Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So i found myself watching batman returns on blu ray last night. The blu ray transfer was really well done and by God, did Catwoman look sexy as hell in high definition! Watching the film now, as an adult, i also picked up the sexual references in her dialogue, which I found quite amusing. Overall i really enjoyed the film, maybe not as much as the original 89 keaton/nicholson, but it was everything you would want from a sequel (More gadgets/vechiles/two villains/bigger budget)
Anyway I have the Kumik catwoman which is suprisingly good, and after seeing Devtios penguin, I am positive that making a catwoman and penguin hot toys, fans would go mad for them! Penguin DX could come with two outfits, his dirty soiled undergarments, and his electorial major costume with top hat, and fur coat. It could come with two headsculpts, both with moving eyes and one with his monecule. With tonnes of umbrella props to choose from (the swirling hypnotic pattern and baby pram design come to mind), chuck in a rocket ladened penguin and BOSH, you got yourself an awesome DX devito penguin. Come on Hot Toys, you know it makes sense (and lots of profit!)

I think we'll see something this year... just not a release. As far as releases go for Batman licenses I think Adam West/Burt Ward and the Armory will be all we'll get from HT this year.

+ theres all those comic book figures coming out Sideshow.

All the Sideshow ones suck so far, the reviews all say the joints are loose as hell. I want what they showed in their initial video back in 2011, with the golden age and modern age designs of Bats and Supes.

So i skipped the 89 one in favour of getting the Returns version.

Dr.-Who.gif

Howard admitted he gets licenses to sit on them so no-one else can make product. Batman Returns will happen, I wish soon because the later they leave it, the less likely it is we'll have it by Xmas.

Let's close this thread temporarily until SDCC 2014 and reopen with an improved billboard pic saying "Batman Returns Coming Soon" :thud:

The details seem too crisp to be 1:6.
If Hot Toys' version actually turns out similar to that, there's no way I won't be getting one.

Doesn't even look like a figure.

Definitely a custom, the eyes aren't even painted straight.

Whatever that is, it has a beautiful cape.

View attachment 91723

Someone posted this picture on the 1/6 FB group. Is it what I think it is!?

google image search is your friend....

https://www.icollector.com/Michael-...tume-and-display-from-Batman-Returns_i8632767

All the Sideshow ones suck so far, the reviews all say the joints are loose as hell. I want what they showed in their initial video back in 2011, with the golden age and modern age designs of Bats and Supes.

Have you actually seen anyone say anything like that? Check the Joker and Harley threads before making such a statement, umkay?

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_031414a.htm

I really, really wanted to love everything about this figure, but the underlying body killed much of my enthusiasm.

She has the same problem as many other Sideshow figures - loose joints. The elbows and knees were annoying, but in reality weren't the worst we've seen and are actually workable. If they were the only problem, I would have gone up another star here.

Sometimes, hands are too hard to swap. You risk breaking a peg every time, and it hinders your enthusiasm when it comes to changing things up.

That's no the case here - the hands swap easily. Way too easily. They fall off if you look at them sideways, and because the cuffs are not attached, they drop off as well. Trying to get her to hold accessories, like the mallet, drove me crazy, with one had falling off, then the other, then the mallet slipping out, then another hand dropping off....AAAAGGGGHHHH!

Joker had the same issues Dave. I want to like the figures but for the money SS are charging, this is unacceptable.

We've had a Keaton from Hot Toys, Ace, Neca.......seriously, would someone make a damn Catwoman already!

Back