posts are allowed what so ever?

There was justified critisism of the new MK42 Bust production pictures.
Everything had just been deleted.

Compared to what was offered at pre-order, prototype, that thing looks awful.

It doesn't say you can't negativly critique. It says don't just slam stuff just to slam it. It you see a real issue then fine.

IE- I don't think the new X figure looks anything like the proto. It's nose/eye ect are off.

Instead of "i think it's crap". What exactly does that mean? If someone did want to fix anything (maybe in the future) how does that "crap" statement actually help in any meaningful way........

It's no where to be found in the code, yet it's enforced in the forum ie - the SS Mk 42 bust thread. Hence the initial question which still has gone unanswered by an admin/mod.

This looks like a case of the pendulum swinging too far in the other direction.

This looks like a case of the pendulum swinging too far in the other direction.
Dave commented on that thread and reinstated some deleted comments.

He made it clear that constructive critisism is fine. Explain/highlight any issues you have with said product.
Simply saying 'That's crap' or similar will get your post removed.

I was joking with you two, you guys are great, but apparently that joke sailed over everyone's head.

Asian-Facepalm-Of-Shame.gif

Well my bad. Still, while poking fun at the two isn't necessarily bad, considering the thread topic itself and what was being discussed it was in pretty poor taste man. :thwak

Gifs can be useful - he posted the gifs to show he was kidding - and that's how the mods would take it. Nothing against Yankee or the guys he mentions. We're not going to become the puritan club where kidding around isn't allowed. We're just going to be less tolerant of those that are consistently negative and posting like somebody killed their puppy.

I agree going OFF TOPIC for pages is dumb- but alot of the FUN in these forums is going off on funny tangents and people post some genuine FUNNY stuff that makes me laugh outloud..
The great thing about the forums is the free-for-all nature of the discussions- arguments or otherwise.
People have "insulted" me several times but I don't take it personally- they don't know me- I don't care- it's the internet. CERTAIN guys(you know who you are) love and relish to troll forums and bash any new fan or purchaser of a certain director's character and that got way out of hand..however it's the nature of the game(I thought).
I will miss the old ways...all because somebody got their undergarmets in a bind over SS Green Lantern

Gifs can be useful - he posted the gifs to show he was kidding - and that's how the mods would take it. Nothing against Yankee or the guys he mentions. We're not going to become the puritan club where kidding around isn't allowed. We're just going to be less tolerant of those that are consistently negative and posting like somebody killed their puppy.

I think I'm going to remember the moment I read this from Dave for the rest of my life! :yess:

In fact, I may print this out, frame it and hang it on my wall above my dollies. :lol :rock

Back