Spider-Man Far From Home (2019)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Calm down Wezzy. I love Spider-Man too. He has more good movies than he does bad.

Off the top of my head, Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, Spider-Verse, Home Coming and Far From Home all range from decent to great. His cameo in Civil War is good too.

The only real stinkers are ASM and ASM2. Even Spider-Man 3, while a massive disappointment after 2, has some decent moments and charm to it.

It?s not all doom and gloom. Basically, Spider-Man on film has had it pretty good overall.

I mean this is true. They weren?t horrible movies but I just don?t trust them with the brand.

I remember in comic con 2013 everyone clapped for Loki but when Spider-Man showed up at his panel it was dead.

That?s how bad it was. Now Spider-Man is pretty much where he needs to be in terms of status. Best selling hero game, billion dollar movie, most impactful moment in cinema in 2018 with him dying and coming back. Now it may go back to where it was before with small time heroes out shining the character.

I love the mcu and everything but I wouldn?t be nearly as invested if it wasn?t for Spider-Man?s inclusion. It felt naked.

People say spiderverse was so great but imo it was only good. It wasn?t the definitive Spider-Man film it was just a good movie.

Wow her argument doesn?t make a lick of sense she really should be embarrassed for releasing a statement as ridiculous as that.

So let me get this straight.

1. Disney/Marvel are disgusting for profiting off Spiderman but then she says that Sony has the same intentions but that?s ok.

WTF kind of stupidity is that.

Umm is the USA still a capitalist profit driven country?

Is the USA still a capitalist society where corporations are built for destruction of anything and everything that gets in the way of making their CEOs and shareholders billions meaning stealing, lying, cheating, suing, cooking, diverting, hiding and yes even murdering.

It is....ok then can someone tell her she?s an idiot.

It?s all business she?s just pissed her trust fund is not what she hoped it would be.

She didn?t create Spiderman so GTFO.

2. Disney/Marvel didn?t respect her father?

Ummm did Disney put a gun to his head for all of those cameos and make him do them for free?

No, then STFU you imbecile of a daughter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is the woman accused of elder abuse against her father, Stan Lee. She also gets money from Sony, but nothing from Disney. She's even more of a money grubber than Disney or Sony.

Look it up, she's got quite a history.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I mean this is true. They weren?t horrible movies but I just don?t trust them with the brand.

I remember in comic con 2013 everyone clapped for Loki but when Spider-Man showed up at his panel it was dead.

That?s how bad it was. Now Spider-Man is pretty much where he needs to be in terms of status. Best selling hero game, billion dollar movie, most impactful moment in cinema in 2018 with him dying and coming back. Now it may go back to where it was before with small time heroes out shining the character.

I love the mcu and everything but I wouldn?t be nearly as invested if it wasn?t for Spider-Man?s inclusion. It felt naked.

People say spiderverse was so great but imo it was only good. It wasn?t the definitive Spider-Man film it was just a good movie.

Yep like you said even if Peter stayed in the MCU I don't see how anything going forward can ever top his IW dusting and subsequent return in EG. And as far as the MCU feeling naked well remember we no longer have IM, Cap, BW, male hammer wielding Thor, etc., in the MCU either so if Peter leaves then he's in really good company.

And speaking of SM3 I saw this for the first time recently and thought it was pretty funny. I thought the absurdity would be heightened without the music but it actually comes across less goofy and more like him just being an oddball New Yorker that no one would really pay any mind to, lol.

Entertainment Creation Corporations should be the last corporate structure to ever be criticized about how they profit.

No entertainment creation corporation ever put a gun to anyones head forcing them to:

Work there
Go to their movies
Buy their movies
Watch their network tv shows
Subscribe to their web based channels
Buy their toys
Buy their apparel
etc
etc
etc

Disney didn?t force me to watch MCU movies multiple times in the theater then purchase multiple dvd?s and collectibles I did that ON MY OWN!

If you want to label a corporation greedy and despicable then go after corporations acting poorly who have products you are legally forced to purchase like insurance or medicine for example.

But entertainment corporations please spare me the evil speech Disney is no more evil than every other Hollywood studio.

Now will Disney hire an army of lawyers just for the sole purpose of scamming creators and employees out of their own profits and benefits either thru takeovers and contractual negotiations YOU BET YOUR ASS THEY WILL!

You know what?s that called, AMERICA!

Deal with it.

Stan Lee?s daughter is a hypocrite who is extorting thru the court of public emotions.

Since she?s claiming that Disney is despicable and greedy she?s perfectly in good company.

xfG5gVk.jpg

Not true actually. EG writers Markus and McFeely said that Disney *did* give them the go ahead on including Netflix heroes in EG's final battle but they determined that the culmination of the entire MCU was not a good time to confuse everyone who doesn't have a Netflix subscription when they should be cheering instead:

"yay," lol

Also Markus said that in order for the Netflix heroes to come out of the portals then that would mean that they'd all gotten dusted which would have eliminated them from their own shows' continuity for the entire five year gap and back when they were writing EG they had no indication that those shows wouldn't be continuing.

:lol :lol

But, Howard the Duck came out of a portal.... So the general audience is going to know who that is and not Daredevil and Punisher???? GTFO.
Also since the Netflix shows have been sh t canned, it would've allowed them to reintroduce the Netflix heroes into the MCU because of the snap.
It's not going to happen now. F'n Disney.

