Rene Belloq 12" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would take a blow torch to the figure first...

:lol

It sucks that I had to destroy a perfectly good custom (and its memories) just to salvage my brand new SS Belloq.

But he does look like a plain old gangster in just the suit and tie.

I keep looking at the pictures on the box, where the suit is baggy, fits well, and is buttoned closed with no pinching. I want the one on the box dammit!

Now that looks like a $90 figure. Good work. :rock

Belloqcomparebarvsdig1.jpg

I think the sculpt is actually pretty good too.

Thanks!

And thanks again to all for the kind words. It helps during this "angry" phase for me. :D

I'm really dying for some new pics of others Belloq now. I want to see if what I got is the norm or not.

There's two guys here who got it when I did, yet no pics, no review, nada. :tap

We need more imput on this. What if I just got a lemon?

The pics up here are pretty much what mine looks like, that's why he is up on eBay now for $60. Your figure looks better with the new clothes, but that Sideshow head sculpt just isn't Belloq from the movie.

Maybe if Hot Toys hadn't raised the bar so high with their recent head sculpts, this would look a little better, but Sideshow heads still look like Sideshow heads. I don't know why they can't step it up, but they just don't.

The pics up here are pretty much what mine looks like, that's why he is up on eBay now for $60.

:lol

Now that's a definitive answer. Sorry to hear it though. I'm sure you would have preferred to keep him.

So your jacket wouldn't close either without the whole thing pulling and exposing the snap?

If so, too bad...I was kind of hoping mine was a screw-up and I could call and get a better fitting one.

Yep, you got what I got. Totally worth it for the base though, especially if I make some money back. A part of me just hopes that the rumors of the Indy line dying are true so that I don't regret giving up Belloq after all the other, totally perfect characters are announced and released. I do have Toht coming, but he can display alone with the melting head and Ark acceptably enough.

I'll be reluctantly getting Belloq on Friday, here's hoping I can find a blue shirt for him. The dig sans the tie and snap seems to be the way to go. Thanks for sharing Wor-Gar. *sigh*

I'll be reluctantly getting Belloq on Friday, here's hoping I can find a blue shirt for him. The dig sans the tie and snap seems to be the way to go. Thanks for sharing Wor-Gar. *sigh*

If the jacket could close without tweaking the suit, he'd look pretty good after futzing -- Sheen or Freeman. It's a shame that one little thing really ruins the whole.

I know there's more than 'one little thing' wrong here, but everything can be futzed or hidden (tie length) and result in a nice overall Belloq. But with that one troublesome snap, you're forced to see the tie, the high-waisted pants, the tweak in the crotch, etc.

But if you guys can get a cheap blue shirt, then he does make a suitable and more familiar Belloq for your shelf.

I still want to get the idol enviro!

Nothing on ebay yet.

Hope they dont start selling for too much.

The idol pedestal is really a great piece.

The upset with Belloq really distracted me, but all-in-all I'm glad I got the pedestal now.

And to think I almost cancelled the pedestal and got a reg Belloq. :lol

The pedestal also shows great promise for the SS ark if they make those fixes.

Well, the exclusive Belloq is really a mixed bag.

My standards aren't really that high. I think Belloq is decent. I'm not a huge Indy aficionado. Two years ago I couldn't have even picked Belloq out of a line-up of movie villians, if that gives you an idea of where I'm coming from. Having said that, for a guy in a suit, he's not that bad. I'm not sure what the "pinching" is all about, I think the suit fits fine, of course, the collar is kinda big, and I don't think the jacket lays correctly around the neck and shoulders, but I have that complaint about my HT Joker v1, soooo. . . that's just a general issue with 1/6 scale figures.

belloquh7.jpg

Mine has floppy legs, the butt-thigh joint thing, that gap at the butt is a problem. It just can't support the weight of the upper body. As far as I'm concerned, this Prometheus body is a dud. I don't have the Harbinger, but I'm not impressed, more on that as I get to the pedestal. And yeah, that silver button has gotta go. If they had set it in a bit, so it wasn't right on the edge of the jacket, it might have been less obtrusive. Belloq is definitely not an $80.

Now, the reason Belloq was even made at all.

pedestalmainkh9.jpg

Pretty cool. I wish there was an easier way to tell where the curved platform fits on the main pedestal, you can definitely tell where it fits, as it sits flush against a certain part, but you just have to twist it around the base until it fits correctly. I've no complaints about the base. If you figure it was about a $60 piece, it's a pretty sweet deal. If you figure it was an $80 and Belloq was a $60 figure, it makes Belloq easier to deal with ;) Guess what happens when you figure that the pedestal was $100 :p

pedestalwidescreendf3.jpg

The good news is that it just barely fits in a Detolf, which would have been a crushing defeat had it not. No, the main problem with the Idol pedestal is not with the pedestal itself, but its companion piece.

funkystancerk7.jpg

Look at those goofy chicken legs. Indy's legs are so wobbly, he can't properly crouch over the idol, and IMO kinda ruins the display aspect. That damn Prometheus body!! You've gotta bow his legs out to make him hunch over the idol.

All in all, I think it's worth it. The diorama aspect is cool overall, and perhaps if I put Indy on a TrueType he'd be able to assume the correct crouching pose. And I think I'm going to keep Belloq. There's just something about him that I dig.

And I think I'm going to keep Belloq. There's just something about him that I dig.

Good, I don't want people to cancel. He's still Belloq -- one of Indy's best villains.

It's nice to see someone else's Belloq up. Maybe its the angle, but your jacket sure looks like it fits better than mine.

If I could have gotten mine to look like that I probably would have kept it that way instead of doing my drastic wardrobe change.

The pedestal also shows great promise for the SS ark if they make those fixes.

What's wrong with the Ark? It is clearly different from the Hasbro one, but I haven't done any movie to figure comparisons to see what's wrong with either. Which one is overall more accurate?

Hasbro:

arc1dc6.jpg

I certainly like the finish on this one better.

2abb_1.jpg

arc6ld7.jpg

or Sideshow:

39091_press03-001.jpg

I like the carrying rods on this one better.

39091_press02-001.jpg

Which one would God prefer if He were collecting 1/6 replicas of His power? Hmmm

I have to admit, I am one of the crazy ones that is just getting Belloq. I just did not want the pedestal, I wanted Belloq. I love Raiders and had to have Belloq, and with a decent repaint I see him turning out great.

-Ben

Which one would God prefer if He were collecting 1/6 replicas of His power? Hmmm

God has nothing to do with it or my Belloq would fit his suit. :)

Right now, Hasbro is better -- I never thought I'd say that.

But I expect SS to fix the inaccurate pole covers at least. Yes, even though I was let down today I still have faith.

So Hasbro's pole covers are MORE accurate? Huh. what about the overall size/ shape? The SS one seems to be less wide and the angels are bigger.

There's a thread here somewhere about the Hasbro ARK that has all the info you need about the differences. I'm not sure, but the SS ark has many problems like you mentioned. Hasbro's overall scale is better in proportions I believe.

If you can get the Hasbro ark, you should, no matter what it is a great piece to have...and will probably be hard to come by soon.

Back