Prime 1 Studio - 1:4 LOTR License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, but Weta also has things you wont find anywhere else like their environments. Named characters aside, locations/structures/places have just as much meaning and importance. I consider Barad-dûr to be one of my favorites of all my collectables. All perspective I guess, but at least theres still interest for another company to continue producing new items.

I do like some of their environments, Barad-dûr is probably the best one.

I wont be getting any of the pieces from prime 1, since quiet happy with my PF's, but very interested how they create some of the statues. I would admit some of the hobbit villians, and the mouth of sauron would be interesting, but no more room, its Sauron that I am very interested how they create him

I wont be getting any of the pieces from prime 1, since quiet happy with my PF's, but very interested how they create some of the statues. I would admit some of the hobbit villians, and the mouth of sauron would be interesting, but no more room, its Sauron that I am very interested how they create him

I'll have to agree with that. As much as I liked my RWOS, it was very big, including that box so I eventually sold it. SS Sauron I thought looked great too but I never bought it. All of the Prime 1 Batman stuff looks great, still waiting to see if/what their Macross line will look like :)drool), so this could really turn out to be something good.

this is a very ambitious move from them cause the LOTR line was not a hot seller for SS. Personally, I hope everything is sculpted, no mixed media as SS already did that and looking at their 1:3 Batman line, they can pull off some great sculpts without mixed media. I'd like to see the Witch King in a bad ass pose and ringwraiths of course. The ability to use translucent resin should blow away all the previous SS human characters too. I wonder if the Hobbit is included in the license?

Prime 1 always start with the most spectacular, their WOW factor to get the ball rolling with their lineup, and defiantly I think it will be Sauron they make first, to really sell this lineup. He's the main villain, and it will be allot like when they first were on the rise when they made Megatron

They just bailed on their Terminator license according to another member, so hopefully we see something concrete soon with this line.

I am still holding on hope sideshow will make a T-1000 PF, need one to display it with a T-800 PF, and I can rebuy the T2 T-800 PF

I personally don't care for any scaled Terminator piece SS has put out, and the only life size ones worth owning are the collaboration pieces(SWS, Legacy, etc....) much like their poor efforts for Aliens/Preds. They just can't seem to do justice to Winston's creations without outside help.

I personally don't care for any scaled Terminator piece SS has put out, and the only life size ones worth owning are the collaboration pieces(SWS, Legacy, etc....) much like their poor efforts for Aliens/Preds. They just can't seem to do justice to Winston's creations without outside help.

I think the T-800 PF is one brilliant PF, really brings arnie to life

I would say it is less of an opinion than an observation, for 20-30% more than a Weta 1/6 piece you can get most of the 1/4 LOTR PFs. $6-800 for the larger statues(Balrog, Smaug, Azog, etc...) is also a lot of money, more than all but the Rider and Sauron PFs retailed for.

Back