The Amazing Spider-Man - OPEN SPOILERS NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Amazing Spider-Man

I just got back from seeing it. Enjoyable, but I definitely had a few issues with it.

Things I liked:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Things I didn't like:

Spoiler Spoiler:

My hopes for the sequel:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Overall, I enjoyed it, but I had a lot of issues that were inexcusable to me, especially because they were things that the Raimi films got right. It almost seems like they went out of the way to distance themselves from the previous movies, to the point that it hurt the flow of this one. I think that as it is, it works as a good palette cleanser for potentially better Spider-Man movies, but at this time Raimi's Spider-Man universe is still MY Spider-Man universe.

Just back from seeing it I'd give it a solid 8/10 also:yess:

I wish that we could have had this movie from the beginning, but this one has the advantage of the Raimi films before it to build on, i.e what works and what doesn't.

The unseen story thing is BS, just a marketing ploy. We're re-treading old ground with some tweaks.

Casting is spot on and the acting is solid, nothing feels forced or hokey.

The way spidey moves in this is fantastic, they've nailed the physics during the swinging and fight scenes.

The only thing that let it down for me was the lacklustre score and the dodgy lizard cgi.

I've read several guesses but no one seems to be saying that the end credit scene was
Spoiler Spoiler:

I've read several guesses but no one seems to be saying that the end credit scene was
Spoiler Spoiler:
? There was
Spoiler Spoiler:
outside and he
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

If you are saying that those three movies are being recycled by Sony, I couldn't agree with you more!

You mean like Sam Raimi's plot formula?

Spiderman can't handle life.

Spiderman can't kiss girl because she'll get kidnapped.

Villain turns himself tragically.

Girl is kidnapped.

Villain says sorry and kills himself.

Girl is kidnapped.

Girl is kidnapped.

Sam Raimi learned how to direct movies from the back of a shampoo bottle, Rinse and Repeat, then he rubbed it in Tobey's eyes so he could cry a few times. Then he submarined the franchise and had a hissy fit because the people giving him millions wanted a differant character. What a little baby nuts amatuer.

Nothing in this movie comes remotely close to the epicly ____ acting that is this.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SsHq2huUEs[/ame]

These characters have souls and chemistry. The action is every bit as sharp and witty. It's funny without being stupid.

If you are saying that those three movies are being recycled by Sony, I couldn't agree with you more!

That was a good one. :lol

I'll be seeing this ____ tomorrow. Won't get a chance to see it today.

norman I get, but where are people getting the other character from? He's never once mentioned in the movie, is it the hair? lol or is because of the direction of the mutations that people are jumping to that?

Girl is kidnapped.

Girl is kidnapped.

Girl is kidnapped.

Sam Raimi learned how to direct movies from the back of a shampoo bottle, Rinse and Repeat, then he rubbed it in Tobey's eyes so he could cry a few times.

Nothing in this movie comes remotely close to the epicly ____ acting that is this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SsHq2huUEs

These characters have souls and chemistry. The action is every bit as sharp and witty. It's funny without being stupid.

The reviews speak for themselves, this still hasnt gotten as good of reviews as the orginal. And way to to pick the worst scene out of all three movies:dunno

Because it's a differant time in comic movies, post TDK, post Avengers, and people seem to be saying they don't see why we need a reboot as their opening line, telling me they don't even realise the reason is your beloved Raimi purposely submarined the last movie.

Distancing themselves from that garbage they wanted to tell a new origin, and most people are tired of origins. This is every bit as good a job rebooting as BB.

The reviews speak for themselves, this still hasnt gotten as good of reviews as the orginal. And way to to pick the worst scene out of all three movies:dunno

It has got plenty of good reviews. If your a Spider-man fan and you remember what it was like growing up as a teenager this movie has something to offer.

loved the new movie but still spider man 1 and 2.1 are awsome movies.

let's not talk about part 3

I still like the old suit better for some reason but the poses in the new movie are amazing.

Girl is kidnapped.

Girl is kidnapped.

Girl is kidnapped.

