Gaslight Batman Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinman2000

Super Freak
Reaction score
I’m currently working on my first custom project, a Jawa, but have been pondering starting a Gaslight-ish Batman. A search of the forum doesn’t provide a lot of reference so I’m not sure it’s a popular concept but the Gotham by Gaslight story was always one of my favorite comics. I’ve been scouring the net and eBay looking for parts to start the project and found these boots(?) to kick off the project. Has anyone used them before…what are your thoughts on using them for a Gaslight Batman? I have a set on order and not a fan of the brown straps or the “X” across the front, so they’ll probably be re-painted and doctored up a bit. I also think they’d look better if the figure in the photo had pants on.

Any other Gaslight Batman projects out there?

s-l500.jpg

Yep...your figure provided some of the inspiration, it looks great! Can you tell me about the components that went into it? At first I thought about a belt that was a darker colored leather but yours kind of pays homage to the 1960s yellow utility belt.

aside from the body-SSBatman body, fist, feet, everything else was made from scratch

Yikes...well, I'll have to piece mine together from collected parts and an attempt at a HS...I'm hoping to get my wife to help with the cape.

Back