1/6 SSC Daredevil Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For sure.

24B9D31700000578-2911945-image-a-37_1421672701150.jpg

:lol

You're givin' them too much credit.

Hahah I only say that because DP and Punisher seem to also have that "regular guy" look going on, and Wolverine was also pretty far off the concept art. I will admit I'm definitely giving the benefit of the doubt here - I'm hesitant to trash these things because it does seem like they're working hard on them.

...buuuut maybe it's just a lack of ability and experience. Stuff like the HT BVS Batman eats this guy's lunch.

...buuuut maybe it's just a lack of ability and experience. Stuff like the HT BVS Batman eats this guy's lunch.

exactly. HT put batman on a muscular body but for the massing, the definition in the suit for the abs/chest came from the padding underneath the suit. With SS doing comic characters, they really should put some ppl on how to replicate that for their future figures. this way you're not needing to make new bodies for each character, you just change the way the suit fits whatever muscular pattern they work out.

I understand that this is based after some of his classic looks, but I don't recall Daredevil ever having staples on his knees. :slap

So I went ahead and cashed in about 40 bucks in rewards points to put this guy on preorder. He looks pretty good as is and he might look even better on a more muscular body if possible.

I do wish this had come with a second unmasked headsculpt like Wolverine. I really like the option of displaying them like that and I wish sideshow would do that a bit more with their superhero line.

ss dd rockin dat dad bod... no thanks.

lol nunchucks pretty sure they aint nunchucks

I saw this in person at last year's NYC comic con and those knee pads do look strange. The rest of the figure is sweet though.

I like this a lot better than HT one, but it's more of a personal preference on design. I find that most TV and Movie superheroes are either in some form of leather outfit, or something that looks like motocross/hockey padding. I realize it's the only way to do it on screen, but other than BVS Batman, I almost always prefer these "comic" designs...

But this is not really a comic design. Daredevil never had those dumb patches over his costume or those hideous looking kneepads if that's what kneepads look like nowadays.

Absolutely love the headsculpt – moreso than the HT version if i'm honest - however the rest of the figure is awful imo!
Same. Damn cool lookin' head sculpt for sure.
Unfortunately it is impossible to find things like this separately on ebay.

If how crappy the suit looks didn't kill it, to my eyes at least, it looks like you can get 0 dynamic poses with this guy. This is not The Man Without Fear. Hope Ghost Rider comes out better than this(with some villains coughcoughDrDoomcoughcough coming soon after). Maybe swing for the fences and give us the Fantastic Four before this line is cancelled.

Aesthetically it needs more definition. Maybe they will tweak it. Whatddo I know - NO BODY SHAMING lol :lol

This will get the prize as the worst looking 1/6 Daredevil ever. The Wolverine was bad as well. I don't know what Sideshow is going for - the 90' dumb look. Why the steel tipped boots. I had those in the 90'. I'm telling you, you're not doing any acrobatics with those suckers on.
Some people will love this and God bless 'em. This figure is as much as the Hot Toys Daredevil and there's just no comparison in my opinion.

This will get the prize as the worst looking 1/6 Daredevil ever. The Wolverine was bad as well. I don't know what Sideshow is going for - the 90' dumb look. Why the steel tipped boots. I had those in the 90'. I'm telling you, you're not doing any acrobatics with those suckers on.
Some people will love this and God bless 'em. This figure is as much as the Hot Toys Daredevil and there's just no comparison in my opinion.

Aesthetically, I think SSC gave him the exposed steel toe boots to echo the steel colored claws at the end of his fists. Totally unnecessary but also a totally minor problem, the figure looks f0ck'n killer in person! I love this character in this costume and Sideshow did it justice.

If the steel colored boot tips bother you so much, just paint 'em a matching brown or black and it's fixed.

I won't disagree with you on SSC's Daredevil, I won't be buying him.

But this is not really a comic design. Daredevil never had those dumb patches over his costume or those hideous looking kneepads if that's what kneepads look like nowadays.

Not like that, no, that's for sure. I think they were basically doing an all-red version of the armored Daredevil. I would have preferred a different design choice, but I still like it better than the HT version. The Daredevil show was alright, for what it was, but I was never a fan of the outfit, particularly the mask/helmet. My biggest problem with this figure is the body. Looks like they went with the Green Lantern body. He could definitely use wider shoulders...

Back