Fertility Idol prop replica--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Fertility Idol prop replica!

2319089127_a1fb429618_b.jpg

idol.png

I just noticed that the mouth is different than yours. What gives?

I just noticed that the mouth is different than yours. What gives?

His is more accurate, its complicated, but there were basically a few idols, the one on the pedastal which has realistic looking fake eyes, the one that Belloq holds upto the Hovitos which is all gold like his and mine, and the 3rd was rubber for stunts like throwing it across the chasm to Satipo.

The idols in Lucas Archives were dropped and broken. THey needed to be repaired and inaccuracies came from that repair. Yet they are the "offical Lucas ones" so companies still use them for referance and end up with a non screen accurate product.

Sideshow's is inaccurate because it should have the real looking eyes if their giving it that style mouth corners. The version sideshow is doing also was not real gold in the movie, and the head seperated and opened to allow access to the eyes.

The all gold version that they are trying to do here, should have a hair line, and rounded mouth corners. It is also vaccumetalized not gold plated, so this technically has 3-4 major inaccuracies to it.

Well, it sounds like it's kind of an amalgamation of all the different idols, then. Works for me! Now let's talk price...

Well, it sounds like it's kind of an amalgamation of all the different idols, then. Works for me! Now let's talk price...

Again, at least $400 IMO. Polystone base is just as big if not bigger then the one which came with Belloq and that was like $120 right?

Then the idol, if thats polystone, then at least another $150, plus depending what kind of gold and process is used to apply it to the idol. I'm thinking $399 at the least, and not worth over $599. But I dont think you can plate polystone?

BTW this babys not haning out on any detolf, that idols going to be HEAVY.

This looks nice, but it will be overpriced. I will get one if I can do it cheaply.

Again, at least $400 IMO. Polystone base is just as big if not bigger then the one which came with Belloq and that was like $120 right?

Then the idol, if thats polystone, then at least another $150, plus depending what kind of gold and process is used to apply it to the idol. I'm thinking $399 at the least, and not worth over $599. But I dont think you can plate polystone?

BTW this babys not haning out on any detolf, that idols going to be HEAVY.

I'd like to see something more in the $300-$350 range, but $400 might be okay...IF the final product looks as good as what we see in that picture.

$600 is too much for me.

I got a couple fan made ones already, i think the base is gonna up the price on this a bit too much sadly, im betting 350-400 (too much $)

Hmm, I just don't know how I feel about this. I'm assuming this is the start of a new line? I like the fertility idol (it's what I most associate Indy with), but how many fertility idols do I need? I've already got the version with the GG crate, the 1:6 Indy, the PF and the Diamond Select bank. I guess I'll wait on price before making a decision.

I'm really not a big fan of props, but if we could be sure we'd get the Sankara Stones, Grail and the Skull, then I'd bite for sure.

I was kind of hoping we'd see a dio or a 1:1 bust, rather than this. I'm assuming that KOTCS Indy and the idol are all Sideshow will have on display at SDCC?

I was kind of hoping we'd see a dio or a 1:1 bust, rather than this. I'm assuming that KOTCS Indy and the idol are all Sideshow will have on display at SDCC?

And the protos for Henry and German Indy probably.

And the protos for Henry and German Indy probably.

Yeah, I forgot about those. I was thinking in terms of new product. I was hoping for a new 1:6. It would have been perfect to bring out Shorty to start the ToD line.

Hey Choopie... there is a guy over on the Indygear forum who lives in Malta.. he makes gorgeous and very accurate replicas of the grail cup.. plus they are actually made from clay as well... better than anything mass produced... if you are seriously seeking a grail replica, I'd suggest that route.. I only paid around 90 bucks for mine..

Hey Choopie... there is a guy over on the Indygear forum who lives in Malta.. he makes gorgeous and very accurate replicas of the grail cup.. plus they are actually made from clay as well... better than anything mass produced... if you are seriously seeking a grail replica, I'd suggest that route.. I only paid around 90 bucks for mine..

Thanks for the info.! I'll check it out. :)

I am very excited about this but with a cautious eye towards $. Is this something that will be coming to a pre-order during SDCC?

I think he means Icons, Master Replicas and the Noble Collection. Only the Icons and MR never made it past the prototype stage. The Noble was released but was a fair disappointment to die-hard fans.

Overall the Idol looks nice but once again, Sideshow is lacking in the proper details. The real fans will know exactly with one quick glance what I'm talking about and all the rest of the casual fans will probably eat this one up and love it to death.

Do you guys think this will really get into the $400-$500 range? Jesus...

Here's my 'correct' Idol. Fan-made, of course.

Obsessive compulsive fans will know the difference and relate to your comments. Real fans won't likely care what you're talking about and will be glad to have this piece in their collection IF they can afford it (regardless of incarnation or company). Casual fans will cherry pick their favorite collectibles.

Fisher is an example you should strive for. He's a great fountain of knowledge, and doesn't belittle Indy fans with arrogant posts because they may like something that's not screen accurate.

Hey guys! it's late and I need to get to bed but I wanted to drop by to tell you that the price point for this swell piece iiiiiiiiis.......190$

I didn't have time to ask what the deal was with the price but yup 190$ which seems really odd to me unless this thing is hollow or something. I'll find out more tomorrow.

Back