Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it's strange. After 80+ figures, I have those moments where I feel slightly burnt out or even bored with my collection... but yet I still get excited by the next cool HT preview and still get the same thrill when I unbox a figure for the first time.

It's like I really do feel like an addict at times with this hobby, always looking for my next fix. :D

:exactly:

At times, I look at my collection in amazement and admiration. Other times, I wonder to myself why in the hell I have these things and if I should just end it all and sell the whole thing.

Yet the very next day, HT can preview something new and I’m contemplating whether to get it or not. And like you said, I always get excited when I see a figure I’ve PO’d has shipped and I waste no time ripping into the box at the next available free moment.

I think I have about 80 figures as well.

:exactly:

At times, I look at my collection in amazement and admiration. Other times, I wonder to myself why in the hell I have these things and if I should just end it all and sell the whole thing.

Yet the very next day, HT can preview something new and I’m contemplating whether to get it or not. And like you said, I always get excited when I see a figure I’ve PO’d has shipped and I waste no time ripping into the box at the next available free moment.

I think I have about 80 figures as well.

:lol I am happy that i'm not the only one who has those moments. I love them most days but there are some days i want to sell everything but that usually only last a few hours or a day at most.

There is something therapeutic about them after a bad day so i keep them around.

[emoji38] I am happy that i'm not the only one who has those moments. I love them most days but there are some days i want to sell everything but that usually only last a few hours or a day at most.

There is something therapeutic about them after a bad day so i keep them around.
Me too. I have preordered the DX17 as I think it is a great set, despite the dodgy grimace sculpt. [emoji106]

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

I think you must be relatively new to this hobby.

Haha yeah that's exactly what I was thinking :lol-

I guess I'm in the older collector guy camp now. Especially after recently moving and packing them all up I sometimes think to myself do I really need all this ? It's a lot of money and hassle and space ! But then I decided to unpack a few core OT figures. Luke, Han, Chewie, Leia, Vader and Stormtrooper and look at them and think these things are soooo good. I'd never want to part with them !

On the other hand I can also relate totally to Harleyquinn2014. It wasn't so long ago that I was playing catchup to get the figures I wanted. So was totally in the thick of it. Loving every minute of it !!

Apparently Hot Toys were considering this Darth Maul alternative version.......

da4c7528c9b2ce686bb8e141dc40b8d5.jpg

Another thread I've gone through completely (one of my favorite things to do when bored) and it's always fun to see the ups and downs of when info and pictures drop lol. The sky is falling posts about no cloak were great.

But I decided to go in on the standard edition Maul from Timewalker for $272. With all my preorders for next year, I couldn't swing another $130 for the speeder (wouldn't really use anyway). And I'm going for the Naboo look when the doors open and Maul is waiting. So damn good. The figure looks phenomenal and I'm so glad I passed (about 3 times) on the SS V2. For $30 more, you get a better sculpt, better looking body, better clothing set, an actual robe, 2 LED sabers, the whoosh effect blade parts, a probe droid, the binoculars, a nice (action?) stand, and an additional sculpt (which should get some tweaks if we bark loud enough). Now that is a great deal! I wasn't planning on it, but I'm gonna go full PT Sith Lords. Maul, Dooku, Sidious/Palpatine, and the often discussed ROTS Vader with operating table (HT pls). I'm getting my OT Vader fix with the grail of all grails Quarter Scale Vader coming next year. Don't need an OT 1/6 Vader anymore.

Seems like I've always had 1/6th Mauls in the Naboo Duel look.... I'm excited to finally have a large figure with the cloaked Tatooine look for a change. Always loved those 3" figure sin the cloak.

Once Sidious comes along, I'll probably revert back to Naboo style for Maul so there's not a lot of hooded figures on the PT shelf: Palps, Maul, Anakin...

Seems like I've always had 1/6th Mauls in the Naboo Duel look.... I'm excited to finally have a large figure with the cloaked Tatooine look for a change. Always loved those 3" figure sin the cloak.

Once Sidious comes along, I'll probably revert back to Naboo style for Maul so there's not a lot of hooded figures on the PT shelf: Palps, Maul, Anakin...

Yeah I totally get that. We've never had a good Tatooine Maul before. Are you going to pick up Qui-gon when they make him?

Not sure about Qui-Gon. At this point I'm not even getting Ewan Kenobi. PT is not entirely my thing though I do like many of the designs. But I'm a sucker for villains, so I will have a full line of PT bad guys: Anakin, Maul, Dooku, Cody, likely Jango, and finally Grievous and Sidious when they make them.

The only hero I know I'll get if offered is Queen Amidala in that iconic red gown. Very PT to me.

Not sure about Qui-Gon. At this point I'm not even getting Ewan Kenobi. PT is not entirely my thing though I do like many of the designs. But I'm a sucker for villains, so I will have a full line of PT bad guys: Anakin, Maul, Dooku, Cody, likely Jango, and finally Grievous and Sidious when they make them.

The only hero I know I'll get if offered is Queen Amidala in that iconic red gown. Very PT to me.

Yeah I'm on the fence about Qui-Gon as well. I don't want to go too far into this line because then you need Young Kenobi too. Stopping yourself at Villains is a great idea. I'm trying to limit myself to just RotS and Villains. But who knows how we will feel when we see a badass Liam Neeson from HT.. I can def see myself ordering Grievous, Jango, Vader, and Sidious. They're all great designs, even if you don't love the characters. I'm hoping Jango has an unhelmeted sculpt.

And Queen Amidala seems like a must. Its easily the most recognizable design in the trilogy. They really knew what they were doing when they made that.

Day 1 PO if they make the Queen.

Back