Resident Evil 6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might be true, idk. Maybe Capcom didn't appreciate the info or rumours leaked. I might be wrong...

TBH i have never seen Chris and Jill as an item. There was only really a reference to it in Revelations and nothing else. And even then it could of been a joke or a presumption because they are buddy buddy and happen to be a boy and girl (this happens all the time with people who are just friends) In the original they dont cross paths until the end of each game and they just treat each other like any other member of the team. In the endings Jill may lay a head on Chris's shoulder but that is just something people sometimes do.. so nothing significant. Jill isnt longing for Chris in RE 3, Chris isnt longing for Jill in code Veronica and Lost In nightmares just seems back to colleagues again. Not even any witty banter between them to even suggest a relationship. And if there was anything at all going to make it blatant there was something there it would of been in RE5 after Chris's finds out Jill is alive and he fights to get the spider off her chest. You would expect a massive hug and a kiss if there was ever any feelings like that. Or even just a long hug for a bit. but nope, Stand well apart, look at each other like colleagues and both go on their ways. Jill even gives Sheva her blessings because Jill essentially wants Sheva to be as good a partner to Chris as she was.

The only person Jill has really had flirty banter with is Carlos.

Last edited:
Most of the endings in the first (original) game were highly suggestive.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x711B_0pLjM[/ame]

Starting at about 2:30 and again at anout 4:00, if that isn't suggestive then I don't know what is.

Here's the REmake version of the ending I mentioned at 4:00

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF8PY9jVlG0[/ame]

Your other reasons could be chalked up to Capcom, not wanting to bash you over the head with it or the importance of the mission at hand, Code Veronica? Chris is trying to save Claire, His sister. It would make sense if Jill wasn't exactly on his mind. RE5? At the point he saves Jill, He then moves to focusing on Wesker (probably the only person Chris obsesses about more :lol). But the way Chris references her throughout game up until that point is all, highly indicative of a past or ongoing intimate relationship. Heck even the way Wesker says "partner" in the line "now that your partner has arrived, I'll leave you two, to catch up" could be suggestive :lol

I have no doubt they've always had a relationship, and like any, they've probably had ups and downs. But they're always straddling the border between partner and lover. One day they'll stop dancing around it.

Last edited:
Damn, ive not seen the live action endings in years. And as remake took over as the official canon first game i think the live action ones can be thrown out of the window. That Remake ending is also grabbing at straws too though not to mention its not one of the official in-canon endings is it? Im sure the 4 of them got back to Racoon city together and tried to warn folk. As for the flashbacks in RE5 of Jill they were all heavily leaning on the angle that all Cop movies do of he lost his "partner" i.e. sidekick not lover. Otherwise he would be flashing back to walking in the forest holding hands and having a picnic. Not having gunfights with wesker. He would of had a picture of them both together in his pocket to look at or something.

Give me anything concrete and ill buy it. Not a loose thread that could be miss-interpreted.

Last edited:
Maybe Chris swings the other way... hm. LOL

Anyway, I always thought they liked each other.

Last edited:
Lol....the original live action sequences. Man, those are the days. Makes me want to bust out my Sega Saturn and play it all over again.
(that's right I'm a Sega fanboy. Had it for the Saturn first, then got the dual shock edition when I got my PS)

Damn, ive not seen the live action endings in years. And as remake took over as the official canon first game i think the live action ones can be thrown out of the window. That Remake ending is also grabbing at straws too though not to mention its not one of the official in-canon endings is it? Im sure the 4 of them got back to Racoon city together and tried to warn folk. As for the flashbacks in RE5 of Jill they were all heavily leaning on the angle that all Cop movies do of he lost his "partner" i.e. sidekick not lover. Otherwise he would be flashing back to walking in the forest holding hands and having a picnic. Not having gunfights with wesker. He would of had a picture of them both together in his pocket to look at or something.

Give me anything concrete and ill buy it. Not a loose thread that could be miss-interpreted.

Well your point about that ending being non-canon is irrelevant as there i no completely canon ending in any version of the first Resident Evil. Offiially Chris, Jill, Rebecca and Barry survive, but there is no ending showing that. There really is no canon ending at all, so you'd have to throw out every ending from RE1 (either version). Posting the original video just shows that they implied a relationship from the beginning.

I don't think it's grabbing for straws, Barry is sitting there talking about his wife, his family, and it pans to Jill looking sad and longingly peering into the sunset. It doesn't much more obvious without beating you over the head with it.

I don't know if your picnic comment is a joke or not, but it wouldnt make sense in the context of the game. If this were a romantic comedy and their relationship was the main plotpoint of the series, then I'd see where you're coming from. It's in the background, it's not a main plot point, but they've put so many suggestions and implications in the series, I don't see how it couldn't be viewed that way.

Alas, I believe we simply have to agree to disagree :)

I choose to believe purely because they are a man and woman who had a brief hug after a terrifying experience in the mansion that people are reading farrrrrrr too much into things. Even to the point i almost see the Revelations line as a jokey reference to all of the fanfic pairing of them in alot of RE websites. i have seen 0 reason to believe they are anything other than long term best friends. They have not kissed in 15 years.

But thats just me.

In other non weird relationship talk, I think today is/was the last day of the Capcom centric convention Captivate. And the news embargo is lifted on April 10th, so we should be getting some new info (not fake!!) on this game soon :panic:

( theres already some rumors out there right now but I ain't posting any of that ____ :lol)

( theres already some rumors out there right now but I ain't posting any of that ____ :lol)

Why not? I sometimes like reading ridiculous rumours. Lol

hans-landa.jpg

I love rumors!

I hate the real-time item management. I want it to be a paused menu again. I hate being swamped by Majini then try to quickly equip an automatic weapon and end up running around with a can of first aid spray or a clip of ammo.

I hate the real-time item management. I want it to be a paused menu again. I hate being swamped by Majini then try to quickly equip an automatic weapon and end up running around with a can of first aid spray or a clip of ammo.

Blame outbreak, it was a horrid move for the inventory.

Dont like RE4's magic briefcase you carry whichhas 6 guns a million bullets and 4 aid sprays.

Id like to have guns visible. I know they were in RE5, But id like you to say Use a machine gun, have your pistol on your leg, a shotgun or rifle on your back, changing weapons would be slower, hooking the lead around your arm and grabbing your rifle. Would be cool.

Back