Prop NOBLE COLLECTION: "Ring of the Witch-king" and "Ring of the King of Men"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NOBLE COLLECTION: "Ring of the Witch-king" and "Ring of the King of Men"

What is the difference between the ring of the Witch King and the ring of the King of Men? Is the latter the one worn by the rest of the Nazgul?

witchking is the bigger gold/silverone and the other 8 wear the smaller silver skull one

witchking is the bigger gold/silverone and the other 8 wear the smaller silver skull one

Hi Adolfo,

in my opinion your answer is not correct, because:

From the Poem about the Rings of Power:
"Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die"

These rings can be seen in the prolog of PJ's FOTR which are of gold and silver and really big ones. Noble Collection (and a few other licensors) has made a collectable version only in silver ($97.50) which was called "The King of Men Ring". There exists afaik only one picture of the real thing in the book "Weapons and Warfare" which shows this ring in all it's glory (in gold and silver). The most screen acurate version was produced by a dutch company called Comminvent B.V. and distributed by Anjer B.V. (also only in silver, price unknown) and is more than ultra rare today.

The "Ring of the Witch-king" is not a Tolkien ring. It's PJ's idea and is worn by the Witch-king in true form when Frodo sees him during the attack at Weathertop. This ring is also shown in above mentioned book and is the smaller version or as you said, the "smaller silver skull one". This is more common in the second market as there has been a cheap version by Applause which came around $25-30 when it was originally released and a more screen acurate version also by Noble Collection made out of sterling silver which was around $97.50

According to PJ films it is... I know in Tolkien lore they all wore the same one. The question asked never mentioned Tolkien lore

Thanks for the answer Adolfo.

Here are some pics from The Noble Collection catalogue. Hope this might help.

kom-1.JPG

wk-1.JPG

Hey all ... sorry for resurrecting an old thread ... I found this thread when doing some reading about the ring of the King of Men. I have one from the time of the original trilogy that I put on eBay here: RARE LOTR King of Men Ring Sterling Silver The Noble Collection | eBay

I've stored this thing for years and figured all this time that they were as common as the other rings in The Noble Collection. It wasn't until I posted it and started doing some reading about it that I discovered differently. Really is a beautiful ring and now I hate to part with it!

I have an original NC "Ring of the Witch King". I didn't realize how rare it was until recently. Have had it for years, only dug it out recently. Then found this thread. I'd be hard pressed to part with it.

WOW! Just found mine...seems like a few of us forgot about these!

Anyone interested in the Ring of the Witch King size 11?
If so, please PM me!

If anyone would like to sell their ring I'd be interested. Preferably size 9 but any would be good. Pm me

Hi Adolfo,

I already have found your pics in a very old thread when I used the search-function. To be honest the ring itself is not very good. Looking at the "melted" contours of the crowns of the stylisized kings and the thorns holding the stone shows that this is a cheap cast from maybe the original.

I do have a copy from the Netherlands (it was official over there) which in my opinion is very close the NC version. If I can get hold of the NC version I will go to a jeweller and let him apply the gold to those parts where it should belong.
Where did you get it from the Netherlands ? Or what website?

Back