Indy 5 on the way?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to see Indy 5 be shot completely in the trees. Everywhere they go, they have to swing. Maybe Mutt could be replaced by a Chimp or something, and only Indy can understand him.

Maybe they could have Indy and Mutt/Chimp run into a real life Tarzan and Jane, who are really aliens, and have crystal eyes.

Your making a joke but its scary close to the Monkey King script. With everything they used in CS from Saucer Men's script, it's likely they would in fact borrow ideas from the MK script for an Indy 5 rather then start entirely from scratch which Lucas can't do anyway.

Not to mention to top Indy surviving a nuke, they'd pretty much have to kill him and bring him back to life, again like in Monkey King.

Read that script, realise its probably what Indy 5 would be, and I assure you guys, you'll all change your minds about wanting another.

Your making a joke but its scary close to the Monkey King script. With everything they used in CS from Saucer Men's script, it's likely they would in fact borrow ideas from the MK script for an Indy 5 rather then start entirely from scratch which Lucas can't do anyway.

Not to mention to top Indy surviving a nuke, they'd pretty much have to kill him and bring him back to life, again like in Monkey King.

Read that script, realise its probably what Indy 5 would be, and I assure you guys, you'll all change your minds about wanting another.

ChickenLittleMP.jpg

I don't care if it gets made, I'm not saying its going to ruin my love for Raiders, it will just be unfortunate to remember him like that just to whore him out though. Why do you feel so greedy that you need to risk hurting the reputation more with another movie. 2 incredible and 2 mediocre films aren't good enough, with all the games and books out there too? How many more bad films does Lucas have to make b4 some people accept hes lost it?

Chris Reeves was Superman but alot of times we remember him as the guy in the wheelchair that use to be Superman. Its ironic and sad. Its better to burn out then to fade away.

I don't care if it gets made, I'm not saying its going to ruin my love for Raiders, it will just be unfortunate to remember him like that just to whore him out though. Why do you feel so greedy that you need to risk hurting the reputation more with another movie.

Meh. Call it being a greedy whore if you want. I think that's a little misplaced and shortsighted. Why begrudge the man a chance to play his most iconic and beloved character again? He doesn't need any more money or to solidify his rep as a movie or action star, Ford's doing it because he loves playing Indy. Who wouldn't? So far a quality, yes they should do better than last time but if it's crap... no big deal. :huh

Wasn't there a reason that script never came to life because Steve and Harrison said no? If that is truly the case they can say no again.

Man, some of y'all act like another Indy movie could potentially end the world as we know it. Just pretend it doesn't exist.

Wasn't there a reason that script never came to life because Steve and Harrison said no? If that is truly the case they can say no again.

They also said no to Saucer men and look how much of that script made it into Crystal Skull.

Harrisons great but he hasn't been making the same sort of movies he use to. Hollywood Homicide, Firewall, and K-19 were flops.

Before that he did 3 more or less love movies. He's not the great action hero he use to be. And he's not picking great scripts. And Steve has clearly changed his style and doesn't know how to show restraint to achieve the feelings of the older action flicks of the 80s.

Meh. Call it being a greedy whore if you want. I think that's a little misplaced and shortsighted. Why begrudge the man a chance to play his most iconic and beloved character again? He doesn't need any more money or to solidify his rep as a movie or action star, Ford's doing it because he loves playing Indy. Who wouldn't? So far a quality, yes they should do better than last time but if it's crap... no big deal. :huh

:lecture:lecture:lecture It's not a matter of them wanting to whore out the character so much as potentially getting in one last good movie while Harrison's still capable. I think they know that without Harrison, there's no Indy, which I'm thankful for. Greedy would be asking them to replace him so that you can still have "good" Indy movies. Lucas could just focus on the Star Wars live-action TV show if he wanted to, but I'm stoked at the fact that he's putting pen to paper for a 5th Indy. After KOTCS, I think they know what went wrong and what went right. And while I may make pops about Indy's age, I have faith that this'll make up for the ridiculous aspects of the last as TLC did for TOD.

As for Reeves, it's really a shame you remember him as the cripple. Personally, I'll always remember him as Superman and was pleased somewhat to see that while the script sucked, Brandon nailed Superman and Clark. Not because he came at it with an original concept, but that he successfully played the role off of what Reeves had previously, and so successfully, bulls-eyed.

I take it your a Good Bad Ugly fan, would you like to see Clint Eastwood play the man with no name again with how old he is now? There comes a time to move on.

Some people just can't get past the great thing they were in there prime and regonize its time to move on.

As for Reeves, it's really a shame you remember him as the cripple. Personally, I'll always remember him as Superman and was pleased somewhat to see that while the script sucked, Brandon nailed Superman and Clark. Not because he came at it with an original concept, but that he successfully played the role off of what Reeves had previously, and so successfully, bulls-eyed.

