Sideshow 1/6 ROTLA Toht image thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on the purchase, dwing! Looking at Toht now he does look a bit dated especially comparing him with what is possible nowadays. But I'm glad I got him. And I'm glad to have the Ark. Yeah, the finish isn't what it should be, but it's still a nice, well-sculpted piece.

Congrats on the purchase, dwing! Looking at Toht now he does look a bit dated especially comparing him with what is possible nowadays. But I'm glad I got him. And I'm glad to have the Ark. Yeah, the finish isn't what it should be, but it's still a nice, well-sculpted piece.

Looks like a new set of glasses (to hide the old paintjob) and this Toht would stack up pretty well. He looks a little sunburnt (you think of Toht being pasty pale) but I guess Toht sorta was sunburnt in the desert scenes. The sculpt is pretty nice and that suit/coat looks great.

Always displayed him with melting head, but now I switched and it is like a complete new figure.

He is on Hot Toys body, and also hands and glasses "upgraded"

A little under appreciated figure if you ask me.

And the Hasbro ark is a super companion piece.

Good to see some of these older figures getting some love!

Nice job with the upgrades! I still like mine and am happy I got him and the whole line, but they all definitely look "not quite up to current standards".

Good to see some of these older figures getting some love!

Nice job with the upgrades! I still like mine and am happy I got him and the whole line, but they all definitely look "not quite up to current standards".

Yeah, Toht doesn't hold up too badly at all to current standards because of the hat and glasses (I upgraded too - twice.) I like this guy so much I bought two - like for $50 each 2 years ago - and so have both heads displayed. Henry is actually a pretty great paint job for "old SSC" standards, one of the best. On a taller body he looks great next to HT figures.

All those old SSC figs were so short - I looked at a few the other day and some are more in the 11- 11 1/2" range, even Indy (who should be 12 1/2" in scale,) it's one of the reasons the SSC heads look oversized.

Belloq to my eye is one that's just old/very bad SSC apps, not great sculpt, not much to redeem it - very dated.

Yeah, Toht doesn't hold up too badly at all to current standards because of the hat and glasses (I upgraded too - twice.) I like this guy so much I bought two - like for $50 each 2 years ago - and so have both heads displayed. Henry is actually a pretty great paint job for "old SSC" standards, one of the best. On a taller body he looks great next to HT figures.

All those old SSC figs were so short - I looked at a few the other day and some are more in the 11- 11 1/2" range, even Indy (who should be 12 1/2" in scale,) it's one of the reasons the SSC heads look oversized.

Belloq to my eye is one that's just old/very bad SSC apps, not great sculpt, not much to redeem it - very dated.

Yeah, i just left belloq in the box. But i wanted that temple pedestal so badly....
Toht is a great figure! He was almost there, but was let down by those crappy glasses.
Toht and Henry snr were the best in the original line imo.

Yeah, those first Pros that Sideshow put out were short and floppy and the proportions are terrible. I'm annoyed that they're still using them like they did for Hoth Han of all figures!

Even just moving them from the original short Pros to the tall Pros like I did for my Indy figures makes a huge difference. The body isn't perfect and not as good proportion-wise or how it articulates naturally as the True Type, but it's very passable and all the joints (head, hands, feet) fit without having to do any mods.

I'm fine with Belloq. Hey, it was only $150 with the pedestal! The suit on him is actually pretty good--very nice fit and better than Toht's suit fit. I believe people have used it for a Michael Jackson Smooth Criminal bash.

I forgot how bad those Toht glasses were! Someday I'll replace them...

Despite their shortcomings I'm glad I got the whole line when I did. I don't think I would get any of those secondary characters now, what with the prices being so high. Frack! I bet they release Mola Ram with the mine cart in order to get people to buy him! :mad:

Yeah, those first Pros that Sideshow put out were short and floppy and the proportions are terrible. I'm annoyed that they're still using them like they did for Hoth Han of all figures!

Even just moving them from the original short Pros to the tall Pros like I did for my Indy figures makes a huge difference. The body isn't perfect and not as good proportion-wise or how it articulates naturally as the True Type, but it's very passable and all the joints (head, hands, feet) fit without having to do any mods.

I'm fine with Belloq. Hey, it was only $150 with the pedestal! The suit on him is actually pretty good--very nice fit and better than Toht's suit fit. I believe people have used it for a Michael Jackson Smooth Criminal bash.

I forgot how bad those Toht glasses were! Someday I'll replace them...

Despite their shortcomings I'm glad I got the whole line when I did. I don't think I would get any of those secondary characters now, what with the prices being so high. Frack! I bet they release Mola Ram with the mine cart in order to get people to buy him! :mad:

The short bodies work for short people like Toht and Belloq but Indy and Henry are crazy short. I had no idea they were so undersized until I started to build "extra tall" Indy to go with the new Arab horse - and realized he was actually the right height for 1/6 Indy at 12 1/2". Put him next to stock SSC bodies and they look like little brothers. Currently I just have figs like Lando and Henry with the ankle pegs pulled all the way out and they start to approach 12" but yeah SSC bodies are way short.

You'll never see another Toht 1/6th figure made. Ever.

There is hope...

Ronald Lacey Fan Club

:lol

Wor-Gar look what you made me do! Bought it only because of your avatar and it was good deal. Arrived today brand new. Really great figure never ever thought i will get it. I grown up on 80s movies Indy is my favorite same as BTTF and SW and 007 and Terminator, Rambo, Predator and so on😄 (sh.t just came on my mind SW TLJ how can you even compare that thing with 80s). Never will forget night when my brother and I saw it in local cinema. Such a great memories.
DX05 on the way too cant wait it to join him. 20180221181211.jpgi

Wor-Gar look what you made me do! Bought it only because of your avatar and it was good deal. Arrived today brand new. Really great figure never ever thought i will get it. I grown up on 80s movies Indy is my favorite same as BTTF and SW and 007 and Terminator, Rambo, Predator and so on�� (sh.t just came on my mind SW TLJ how can you even compare that thing with 80s). Never will forget night when my brother and I saw it in local cinema. Such a great memories.
DX05 on the way too cant wait it to join him.View attachment 395028i

Nearly ten years old, but still a pretty cool figure. The pro bodies need their stands though, floppy as all #$@!

:clap :clap :clap

Jabba -- you have great taste! I can't wait until you open him up. Faults and all, Toht is still a great figure and I still can't believe it got made in 1/6th.

And you get the melty face too. Such a bonus!!!

Glad you have this figure to enjoy. :duff

Does anyone have a Sideshow Ark they want to get rid of? Another post in this section prompted me to dig up this old thread.

Has anyone tried the Molecule8 John Lennon glasses on the Toht head? They seem like they would be too small.

Has anyone tried the Molecule8 John Lennon glasses on the Toht head? They seem like they would be too small.

I have! And yes, they are a wee bit too small -- but not by much. Still, those Lennon glasses look miles better than anything else I've seen, and I've been looking for Toht glasses since 2000. Actually its the oversized head of the Sideshow Toht that's the real problem but I don't see ever getting another 1/6 replacement head.

Back