1/6 Star wars 1/6 SDCC 2019 Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And no, I didn't get Sideshow's last Star Wars foray -- Jabba!

I think an HT Jabba is even more likely now.
I was joking about Jabba - I’m quite aware you didn’t buy him [emoji6]
...but personally I am not going to wait 6-10 years for a potential HT Jabba (...a rubber Jabba that will be cracking five years later) when there’s already a great one available. [emoji2368]

I can't agree more, I've found all Sideshow releases very lacking in quality including their new Jabba, I have the first version and actually prefer it over Mr. Potato Head. Whenever Sideshow teased a new Star Wars figure it would be annoying because that meant Hot Toys wouldn't make it in a long while. The only exception to this was ROTJ Luke that had supposedly been ready years before and the new Yoda that I don't know what was going through Sideshows' head when they decided to launch that thing. We can also thank Sideshow for the recent price hike in figures, where they charge more than Hot Toys for a barebones figure with inferior quality.

you clearly don’t know what you’re missing regarding “Mr. Potatohead”! And your wallet don’t want you to know [emoji6]
I have old Jabba as well and there’s absolutely no comparison. What you have there is a inflated Kenner version compared [emoji6]

I have old Jabba as well and there’s absolutely no comparison.

:lecture

Original Jabba was good in its day, but he was too small for a start.

Seeing them together there's really no comparison. The new one has the sculpt, paint and scale to be a commanding presence and centre piece for a display.

I like the old one for what it is, and will keep him to represent a younger Jabba as the centre piece for figures from Solo.

The only real disappointment this year was not seeing Bespin Han and Lando. I'm satisfied with everything else. They can keep that Kit Fisto though, give me Aayla Secura instead.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I’m hoping that there is more to come -either here or at the next one (I forgot the name-amni-com?)
Was really hoping for something major
Don’t get me wrong
Bespin 2.0 is nice but it is a 2.0.
Jawas and power droid looks cool but not exactly flooring
Padme looks like it needs work
Droids look cool but I can’t see me changing my r5. And the r4 is in the worse colours
Jango etc aren’t new - but hopefully up for order soon

Still dreaming of a Death Star trooper. Sigh

And lobot.

Kit seems a really random choice as well.

Maybe others are getting characters they love so .....

Yeah that’s very telling. I’ve got to believe at this point SS is all distribution. Probably got the green light to finish the Boba Fett Mythos figure since it was already up for preorder and we’ll into production. And canceled Lando Skiff because it hadn’t went to preorder.
And no new PF statues
SS is finished with Star Wars in my opinion.

I am absolutely gutted I won't get that Skiff Guard Lando. That was one of my most desired figures (more so than Bespin tbh).

I have no idea if Hot Toys will ever make it. And if they did, it would probably never see release :(

If anyone has any requests of a certain figure, statue or a shot from a different angle lemme know. I'll be in SD all weekend. I'll do my best.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

I'd love some closeups of BD Mark 85 and Yon Rogg please!

The only real disappointment this year was not seeing Bespin Han and Lando. I'm satisfied with everything else. They can keep that Kit Fisto though, give me Aayla Secura instead.

Don’t collect PT in general but Aayla Secura would be awesome and a definite consideration.

Kind of surprised they didn’t drop another trailer for episode 9 at sdcc. Seems like a good place to get eyeballs. On the plus side, Carl weathers is in the mandalorian. An Apollo creed hot toys Star Wars figure would be sweet.

If they preorder Leia, Wicket, and Death Star Trooper soon I would be fine with the poor showing at the Con.

I'm disappointed that Han and Lando were not shown. I'm sure a lot of folks are.

Kind of surprised they didn’t drop another trailer for episode 9 at sdcc. Seems like a good place to get eyeballs. On the plus side, Carl weathers is in the mandalorian. An Apollo creed hot toys Star Wars figure would be sweet.

They made it clear there wouldn’t be an episode 9 presence at SDCC. D23 is coming up and whatever so that’ll likely be the next big thing. I mean... they could’ve done something but the Sith Trooper Is better than nothing considering they were adamant about no IX being at SDCC

In the light of current overt dissapointments, at least I prefer to think we have a Director Krennic, a Grand Moff Tarkin and a nearly complete collection of Sith, even a godamn 20 second on screen Darth Maul with mechanical legs from a disastrously bombed film was put to PO :lol.

While look at our neighbor Marvel, except for Thanos, obviously the most iconic antagonist in entire saga that being made, Marvel collectors technically were screaming for Hot Toys villians...no Black Order members, no Cable, no Mysterio, no Yellow Jacket, no Vulture, basically nothing... and that really does put a smile on my face :).

That's a good point. Star Wars gets villains. I feel sorry for the Marvel collectors... the coolest villains in the MCU don't get a figure, but the lamest ones do such as Mandarin and Electro.

Anyone else wonder why Bespin Leia was not at the con? (I'm assuming she wasn't, didn't see any pics of her). While I know she's already up for preorder, it seems that HT would want to show the figure off more so that it would lead to more exposure and more preorders.
I wonder if they had an intention of doing a Bespin theme section of display and decided not to. Although they did show Luke Bespin 2.0 so not sure why they wouldn't show her as well. Maybe they left Bespin Han, Leia, and Lando back home on accident. Lol

Jesus... I thought at least there would be a temporary break from Endgame so Hot Toys might have time to clear off the backlogs, and somehow focus working on SW for awhile...but no, Marvel hype train is keep going on full speed ahead :banghead=.
67403250_371290596865366_1688264151278813184_o.jpg

Jesus... I thought at least there would be a temporary break from Endgame so Hot Toys might have time to clear off the backlogs, and somehow focus working on SW for awhile...but no, Marvel hype train is keep going on full speed ahead :banghead=.
View attachment 461821

I’m excited for all of those too but from a toy stand-point, there’s not many characters outside of Taskmaster that I’d be interested in. Everybody who was in the previous phases already has a “definitive” figure to me.

View attachment 461821

Only movies I care to even see are Black Widow and GOTG 3. No plans to buy any Marvel figures post Endgame.

Oh man. What If? Imagine the stuff out of that ��������

Honestly, this should be Star Wars. Lack of creativity puts SW right where it is.

Honestly, this should be Star Wars. Lack of creativity puts SW right where it is.

No, Star Wars should've been left alone. I'd be in shock if I found out there would be six SW movies in the space of two years.

Back