Sam Raimi learned how to direct movies from the back of a shampoo bottle, Rinse and Repeat, then he rubbed it in Tobey's eyes so he could cry a few times. Then he submarined the franchise and had a hissy fit because the people giving him millions wanted a differant character. What a little baby nuts amatuer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SsHq2huUEs

LOL, way to over react about a series of movies! :hi5:

britney_alone_88u3.jpg

There wasn't a single scene in this movie that made me laugh. :dunno

:lol I love how when I can make that strong an arguement against it I must be overreacting. It's just pure garbage and does all the work itself. People like to dish it out but...

Well, just came back from the Amazing Spiderman, and loved it. Went in pretty open minded. Did not re watch any prior Spidey movie.

Lizard effects themselves, look real to me. Those saying it looked fake or off just left me scratching my head. I went in expecting crap Lizard special effects, and thought it looked very, very good. . Not sure if I loved the design, but it works well - felt like I was watching a real creature and not an effect.

Speaking of real, holy crap! Those Spiderman shots of him swinging around look amazing *pun intended*. Not once did I feel like I was watching a CGI shot, as I did in the last three movies. To be honest, not sure which shots are practical and which are not......

Actors - excellent

Story - very good - I agree that the twist origin story in marketing B.S.; of course, there is the parents substoryline, but its a little tacked on, IMO. Didn't detract from story, but added just a little to the Peter storyline.

Mask removal reveals - happens three or four times, but only one bugged me, when Spidey takes his mask off at school, and just runs down hallway...! Argh

Music - completely forgettable

Loved it overall, bring on more!

Last edited:

Well, just came back from the Amazing Spiderman, and loved it. Of course, i went in not expecting a comedy, went in without having refreshed myself on the Raimi trilogy, and went in with an open mind (gasp!)

Lizard effects themselves, look frakking real. Not sure if I loved the design, but it works well - felt like I was watching a real creature and not an effect.

Speaking of real, holy ____e! Those Spiderman shots of him swinging around look amazing *pun intended*. Not once did I feel like I was watching a CGI shot, as I did in the last three movies. To be honest, not sure which shots are practical and which are not......

Actors - excellent

Story - very good -

Mask removal reveals - only one bugged me, when Spidey takes his mask off at school, and just runs down hallway...! Argh

Loved it overall, bring on more!

Glad you liked it Matt. Sequel is gonna be the ____!

I hate to do this Deckard, because I lika yea but your posts in here piss me off.

Pertains to Spider-Man 1 and 2 only really. I don't have many thoughts on Spider-Man 3

Like in the rainy alley where he kissed her after he saves her from being raped by thugs? Or what about the end where he gives her some tongue?

In Spider-Man 2 I'm pretty sure the same thing happens and Parker finally ends up with Mary Jane. They're both willing to try and be in a relationship despite Peter's role as Spider-Man.

Doc Ock? Sure. Norman Osborn? Who knows. He was a prick before taking the super soldier serum, especially to Dr. Stromm. Throughout the film the audience is left wondering if it's really Norman Osborn being sincere or if it's all the Green Goblin persona.

Girl is kidnapped.

Damsel in distress, like nearly every film of this genre. Yeah the Raimi films go overboard having this happen in every film, especially in Spider-Man 3.

BUT, it makes sense. Remember, it's not just Mary Jane that comes in harms way, it's Aunt May too. Things go bad when the villains find out who Peter really is. If they can't get to Peter, they'll go after his loved ones. Who does Peter love the most other than his aunt and uncle? Mary Jane.

Goblin says sorry? I remember him telling Peter to not tell Harry. Doesn't sound like sorry to me. I don't think he'd be regretting anything if Parker was at the receiving end of the Glider blades. He was trying to kill him until the very end.

Otto says sorry? I remember him saving New York and becoming a hero when he comes to his senses and gets rid of the fusion from obliterating the city.

I don't remember him contemplating suicide or slitting his wrists? He puts up with so much ____ in Spider-Man 2. No girl, loses his jobs, he's poor, nothing goes right, he's losing his powers.

By the end of it though, as corny as this may sound, he relearns that with great power comes great responsibility and becomes Spider-Man again.

He then tries to balance his life as Spider-Man and Peter Parker.

I could have used a little more in the Curt Connors storyline. The reasons for his turning into the Lizard were 'ok,' but felt like a slightly missed opportunity. I wanted his story to be tragic, and it didn't pull it off fully. I liked it, but lacked some emotional resonance with me

Back