Rene Belloq 12" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a bad looking figure. I'd like to see some pics of the jacket closed.

Here's the jacket closed -- you see the problem:

Belloq1stFUTZ3.jpg

Belloq1stFUTZ4.jpg

I think thats how ties were really worn in the 30's.

Belloq's was actually slimmer and longer, a much more normal tie. I have a great pic of it when Indy pushes the table away before the children rush in... but I don't have it uploaded.

I think if you just cut the snap off, leave the jacket open and dump the bad tie, you'd have a nice Cairo Dig version of Belloq.

So where's all the other Belloq receivers? I know two more people got theirs. No pics, no opinions?

...OK, first futz done:

Belloq1stFUTZ1.jpg
Belloq1stFUTZ2.jpg

Well, as long as I can futz mine around a bit to get him to look like this, jacket open (thus I'll be removing the snap as well), and I'll have to get the 'powder blue' shirt as well:

294.jpg

I'm ditching the shirt and tie he comes with...Oh, and his pants do look pretty high-waisted in this shot anyways...so that might be OK.

Selling him with an accessory he actually never shares a scene with makes sense? :huh

Yea but he's on the same continent. He actually holds the idol in his hands.

They could have at least done the light blue open dress shirt instead of that awful looking tie.

Here's the jacket closed -- you see the problem:

Belloq1stFUTZ3.jpg

Belloq1stFUTZ4.jpg

Wow thats not good at all. I may send this guy back, I'm not as excited about the Idol Chamber as I thought I'd be. IMO that jacket is not acceptable tailoring for this price.

Nice pics WG. This really does look like a mixed bag. The idol chamber is fantastic but Belloq looks like a big step backwards for SS. I guess you just have to think of him as the accessory and the chamber as the figure.

That's the pic! You see the tie length. You see the shirt color. This figure is very wrong.

For the price, this is one of the more disappointing figures I've received from SS. It's like I have to personally customize a completely different version than the one they've sent me to get it to look acceptable.

I'm sure I'll be happier with a Tanis Dig Belloq, and this will work, but... why do I have to make it after I spent $160?

Back