I don't always, but if I see a South Park where he's sucking out stemcells and then flip on HBO and Superman is on, I'm going to see Chris a little differantly. People can pretend as much as they like that pop culture or other's opinions don't affect them but its bull^^^^. Unless you have no friends and sit in your house all day long you care what others think to some degree, and it can affect your own feelings on something.

And yea if your friends or girl friend is too judgemental they aren't worth it.

BUT there are limits.

If my friend tells me hes gay, fine. If he comes over in assless leather chaps to have tea with my mom, were through.

Last edited:
:lecture:lecture:lecture It's not a matter of them wanting to whore out the character so much as potentially getting in one last good movie while Harrison's still capable. I think they know that without Harrison, there's no Indy, which I'm thankful for. Greedy would be asking them to replace him so that you can still have "good" Indy movies. Lucas could just focus on the Star Wars live-action TV show if he wanted to, but I'm stoked at the fact that he's putting pen to paper for a 5th Indy. After KOTCS, I think they know what went wrong and what went right. And while I may make pops about Indy's age, I have faith that this'll make up for the ridiculous aspects of the last as TLC did for TOD.

What he said. :D

:lecture:lecture:lecture It's not a matter of them wanting to whore out the character so much as potentially getting in one last good movie while Harrison's still capable. I think they know that without Harrison, there's no Indy, which I'm thankful for.

Then why did they CGI his legs when hes running on the crates? In raiders they drag him behind a truck, he jumps off a horse onto the side of it, in this its all CGI BS. Or did Harrison actually go over 3 waterfalls in a kubelwagon?

And really do they? Is that why Mutt exists and is already there ready to take over. Hes like a vulture hovering above Ford waiting to pick dry the franchise.

Then why did they CGI his legs when hes running on the crates? In raiders they drag him behind a truck, he jumps off a horse onto the side of it, in this its all CGI BS. Or did Harrison actually go over 3 waterfalls in a kubelwagon?

And really do they? Is that why Mutt exists and is already there ready to take over. Hes like a vulture hovering above Ford waiting to pick dry the franchise.

You know, that wasn't really Harrison in the raft as it fell from the plane, or him in the mine cart, in TOD, nor even really actors in TLC in the plane/car tunnel scene either. :rolleyes: If they did CGI his legs for the crate scene, it was cleverly done as I didn't notice it. As for the waterfall, I'm not so sure, especially in hi-def, that a miniature would've worked better.

As for Mutt, you're wrong. He's not gonna suddenly change his name to Indiana Jones. That's the whole reason Indy takes the hat back at the end of KOTCS (I know most of us were gritting our teeth in disgust with the concept of Shia putting on the Fedora). Yes Shia is set inherit the franchise, but as Mutt, not Indy. So like it or not, you'll enjoy a "Mutt Williams and the ...." which I 100% guarantee is better than an "Indiana Jones and the..." on the marquee with Harrison replaced as Indy.

I sure hope so.

In any case, I doubt that would prevent either of us from seeing it. :lol

Last edited:
I take it your a Good Bad Ugly fan, would you like to see Clint Eastwood play the man with no name again with how old he is now?

Yes. It's called Unforgiven.

Old Conan, Old Mad Max, Old Snake Pliskin, hell yeah! Lots of good stories there dealing with mortality, loss of strength, Beowulf stuff, IF it's handled correctly.

An Indy 5 in Nepal fighting in the snow discovering Shangri-la and a still living Abner Ravenwood ala the film Lost Horizon could be great, so long as he doesn't fight an 8ft tall cgi Yeti.

Last edited:
Yes. It's called Unforgiven.

Old Conan, Old Mad Max, Old Snake Pliskin, hell yeah! Lots of good stories there dealing with mortality, loss of strength, Beowulf stuff, IF it's handled correctly.

An Indy 5 in Nepal fighting in the snow discovering Shangri-la and a still living Abner Ravenwood ala the film Lost Horizon could be great, so long as he doesn't fight an 8ft tall cgi Yeti.

:lecture:lecture:lecture Some roles work with replacements, some don't. Indy just don't. :lol

Same goes for Wolverine. When Hugh gets old, I'd rather see him play Old Man Logan than have Wolverine replaced with some other actor.

I'm ok with a recast of Indy too but for what purpose? Just to churn out more films? Is there really more story that needs to be told of him fighting in the 30s? Or fighting Nazis yet again for yet another magical artifact? Isn't twice enough?

If they were doing a tv series, fine. But didn't they already try that?

And I think Jackman is an awful Wolverine. Please recast!

I'm ok with a recast of Indy too but for what purpose? Just to churn out more films? Is there really more story that needs to be told of him fighting in the 30s? Or fighting Nazis yet again for yet another magical artifact? Isn't twice enough?

If they were doing a tv series, fine. But didn't they already try that?

And I think Jackman is an awful Wolverine. Please recast!

