SSC G.I. Joe Black Dragon Ninja

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Until recently, waiting for something to be in stock was never an option if you wanted it :lol

I don't think the CC PF EX ever went back in stock despite us thinking it would.

Meh, par for the course if you wanna be exclusive. It's not like they're Amok who take your $$$ and then make excuses as to why you're not seeing what you ordered years after the fact.

BTW, PM sent. :wink1:

:lol Amok Time. Good example of why charging for something you don't have in hand yet (or made) can be a very slipperly slope. I mean at least its just customs holding up these figures and not production 'issues' like Amok, but the same principle applies IMO.

And yeah, being Elite is more important than a minor annoyance like waiting for things you've been charged for to show up. In a week or so we'll be in awe over Zartan (and maybe this guy) and we'll all probably all forget about the horrible charge and wait period :lol

I would be lying if I said it isnt a bit of a disapointment, and this is not the normal sideshow charging practice from what i've experianced in the past, but its not a big deal. I just want my ninja:gah:

Charging my card one week prior to shipping the item is disappointing but still acceptable. If I buy any items off eBay, it generally can take up to 2 weeks for the seller to ship and I pay more for shipping.

Just hope that Sideshow don't adopt this bad habit on a more regular basis. ;)

Its just the point of the thing. If a seller on ebay sells something he doesn't have in hand yet, its frowned upon and against the rules. Why should Sideshow be held to a different standard. Don't charge people until you have the item. Why else specify date x as the charging date if you aren't going to have them for another couple of weeks? I just thing money should trade hands when the thing you are paying for is as well.

Its like the opposite of Wimpy. I'll pay you today for a Hamburger on Tuesday. :cuckoo:

And we know they would never do this the other way around: Sending us the figure before we paid for it :lol I just don't think getting what you paid for when you pay for it is that unreasonable to ask. I just think "Out the door in 24" needs to be extended to their charging of incoming pre-order items as well. If they can't have it out in 24 hours, then hold off on charging for it :dunno

The funny thing is, it worked out better for me that they charged me for them this week since I've got other stuff charging next week, so it would have been a real tough week on the old credit card :lol

I dont care that they charge me, but blaming on shipping delays is BS. Them or their logistics provider can easily track all this when its arriving, and if there are customs issues then they should know about these also. Cargo released at pier and being picked up, then charge us and send the notification. No excuse

I dont care that they charge me, but blaming on shipping delays is BS. Them or their logistics provider can easily track all this when its arriving, and if there are customs issues then they should know about these also. Cargo released at pier and being picked up, then charge us and send the notification. No excuse

A customs delay is valid. Sometimes customs will have a container marked for inspection and discover something in another container that gets marked priority, so your scheduled inspection gets postponed. :huh

Not to rain on anyones parade, but in my experience, customs delays can be up to 6 full weeks(if a shipment is flagged). Something tells me this is not a customs delay, it's a manufacturers delay. That, or the folks at sideshow are having an epic war with a few thousand dollies over the weekend.:wink1:

A customs delay is valid. Sometimes customs will have a container marked for inspection and discover something in another container that gets marked priority, so your scheduled inspection gets postponed. :huh

Thats not how it works. At this point im sure SS uses someone well versed on how clear cargo and that they are signed up for for all the priority programs (CTPAT). Prior to arrival they would know that the container has been marked for inspection, and at that point yes there i no timeline per say, but dont send notices out until completion. In the event that it is marked after clearance (happens) it doesnt take longer than 48 hrs for the inspection if any.

Again if you are part of the priortiy programs and import the same items on a regular basis, the chances of full (empty the container) inspection, are very limited.

Stupid Chinese New Years.

Why they gotta mess with customs even after it's over..... :dunno

Not to rain on anyones parade, but in my experience, customs delays can be up to 6 full weeks(if a shipment is flagged). Something tells me this is not a customs delay, it's a manufacturers delay. That, or the folks at sideshow are having an epic war with a few thousand dollies over the weekend.:wink1:

If it was a manufacturing delay, you'd need to add a few more weeks to allow for shipping across the pacific and clearance through customs. Though, the second option might be a possibility. :lol

Thats not how it works. At this point im sure SS uses someone well versed on how clear cargo and that they are signed up for for all the priority programs (CTPAT). Prior to arrival they would know that the container has been marked for inspection, and at that point yes there i no timeline per say, but dont send notices out until completion. In the event that it is marked after clearance (happens) it doesnt take longer than 48 hrs for the inspection if any.

Again if you are part of the priortiy programs and import the same items on a regular basis, the chances of full (empty the container) inspection, are very limited.

We'll agree to disagree then. I see it regularly in the airsoft industry, where other shipments are delayed because customs had to prioritize an inspection on another container which meant that, say, KWA's container which was also flagged wouldn't get checked until after the flagged/priority container was thoroughly inspected.

We do need another Joe reveal STAT! I know we jut got Snake Eyes v2, but other than that, we have what, just the CG? We are getting light on Joe orders again! :horror

Given they already said that we should prepare for the line to slow up a bit, I'm betting we get two reveals at SDCC and an in-stock Ex. Fingers crossed on the last one, though if it's another Ninja (unless it's Billy, Jinx or Kamakura), I'll likely pass. They hinted at Scarface a while back, so there's potential there. :pray:

If it was a manufacturing delay, you'd need to add a few more weeks to allow for shipping across the pacific and clearance through customs. Though, the second option might be a possibility. :lol

We'll agree to disagree then. I see it regularly in the airsoft industry, where other shipments are delayed because customs had to prioritize an inspection on another container which meant that, say, KWA's container which was also flagged wouldn't get checked until after the flagged/priority container was thoroughly inspected.

Were the containers on the same shipment IE same bill of lading, its the bill that is put on hold and not the container. So if you have 2 containers of Air soft equipment and one is going for inspection, they are both held until the exam is done.

Think we get Destro and Baroness at SDCC and thats it for the year.

Were the containers on the same shipment IE same bill of lading, its the bill that is put on hold and not the container. So if you have 2 containers of Air soft equipment and one is going for inspection, they are both held until the exam is done.

Think we get Destro and Baroness at SDCC and thats it for the year.

I really hope those are the two revealed at SDCC. I see us getting another Cobra and a Joe though.

hey i spoke with someone in ss and they told me that destro could be the one that they will show,,hope thats true

Back