DX09 KEATON BATMAN: residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far only 2 people have this problem,and the last one doesn't look like oil leaking,more like a glue job by clumsy fingers.

No need to panic yet,unless more people experience the same thing.

flat.jpg

What I said was valid, the only thing dumb is people thinking that a figure made of rubber and plastic can leak a petroleum by product. It just can't. People need to be more cautious with there figures and to take care of them.

If someone came up to me and said "My god, my batman is leaking oil!" I would be more suspect of the person and how they took care of the figure rather then believing the batman figure could be the source of a million dollar oil well...

Well I have had my HT batman for a while now and it hasn't leaked anything and it can't. Whatever you guys are doing to your figures to get petroleum on them, it can't be good.

This whole "leaky Batmen" thing is just stupid.

What I said was valid, the only thing dumb is people thinking that a figure made of rubber and plastic can leak a petroleum by product. It just can't. People need to be more cautious with there figures and to take care of them.

If someone came up to me and said "My god, my batman is leaking oil!" I would be more suspect of the person and how they took care of the figure rather then believing the batman figure could be the source of a million dollar oil well...

So it's abundantly clear you're a total newb to this, so I'll kindly refer you to the DX02 thread (<-- click on that) in which you'll learn that HT's rubber figures were leaking oil despite being factory fresh. Also note the poll and other loudmouthed members talking the same ____ as you. Pay close attention to the names. Most of them return later in that thread to report that karma had bitten them hard in the ass as their figures were also leaking oil. If after reading that thread, you still think this is just a non-issue, might I suggest you visit your proctologist to have your brain examined.

Rubber is made from, wait for it... Oil :lecture

"the bulk of the rubber produced is the synthetic variety which is derived from petroleum (oil)"

All plastics are made from petroleum and synthetic rubber is made from plastic. If the bonding process is not handled correctly, oil can leech out of the plastic or rubber.

So it's abundantly clear you're a total newb to this, so I'll kindly refer you to the DX02 thread (<-- click on that) in which you'll learn that HT's rubber figures were leaking oil despite being factory fresh. If after reading that thread, you still think this is just a non-issue, might I suggest you visit your proctologist to have your brain examined.

Oh I'm well aware of that and I have that figure and never had any problems. If what people were saying was true, someone should call the oil companies and tell them to stop drilling for oil. All they need to do is making rubber/plastic Batman figures...

Back