Collection Stash: A Collection Cataloging and Collectible Archiving Platform

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Collection Stash: Open Beta

What did you try changing with the Duo?

It was auto denied and I assume because nothing was changed.

I think I was "editing" just to see the categories and licenses... probably just accidentally hit submit instead of cancel.

All of these have been added except for the ones under "Misc" and then the "Early pieces".

Right now those can just be added under the category "Hot Toys" until we figure out the best way to categorize them.

Yeah, I'm not seeing a good way to categorize them just yet, but I'm thinking about it.

Also, I noticed for the Bruce Lee DX that it is a MMS - DX. Right now I have DX as its own category.

I am pretty sure all DX right now are movie based characters but I guess they could do non movie based characters in the future. Does it make sense to keep DX by it self or have DX/MMS or MMS/DX.

I think I like DX being a higher category because then you can see all DX figures at that level.

It started out as the Movie Masterpiece Series Deluxe category, but they have since done an M Icon Michael Jackson DX, so I think leaving it as just DX for now is probably the way to go. Once Hot Toys site comes back up, we can see how they classify them now... I'm thinking it best to try and match what they have done, but if they keep changing things, it can really cause problems for a DBA! :panic: :rotfl

I think I was "editing" just to see the categories and licenses... probably just accidentally hit submit instead of cancel.

Yeah, I'm not seeing a good way to categorize them just yet, but I'm thinking about it.

It started out as the Movie Masterpiece Series Deluxe category, but they have since done an M Icon Michael Jackson DX, so I think leaving it as just DX for now is probably the way to go. Once Hot Toys site comes back up, we can see how they classify them now... I'm thinking it best to try and match what they have done, but if they keep changing things, it can really cause problems for a DBA! :panic: :rotfl

THIS!

Haha so my thought process with categories is that we can easily match exactly how the manufacturers do it and that will make sense. But if they start recatgorizing or switching stuff around that might just be a pain in the ass to maintain. So I am ok with using them as a base and then making up our own categories or organizing them how we feel makes sense.

THIS!

Haha so my thought process with categories is that we can easily match exactly how the manufacturers do it and that will make sense. But if they start recatgorizing or switching stuff around that might just be a pain in the ass to maintain. So I am ok with using them as a base and then making up our own categories or organizing them how we feel makes sense.

Yeah, I think you are probably right... just match during setup and if things change, then change if easy to do or just leave if it will cause headaches.

Ok, just tried to edit The Friend figure to change the edition size to 2000 so I could add the Hong Kong version as a variant, but it would not let me because of an invalid category... thing is, there was no category listed and no drop-down to pick from! I tried it about three times, but same result each time.

EDIT: Also get an error when trying to add the variant because the category is missing there as well, with no way to pick one.

Ok, just tried to edit The Friend figure to change the edition size to 2000 so I could add the Hong Kong version as a variant, but it would not let me because of an invalid category... thing is, there was no category listed and no drop-down to pick from! I tried it about three times, but same result each time.

EDIT: Also get an error when trying to add the variant because the category is missing there as well, with no way to pick one.

Hmm, uh oh. Might be a defect. I will be home in a bit and let you know.

Oh crap. I know why. My bad, it is a data issue. When I was updating the categories last night, I added a double of one and so I removed one of them but I must have accidentally removed the one this collectible is under. So it thinks it has a category but when it is looking up the actual category is failing. I will fix that ASAP. Sorry about that.

Hmm, uh oh. Might be a defect. I will be home in a bit and let you know.

Oh crap. I know why. My bad, it is a data issue. When I was updating the categories last night, I added a double of one and so I removed one of them but I must have accidentally removed the one this collectible is under. So it thinks it has a category but when it is looking up the actual category is failing. I will fix that ASAP. Sorry about that.

No problem, I figured it was something like that... just keeping you on your toes! :rotfl

Glad you found it. I have some exciting stuff coming in the next couple weeks. A couple admin things to help me manage and add new manufacturers/licenses/categories much more easily plus some stuff for you guys!

Glad you found it. I have some exciting stuff coming in the next couple weeks. A couple admin things to help me manage and add new manufacturers/licenses/categories much more easily plus some stuff for you guys!

Sounds fun and exciting! :rock

All of these have been added except for the ones under "Misc" and then the "Early pieces".

Right now those can just be added under the category "Hot Toys" until we figure out the best way to categorize them.

I appreciate you getting these input, but unfortunately, you added many of the licenses as categories instead of licenses. :slap You must have been up late. :lol Do you need to know which ones or can you figure them out?

I appreciate you getting these input, but unfortunately, you added many of the licenses as categories instead of licenses. :slap You must have been up late. :lol Do you need to know which ones or can you figure them out?

Ha dammit, I thought I did that. I will get those our there tonight, my bad.

Ha dammit, I thought I did that. I will get those our there tonight, my bad.

No worries... we'll get there. On another note, how is the upload count determined? I'm just curious as I've contributed 4 pieces so far but it still shows 0. Not a big deal, but I was just curious if it is manual or automatic, and if automatic, then there is a problem.

No worries... we'll get there. On another note, how is the upload count determined? I'm just curious as I've contributed 4 pieces so far but it still shows 0. Not a big deal, but I was just curious if it is manual or automatic, and if automatic, then there is a problem.

If you are referring to the collectibles count on the users list page, that count is for the number of collectibles you have added to your stash.

Back