Will Hot Toys ever make General Grievous?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plenty of other good characters to be produced before this waste of space.

Surely they’ll make Grievous. It’ll be expensive but surely anyone with a PT interest will bite! I’m not going heavy on the PT and my wants are

Maul
Dooku
Jango
Arena Padme
ROTS Anakin
ROTS Obi Wan
Cody
501st
Grievous
Palpatine

6 down, 4 to go!

I'm sure we'll get him eventually and hopefully in Diecast

There is not much diecast in the diecast releases. I could see them making the lower legs like K-2SO with some metal to make him more stable but the top half will be plastic to keep him from being top heavy.

No question they are working on him and i am looking forward to seeing what they do. I did have the SS but sold him to get the eventually HT version.

There is not much diecast in the diecast releases. I could see them making the lower legs like K-2SO with some metal to make him more stable but the top half will be plastic to keep him from being top heavy.

No question they are working on him and i am looking forward to seeing what they do. I did have the SS but sold him to get the eventually HT version.

Yep this is exactly what I was thinking. Heavy legs like K2SO to get that centre of gravity down. Only a matter of time imo. Maybe next year though, they've gone pretty hard with PT. They need to do some more OT :lol

ROTS is not crap. That spot belongs to Last Jedi. ROTS has some great moments.

Nah, apart from the soundtrack it fails at every single thing a movie can be judged on. Writing, acting, story, visual effects, makeup, editing, fight scenes, they're all below par. Add in how it botched the most important scenes of the PT and it can't be viewed as anything other than a disappointment and missed opportunity. Backlash against the ST won't change that.

I suspect they will make Grievous eventually though, I would probably buy it as well.

Plenty of other good characters to be produced before this waste of space.

I'd prefer him over Phasma and the Elite Praetorian Guards tbh. They're both cool, but GG contributes to the plot moreso than them. HT also makes too many variants of Boba Fett (like the Holiday Special) and Iron Man. And the rise of The Clone Wars is gonna mean there's more PT figures on the shelves. Then there's complexity for figures; Ultron and the Hulkbuster are tough to make.

Nah, apart from the soundtrack it fails at every single thing a movie can be judged on. Writing, acting, story, visual effects, makeup, editing, fight scenes, they're all below par. Add in how it botched the most important scenes of the PT and it can't be viewed as anything other than a disappointment and missed opportunity. Backlash against the ST won't change that.

I suspect they will make Grievous eventually though, I would probably buy it as well.

I'm not getting into an age old argument defending a Star Wars film. I love them all. Except TLJ.

Not really a fan of the character, but I like the visual design enough that if they did one around $300 - $350 I'd bite.

Why is this even a question. They will of course make a useless character from a crap film like ROTS. It's right up their alley. :lol

If that's the case then they would have done Krennic from RO by now. :monkey3

Yep this is exactly what I was thinking. Heavy legs like K2SO to get that centre of gravity down. Only a matter of time imo. Maybe next year though, they've gone pretty hard with PT. They need to do some more OT :lol

Yep, diecast legs to anchor the figure down.

I'm not a fan of the character but I do like the design. Would look amazing with 4 light-up sabers! What a display that would be.

General-Grievous_c9df9cb5.jpg

K2 is an impressive figure... and Grievous would be even larger! Regardless of whether you like the character or not, it would be an outstanding piece.

K2 is an impressive figure... and Grievous would be even larger! Regardless of whether you like the character or not, it would be an outstanding piece.

His design and engineering is the hard part. But compared to every bad guy (maybe except Kylo Ren) in the sequels, Grievous is pretty much heads and shoulders above them. Physically and significantly.

Yes. I guarantee they will be made by hot toys in the next 50 years.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

I think it’s more and more likely as they do PT figures.

Considering they made Obi-Wan and now they showed off Cody and the 212th Airborne Trooper, it seems like they’re going with a Utapau theme so I’d say Grievous is close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Considering they made Obi-Wan and now they showed off Cody and the 212th Airborne Trooper, it seems like they’re going with a Utapau theme so I’d say Grievous is close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then on the other hand...Snoke is missing. And General Hux. I'm not sure if the backlash is affecting their production, cuz HT is known for never completing their scenes. Nebula hasn't even been made! Let's just wait 'till ep IX and see if the prequel figs sell well.

Back