HOT TOYS DAVY JONES

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks fantastic. Really making it hard to continue passing on this line. Problem is that I would now need to pick up Jack and Will, for sure. (I can live without the other two figs... for now...) :D

Nice, but I'm going to be as mindlessly critical as the SSC critics.

I'd like to see more differentiation in texture. It's obviously all molded plastic, but the screen character had slimy seaweek, rough coral, ragged cloth, etc. This kind of looks no better than the 12" NECA.

Yeah, I would of prefered a cloth outfit, with molded coral and other things attached to it. but if it's all flexable rubber, then I can live with it.

I'd like to see more differentiation in texture. It's obviously all molded plastic, but the screen character had slimy seaweek, rough coral, ragged cloth, etc. This kind of looks no better than the 12" NECA.

My thoughts as well.

A 1:6 body over a molded plastic shell is lame.

The sculpt and accessories are nice but this figure isn't worth the average Hot Toys price.

I'll disagree on that its not worth it, but I I do think fabric that had been coated would probably look better. I think this is definitely the best Davy I've seen in the scale... but it is possible he might be a bit too shiny overall.

I agree. The Neca sculpt is just as good. On the shelf you will have saved yourself $100.

The textures will be better on the Hot Toys one, having a mixture of plastic and silicon. It will have more articulation. Be able to hold a cane and a sword, have some added extra accessories, the pipe, chest, heart, cane/sword, keys. I would think it will loose lower body articulation, cause he'll probably only be able to stand. So basically it will look the same as Neca's. From Hot Toy$ pics, it's great eye candy.

I agree. The Neca sculpt is just as good. On the shelf you will have saved yourself $100.

The textures will be better on the Hot Toys one, having a mixture of plastic and silicon. It will have more articulation. Be able to hold a cane and a sword, have some added extra accessories, the pipe, chest, heart, cane/sword, keys. I would think it will loose lower body articulation, cause he'll probably only be able to stand. So basically it will look the same as Neca's. From Hot Toy$ pics, it's great eye candy.

Couldn't have said it better. :cool:

I am more than pleased with Hot Toys representation with the figure. I know there will be limited articulation and no cloth in the figure may make it more "toy" like, but I really dont see how HT could have done it any other way. Given the design of the character I dont know how you could translate it to 1/6 any better.

That said, it does look a lot like the Neca figure, but in person will be undoubtedly better.

He looks awesome, wow! Unlike Neca's, it actually looks like him. But, I'm content with the 16" Disney Excl which also looks like him.....i'm holding out for Barbossa and Tia Dalma, all I want. Though I might get that Cannibal Jack, we'll see, but Tia and Barbossa are where its at and at the top of my want list.

I read on here someone said it'd be available fouth quarter 2008, I just got the hot toys newsletter and it said second quarter 2008. Now to decide do I keep the NECA 12" or buy the Hot Toys. I think what'll decide it for me is the articulation on Ol' Davy

I think Barbossa is a given at this point... in my mind Davy was the outsider due to his complexity.

I want Barbossa and I want him to come with his monkey! Then I want Teague with the Dog. *Sigh* I want them all now.

Back