What's the general consensus of the xmen movies?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While those are valid points according to early reports that the sequel will still have Charles and Erik be friends, almost "frenemies" if I can borrow that term. In the original films Erik and Charles had a kind of banter that indicated if Magneto acted then Charles would act, that kind of relationship is supposed to be continued here.

For Cerebro what has been said is that Cerebro in FC is 1.0 and that Charles will improve it to become what it is how Erik plays into that who knows.

For Magneto's helmet, it looks completely different. Who knows if Magneto loses it or has it taken by the X-Men only to have a new version built by X1. If you look at it as a helmet and not THE helmet that simply stick with him, that line still works.

Beast was a goof that even Singer admitted he wanted to do as a Easter Egg in 1 and didn't think he'd use the character. Who knows though what they'll do. Beast was constantly "defurred" in the comics for various reasons even further mutated. Those options are still on the table if the writers are savvy enough.

While those are valid points according to early reports that the sequel will still have Charles and Erik be friends, almost "frenemies" if I can borrow that term.

This could work very well, just have Erik make his position known that he won't be as forgiving as Charles but not so far gone that he is a genocidal extremist yet.

Personally i'd like the thing that pushes Erik over that edge to be the murder of his girlfriend (mother to Pietro and Wanda) murdered by Mutant hating humans. seeing that unfold would be so epic.

While those are valid points according to early reports that the sequel will still have Charles and Erik be friends, almost "frenemies" if I can borrow that term. In the original films Erik and Charles had a kind of banter that indicated if Magneto acted then Charles would act, that kind of relationship is supposed to be continued here.

For Cerebro what has been said is that Cerebro in FC is 1.0 and that Charles will improve it to become what it is how Erik plays into that who knows.

For Magneto's helmet, it looks completely different. Who knows if Magneto loses it or has it taken by the X-Men only to have a new version built by X1. If you look at it as a helmet and not THE helmet that simply stick with him, that line still works.

Beast was a goof that even Singer admitted he wanted to do as a Easter Egg in 1 and didn't think he'd use the character. Who knows though what they'll do. Beast was constantly "defurred" in the comics for various reasons even further mutated. Those options are still on the table if the writers are savvy enough.

How about just ignoring Singers X-Men and making another great film.

That would be the ideal but that'd be up to 20th Century Fox brass and I don't see them telling Singer no as long as he is involved in some capacity.

All X-Men Movies > Daredevil, Fantastic Four 1&2, Spiderman 3,
Green Lantern, Batman Forever, Batman Begins....

I'm sure there's more...

I remember being so hyped to go see Origins because our neighbors saw it opening night and said it was the best comic film they had ever seen.

Then when we went and saw that pile of .... I had to remember that our neighbors had never read a comic before :rotfl

So, I guess theres probably points liked about all the movies, just true fans of the comics I think generally see them in the same typical order of how good they are with X3 and Origins being abominations.

To me First Class is a great film, not just a great comic film. One of a handful I give a 10/10. I know that comic films take liberties and I thought the ones they made were well done. As far as I'm concerned it dropped all the previous ones down a notch and made them obsolete.

X1 4/10
X2 5/10
X3 3/10
X:O 4/10

I really liked X2. For me it's the best of the bunch. After that, I'd have to go with First Class, then X1.

The rest of em could be flushed down the toilet for all I care.

I think X2 is the best film representation of the X-Men yet (and my favorite of the series), though First Class is the most well made film, if that makes sense. X1 comes third, then a huge gap, then Wolvie: Origins and X3. I only saw X3 all the way through once at the theaters, and really have no desire to watch it through again. It flat out stunk.

I would agree with that. I liked X3 only cause of Juggernaut.

For the most part I think the Marvel movies have been average. With the best being:

Spiderman 2
Iron Man
X2

And maybe Thor.

The rest. Average to bad.

I never was a fan of those X-Men films. First Class is my favorite even though they completely changed the stories of the characters.

What I wanna see is a film where X-Men fight big ass sentinels and all the main villains for about two hours. Give me the same vibe the 90's animated series had. It could be all CGI I don't care. Actually I think it'd be the best solution to get as close to the comics as possible

See, if they do the "frenemies" relationship in the next F.C movie, then it will still not make sense. From what I get from X-1 and X-2 is that the reason they are "frenemies" is because of a longer relationship prior. A relation that had build up over time which is why they still have respect for each other even after the become enemies. Example, Charles visiting Erik in the plastic cell. Sorry, but I was hoping for something more with them that would have made "the break up" more than what it was.

I know the helmet physically may/is not the same in X-1 and X-2. The point was that Charles knew that A helmet was made to block his telepathy and he saw Erik wear A helmet that he couldn't penetrate through. So to say later on that "But he seems to have found some way.." No duh, he found that way back on the beach in 1962.

Cerebro and Beast thing, fine I'll let that be. Hopefully your theory will be shown in future film which I can accept.

Also what bugs me a bit is Charles age. Though i know it was never revealed in FC how old is Charles and Erik, Charles looks like he is in his twenty's already with Erik maybe a bit older. But in X-1, Charles clearly states that he meet Erik when he was 17. I know he could of been 17 in FC but little things like that bugs me since these are all good movies.

I feel FC should of just been a clean slate without involving any of the other movies.

I liked the X Men films with x2 by far the best. A close second was First Class with the other films on par with most Marvel films with a few exceptions (SM2, IM, Thor and CA).

X-men first class was the best for me. X-Men 1 and 2 are alright. Spider man 2 was not bad but they made spider man 3 kind of crappy because they destroyed venom and made him a pansy.

I think they were all pretty bad honestly. X1 was decent for its time, but felt the characters were too different from the source material. It only got worse from there. X2 was bland, X3 was a mess but at least had a team of X-Men actually do something as a team, W:O was fun but not very good and I haven't seen First Class.

Too much emphasis on the 'coming to terms with one's self' stuff and not nearly enough X-Men as a team doing stuff. To me it had the same problems as the first Hulk movie, it tried to take it self more seriously then it needed to.

1: awesome
2: awesome
3: sucked
4: good

But Hugh Jackman plays a terrible Wolverine. He's nothing like the comic book character. He's too tall and not muscular enough. They got that guy jacked up for the Captain America movie, Christian Bale for Batman. Add 40 pounds of solid muscle to Jackman and I'd be ok with it.

Loved most of one, all of two, none of three, some of Origins, and most of First Class.

I think X2 is the best film representation of the X-Men yet (and my favorite of the series), though First Class is the most well made film, if that makes sense. X1 comes third, then a huge gap, then Wolvie: Origins and X3. I only saw X3 all the way through once at the theaters, and really have no desire to watch it through again. It flat out stunk.

:exactly:
How dare you sum up my feelings about the X-Men movies so perfectly.

Back