New Hot Toys Captain America USO/Rescue version?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:exactly::lecture The bomber jacket and helmet should easily go over the USO suit.

It's not as simple as that, you've got at least one more HS, two if you want an unmasked portrait, different gloves, belts and bandolier, combat trousers, then knee length gaiters/chaps then new boots. I wouldn't want to be putting those gaiters on and off over the USO uniform. In fact the only pieces this would have in common as a figure would be the USO top and the shield. Makes sense that it'd be two different figures. Plus, as Howard says, likely to be greater demand for the WWII outfit.

And yes HT are in this to make money, that's how companies survive. I don't think making separate USO/rescue mission Cap's is an unreasonable move.

The USO version on its own wouldn't make a very good figure, would look way to cheesy

If they go with a screen accurate USO version it would be awful. I think they intentionally made it look goofy so the soldier suit would look better. If they did an 'optimized' headsculpt with the mask, it will sell much better.
The rescue version is awesome but I wonder if it will be battle damaged or new looking since the other two are both pristine.

I would gladly buy a DX of this figure too.

Don't count on it, it looks like there next few dx will be robocop, rocky and more star wars, which imo would be much more deserving then this version of cap which is essential his "becoming captain america" attire, the equivalent of Peters wrestling suit in spiderman 1.

Robocop would be a waste of a dx.. He wears a mask over his face, PERS would be useless

Been in this thread so many times and I still dont know what the USO stands for, title should be changed to Golden Age/Rescue version :wink1:

Personally I'm more interested in the rescue version as I feel the Avengers versions caters for those wanting the classic Captain America look but the initial idea of doing a 2 in 1 would of been awesome, shame Hot Toys have decided against that :(

Been in this thread so many times and I still dont know what the USO stands for, title should be changed to Golden Age/Rescue version :wink1:

Personally I'm more interested in the rescue version as I feel the Avengers versions caters for those wanting the classic Captain America look but the initial idea of doing a 2 in 1 would of been awesome, shame Hot Toys have decided against that :(

Well take comfort it that we will not have to spend $300 just to get the one figure most people want.

Robocop would be a waste of a dx.. He wears a mask over his face, PERS would be useless

PeterWeller.jpg

Robocop_revenge.jpg

collage_lb_image_page23_0_1.jpg

peter-weller-robocop001-285x280.jpg

1dde56a394661e528d771a35958b8090-orig.jpg

7080601595_b8a548fe60.jpg

peter_weller_robocop.jpg

tumblr_leimsh3O7U1qe0eclo1_r1_500.gif

I still dont know what the USO stands for,
Ukelele Society of Omaha

. . . and Hot Toys better include one in the set.

138px-Ukulele1_HiRes.jpg

____

Last edited:
Still a waste of a DX! ... Cap would suit much better as a DX.. Won't happen but would make much more sense... Or a tony stark, with suit, raciing suit, and black sabath t shirt and jeans.... Aww wishful thinking

Cap would suit much better as a DX..
Or a tony stark, with suit, raciing suit, and black sabath t shirt and jeans....

Yes and YES! :clap
Not to get OT but the Tony would be freaking awesome! Then I'd like a Pepper in the short shorts to go with him please.

Last edited:
PeterWeller.jpg

Robocop_revenge.jpg

collage_lb_image_page23_0_1.jpg

peter-weller-robocop001-285x280.jpg

1dde56a394661e528d771a35958b8090-orig.jpg

7080601595_b8a548fe60.jpg

peter_weller_robocop.jpg

tumblr_leimsh3O7U1qe0eclo1_r1_500.gif

Ukelele Society of Omaha

. . . and Hot Toys better include one in the set.

138px-Ukulele1_HiRes.jpg

____

At the end of the day, that is an alternate look of the character and I'd imagine few would display him like that unless they had more then one or if it were a full battle damage version, I'd have the same issue with an unmasked Spiderman sculpt getting pers or an Ironman/Tony Stark.

So, what are we looking at here for release dates/avenues? I take it the USO "comic" costume is going to a convention exclusive, does that mean SDCC? Then the Rescue costume is a standard release, so Q4 or early 2013 Q1? I'm really looking forward to that Chris Evans HS on the Rescue version. I hope the extra time on it means it will come out extremely accurate.

So, what are we looking at here for release dates/avenues? I take it the USO "comic" costume is going to a convention exclusive, does that mean SDCC? Then the Rescue costume is a standard release, so Q4 or early 2013 Q1? I'm really looking forward to that Chris Evans HS on the Rescue version. I hope the extra time on it means it will come out extremely accurate.

I suspect either Golden Age or Resuce version will be one of the SDCC exclusives, whichever of the two misses out I doubt will ever see the light of day unfortunately. Personally I think Rescue version will be the Toy Fair exclusive

Last edited:
That's a shame. I really hope that if we only get one version we get the Rescue version. I'd like both preferably. When do Hot Toys usually unveil there SDCC exclusives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back