The entirety of this post makes me want to punch babies! :lol

I don't post here very often, but I do lurk around for info and to see pics of customs. After reading this thread, I feel like sharing my thoughts on a possible Indy 5. Thanks in advance for reading these ramblings.
I'm 38 years old. My introduction to Indiana Jones was through the storybook to Raiders. Standing in the bookstore at 10 years old, I stared at the picture on the cover and thought...that's Han Solo! On Earth! After begging my Mom to drive me to the theater to see this movie I knew almost nothing about, I had my mind blown. That guy that made that Jaws movie that scared me out of swimming in pools (never mind the beach a few miles from my house) had made Han Solo even cooler! When Temple of Doom came out, I knew next to nothing about the plot. It was scarier than Raiders, but Indy was still Indy. By the time Last Crusade came out, I was working as a projectionist at an AMC theater, and all I knew about the movie was what I saw in the trailers. I loved it. Skipping ahead to KOTCS, the last advance info I learned was the title, when Shia Lebwhatever announced it on TV, and the fact that Marion returns. I conscientiously avoided any internet news, spoilers, interviews, set pics, everything. Never saw a trailer. I wanted to walk into the theater with as clean a slate as possible. I didn't even see the poster until I had already bought my ticket. Guess what. I loved the movie. It was no more unbelievable than Anything Indy had done before. Aliens 'n' Commies in the paranoid 50's? Perfect fit. The inter-dimensional travelers were worshipped as GODS. How is that any different from the religious aspect in the other movies? Just because YOU don't worship a particular Deity, it doesn't mean it's invalid. Indy 5 + Satanism in the 60's = my sick fantasy! And I don't worship anybody!
Anyway, to wrap up the rest of my opinions, there can be no other Indy than Harrison Ford. People have mentioned other action heroes such as James Bond, Batman, Superman, etc. who have had multiple actors portraying them to varying degrees of success. These characters existed in novels or comic books before they were hoisted onto the silver screen. They were pictured in reader's minds before they were immortalized in serials, TV shows, cartoons and feature films. Indy didn't have a face until Harrison Ford whipped the gun out of his treacherous guide's hand at the beginning of Raiders. Period. Young Indy doesn't count in my factoring. They should never recast him. I look forward to Indy 5, as long as he is dragged into a situation he can't turn away from. The Reluctant Hero can be any age.

I don't post here very often, but I do lurk around for info and to see pics of customs. After reading this thread, I feel like sharing my thoughts on a possible Indy 5. Thanks in advance for reading these ramblings.
I'm 38 years old. My introduction to Indiana Jones was through the storybook to Raiders. Standing in the bookstore at 10 years old, I stared at the picture on the cover and thought...that's Han Solo! On Earth! After begging my Mom to drive me to the theater to see this movie I knew almost nothing about, I had my mind blown. That guy that made that Jaws movie that scared me out of swimming in pools (never mind the beach a few miles from my house) had made Han Solo even cooler! When Temple of Doom came out, I knew next to nothing about the plot. It was scarier than Raiders, but Indy was still Indy. By the time Last Crusade came out, I was working as a projectionist at an AMC theater, and all I knew about the movie was what I saw in the trailers. I loved it. Skipping ahead to KOTCS, the last advance info I learned was the title, when Shia Lebwhatever announced it on TV, and the fact that Marion returns. I conscientiously avoided any internet news, spoilers, interviews, set pics, everything. Never saw a trailer. I wanted to walk into the theater with as clean a slate as possible. I didn't even see the poster until I had already bought my ticket. Guess what. I loved the movie. It was no more unbelievable than Anything Indy had done before. Aliens 'n' Commies in the paranoid 50's? Perfect fit. The inter-dimensional travelers were worshipped as GODS. How is that any different from the religious aspect in the other movies? Just because YOU don't worship a particular Deity, it doesn't mean it's invalid. Indy 5 + Satanism in the 60's = my sick fantasy! And I don't worship anybody!
Anyway, to wrap up the rest of my opinions, there can be no other Indy than Harrison Ford. People have mentioned other action heroes such as James Bond, Batman, Superman, etc. who have had multiple actors portraying them to varying degrees of success. These characters existed in novels or comic books before they were hoisted onto the silver screen. They were pictured in reader's minds before they were immortalized in serials, TV shows, cartoons and feature films. Indy didn't have a face until Harrison Ford whipped the gun out of his treacherous guide's hand at the beginning of Raiders. Period. Young Indy doesn't count in my factoring. They should never recast him. I look forward to Indy 5, as long as he is dragged into a situation he can't turn away from. The Reluctant Hero can be any age.

I am reading this in amazement
It's like you are my Kindred spirit or something like that.
That's exactly what my experience was back in 1981, that's exactly how I felt when I saw KOTCS, and that is exactly why I feel Indy can not be played by another actor.
I have never been a projectionist though, that would have been really spooky

Back