Who said anything about Netflix I certainly never mentioned Netflix lol

It?s common knowledge now that Marvel was rebooting those Netflix characters with new actors for the MCU.

Well If I have to live with reboots of the excellent Netflix Dardevil and Punisher, then you'll have to live with a reboot of that lackluster Tom Holland Spider-Man. I guess no ones happy with Disney right now.

So you are perfectly fine with Spiderman being a sidekick to Iron Man, than be his own persona, i mean it was lame all the characters such as mysterio, Vulture were all created by Stark, i mean common We got decent Spiderman Films with identity and then Spiderman as a b character, granted he was part of the shared universe but still was not his own self in regards to him developing further, how can sony screw this up. Venom vs Carnage vs Spiderman, Finally seeing the Sinister Six??? You keep saying Spiderverse was allright but facts are facts, it won an oscar AGAINST Disney animated films. The only reach Disney does not have is Video games.

So you are perfectly fine with Spiderman being a sidekick to Iron Man, than be his own persona, i mean it was lame all the characters such as mysterio, Vulture were all created by Stark, i mean common We got decent Spiderman Films with identity and then Spiderman as a b character, granted he was part of the shared universe but still was not his own self in regards to him developing further, how can sony screw this up. Venom vs Carnage vs Spiderman, Finally seeing the Sinister Six??? You keep saying Spiderverse was allright but facts are facts, it won an oscar AGAINST Disney animated films. The only reach Disney does not have is Video games.

The animation Oscar category is a pretty narrow field, I wouldn't use that as evidence of it's greatness, and I liked Spiderverse.

It's competition was...

Ralph Breaks the Internet
Incredibles 2
Mirai
And Isle of Dogs

I have seen all but one of those, and to a degree, they were all disappointments

The Iron Boy criticism just keeps coming up. And that is exactly why I think future movies within the MCU would have addressed it. But now I guess we'll never know unless they get back in the room and work something out. I don't care who was at fault for the breakdown, I just hope it is resolved otherwise, yeah, my interest in the MCU going forward just took a major hit. And not sure I'd be all that interested in Sony's solo ventures after the bad taste in the mouth this whole thing would leave.

Spiderman is spiderman, they were clearly testing waters since they could not pull off a live action film due to the mcu contract hence this and venom, The difference being of course the fact that people were banking on Incredibles 2 to take it home or Ralph Breaks the Internet, A freaking Pixar film and Walt Disney Studios motion picture, with Sony and won?

Spiderman is spiderman, they were clearly testing waters since they could not pull off a live action film due to the mcu contract hence this and venom, The difference being of course the fact that people were banking on Incredibles 2 to take it home or Ralph Breaks the Internet, A freaking Pixar film and Walt Disney Studios motion picture, with Sony and won?

Cars, Cars 2, Cars 3, and The Good Dinosaur are also Pixar/Disney films, so what? Pixar had a great track record but it's not immune from disappointment, something I think many felt from Incredibles 2.

And Ralph Breaks the Internet shouldn't have even been made. It's not horrible, but it wasn't that good either

Spiderverse blows what Disney has made out of the water hence the Oscar, I am happy that he cant get back to marvel time to strike out on his own and not this iron man junior crap no other character has been coddled like spiderman in his own movie. Its ridiculous the one scene which moved me was the tribute to comics when we was trapped under the rumble other then that it's a joke he is either interacting with his side kick or his A.I. and the suit its nonsense. And his love interest is acting like and idiot in the first movie. Such a dumb role for such a talented actress.

Spiderman has the best villains and stories in the marvel universe there is a reason he is the flag ship character. Disney is trying to get their hands on him.

And yes avengers movies are great but the they come at the expense of solo movies where they have to abide by certain story points . I have to have these scene where thor goes and looks for the stones , or stark has a dream or infinity stones have to be in eveymovie. So instead of the setting up a new Normand Osbourne no we have spiderman helping out his buddy Tony and recovery left over stuff from the avengers movie. So each movie is subservient to the larger story arch.

Spiderman in the MCU was the equivalent to a live action version of that horrible ultimate spiderman cartoon complete with nick fury and all.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I can?t believe i?m actually here arguing with fellow geeks on why Spiderman belongs home at Marvel and NOT at some Japanese corporation known for making TV?s!

Look all corporations are about making a profit why is Disney being demonized over the other studios why are they being singled out for being successful isn?t that everyones goal in life!

What?s next ExxonMobil buys the rights to Batman lol

I mean holy crap this is not rocket science!

Peanut Butter goes with Jelly

Batman goes with DC

a-dev goes with Terminator

Snikt goes with Vampires

Oscorp goes with angry forbidden sex in view of hot toys

Hulk goes with humiliation

AND YES SPIDERMAN GOES WITH MARVEL for crying out loud why is this even being contested :slap

Sorry that Disney bought Marvel.

2 Raimi movies and a mediocre cartoon is not enough justification to take Spiderman AWAY FROM Marvel!

I guess Sony should?ve bought Marvel before Disney did BUT THEY DIDN?T so now deal with it Disney owns Marvel!

Last edited:
Back