Hot Toys–MMS142-TRON: Legacy:Sam Flynn Cycle Spec +pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This looks incredible (and if I wasn't selling my entire collection to pay for our cat's failing kidney treatment I would be GETTING this) - I'm really astounded though that they didn't inclide a set of lights at the back, with a translucent/frosted light beam to clip onto the bike at the back... even as an option.

That (for me anyway) would turn it into an *incredible* display piece.

This looks incredible (and if I wasn't selling my entire collection to pay for our cat's failing kidney treatment I would be GETTING this) - I'm really astounded though that they didn't inclide a set of lights at the back, with a translucent/frosted light beam to clip onto the bike at the back... even as an option.

That (for me anyway) would turn it into an *incredible* display piece.

Agreed, that might look cool. And a mains plug would be great so it could be left on for long periods.

I would feel better about purchasing this if I knew there was actual figure in the works.

I thought the costume looked cool and would make an amazing figure, lit up on the shelf. But if this is all we're getting ( and probably the orange bike with a different sculpt), I gotta think about it

I do hope HT makes a mention somewhere, sometime soon about their plans for this line. If they are planning to make more figs or not.

They did do it for Predators and Expendables, so it'd be cool of them to drop some info on this as well.

$250 :gah: but is still alot cheaper than the Akira bike. I'm go to PO this :cuckoo:

^^^ this is now the official one so the others will likely fade or get closed.

I think HT intend to make regular figures as well...at least I hope so. Their non-lightcycle helmets are different right? That's at least worth something.

I think HT intend to make regular figures as well...at least I hope so. Their non-lightcycle helmets are different right? That's at least worth something.

Yeah they are different I think. The Lightcycle helmet is more elongated in the back.

If HT makes regular figs, I see them making another Sam with perhaps a discbattle helmeted head. I also think there will be a handschulpt with disc sculpted into it so it can light up. I can't see it working with a loose disc. To small to have a light-up feature IMO.

So based on this, a regular Sam fig could have:

2 Headsculpts; one with, one without helmet

One loose disc without light-up function
One disc connected on an interchangeable hand with light-up function
Detacheable light-up disc to keep on back, depending on the pose.

I think these accessories would with most characters... Although Quorra could also have that lightsabre like sword...

Yeah they are different I think. The Lightcycle helmet is more elongated in the back.

If HT makes regular figs, I see them making another Sam with perhaps a discbattle helmeted head. I also think there will be a handschulpt with disc sculpted into it so it can light up. I can't see it working with a loose disc. To small to have a light-up feature IMO.

So based on this, a regular Sam fig could have:

2 Headsculpts; one with, one without helmet

One loose disc without light-up function
One disc connected on an interchangeable hand with light-up function
Detacheable light-up disc to keep on back, depending on the pose.

I think these accessories would with most characters... Although Quorra could also have that lightsabre like sword...

I was thinking along similar lines. If Hot Toys were to offer that I'd definitely be in for it.

I'm gonna have to pass on this one, looks amazing though. How would a light up suit work on a fully poseable figure?
Now... WHERE IS QUORRA?

Everything apart from the limited movement bit lol...but i guess they might release another ver for standalone. If they release it am interested in either Sam Flynn younger in Tron and Clu or Sam Flynn older and Clu 2. Can't afford all of them so gotta chooose !!!

they had to do limited movement to get it to fit as part of the bike in teh right pose without forcing the figure. Also to get the lights in probably. Defnitely worth losing the ability to take the figure off, to get one that looks this good.

they had to do limited movement to get it to fit as part of the bike in teh right pose without forcing the figure. Also to get the lights in probably. Defnitely worth losing the ability to take the figure off, to get one that looks this good.

My thoughts exactly.

Good to see Wookster doing the High Res preview again :hi5:

This image suggest that the figure is removable.

77170_461672107343_58690437343_5968438_7218082_n-1.jpg

I would buy this, ditch the plastic figure and pick up a true 1/6 figure ( despite not being compatible) If that was an option. I'd rather display it without a driver and pose the figure like he's taking off his helmet or something.

I just wish I knew what Hot Toys was planning :gah: :panic:

Back