GI Joe Official Movie Publicity Photos - LARGE PICS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think Storm shadow is wearing sneakers become it give better foot control and isn't rigid?

Poppy-^^^^! Tabi are much better than sneakers in both aspects.

:lecture

They just went with sneakers because Stephen Sommers is ^^^^ing lame.

well they'd look stupid if they wore the outfits that the toys had.... i'm assuming in this movie they use bullets not lasers and that people will ACTUALLY get shot.. dame shame when you have 75 cobra against 15 joes and no one gets hit on either side.
i think Storm shadow is wearing sneakers become it give better foot control and isn't rigid?

How would characters that wear military clothing like their figure counterparts be silly? Granted, some were reaching, but most were realistic military clothes.

And there were far more than 15 Joes. They also have the "greenshirts" which is like a national guard, for backup.

As for lasers and deaths, it was a figgin cartoon for kids, dumbass :lol:rotfl

I think the cartoon gets too much play, frankly. To me, the quintessential RAH is the run of Marvel comics by Larry Hama, particularly the first 50 issues.

And, as those familiar with the comics know there WERE machine guns, bombs, knives, swords, missles, etc... and many, many deaths. The cartoon was a pussified, campy version of the books.

Did you know that that squad was originally meant to be the Joes, and that the real GI Joe movie would be a spinoff from Transformers? Pity that got dropped midway in preproduction though...Would have been better then the crap we ended up getting.:monkey4

Ya know, now that I think of it--weren't the jets in the desert scene Rattlers?

Poppy-^^^^! Tabi are much better than sneakers in both aspects.

:lecture

They just went with sneakers because Stephen Sommers is ^^^^ing lame.

Absolutely, Tabi Boots (Jikatabi) are the preferred footwear of Japanese ironworkers walking on skyscraper beams.
If they use them in such a precarious situation, I'm sure they're better then sneakers. :lecture

IrishJedi said:
I think the cartoon gets too much play, frankly. To me, the quintessential RAH is the run of Marvel comics by Larry Hama, particularly the first 50 issues.

And, as those familiar with the comics know there WERE machine guns, bombs, knives, swords, missles, etc... and many, many deaths. The cartoon was a pussified, campy version of the books.
limitations like no killing and laser fire can often result in some very interesting stories, it forces greater creativity.
I prefer either comic or cartoon, so it's not a huge deal. But when I played with my Joes and Cobras, they often died only to become resurrected for the battle next week as I'm sure your Joes did as well, or did you leave yours in permanent graves? :p

Last edited:
Absolutely, Tabi Boots (Jikatabi) are the preferred footwear of Japanese ironworkers walking on skyscraper beams.
If they use them in such a precarious situation, I'm sure they're better then sneakers. :lecture

limitations like no killing and laser fire can often result some very interesting stories, it forces greater creativity.

Yup. Kinda like how the tv edited Ren & Stimpy is 100 times funnier than the uncut Ren & Stimpy.

Agreed. The Uncut Ren & Stimpy loses a lot from what we see on TV.

limitations like no killing and laser fire can often result in some very interesting stories, it forces greater creativity.
I prefer either comic or cartoon, so it's not a huge deal. But when I played with my Joes and Cobras, they often died only to become resurrected for the battle next week as I'm sure your Joes did as well, or did you leave yours in permanent graves? :p

No, I'm the violent type, and many of my original Joes and Cobras met their fates at the wrong end of a Black Cat firecracker. Hence why I'm all over the 25th Anniversary figures. I'm making up for past sins. :lol

(I do still have several of my original figures... including '82 Snake-Eyes w/out swivel arm... in decent condition).

I do see what you mean about limitations forcing creativity, but surely you're not inferring that the cartoons were even close to as well-written as the comics.

Yup. Kinda like how the tv edited Ren & Stimpy is 100 times funnier than the uncut Ren & Stimpy.

Was the uncut the one they ran on Spike TV?
That was a very unfunny version of the show, the original is miles better.
POWDERED TOAST MAAAAAAN!!!

No, I'm the violent type, and many of my original Joes and Cobras met their fates at the wrong end of a Black Cat firecracker. Hence why I'm all over the 25th Anniversary figures. I'm making up for past sins. :lol

(I do still have several of my original figures... including '82 Snake-Eyes w/out swivel arm... in decent condition).

I do see what you mean about limitations forcing creativity, but surely you're not inferring that the cartoons were even close to as well-written as the comics.
No, not better just different with some good ideas. Anything is better then those Devil's Due comics though.
I remember playing in the back yard and I dropped a large rock on my Spirit because he got hit by shrapnel, I looked around after and all I found of him was a broken arm. :D It was fun to destroy them sometimes, too bad Firecrackers were illegal in So. California.

I didn't think I own anything from my original Joes, but just this past weakened I found in a box my old Skystriker seat and parachute, probably about the only thing I have left.

You sick little monkey!!!!!

No, not better just different with some good ideas. Anything is better then those Devil's Due comics though.
I remember playing in the back yard and I dropped a large rock on my Spirit because he got hit by shrapnel, I looked around after and all I found of him was a broken arm. :D It was fun to destroy them sometimes, too bad Firecrackers were illegal in So. California.

I didn't think I own anything from my original Joes, but just this past weakened I found in a box my old Skystriker seat and parachute, probably about the only thing I have left.

Yea, that's what was so great about toys back in the day, it's not like it is now. Back then, you could blow up and break your figures, and then just go to the store and get another. A figure would be available for a couple years, not a few months like now.

Yea, that's what was so great about toys back in the day, it's not like it is now. Back then, you could blow up and break your figures, and then just go to the store and get another. A figure would be available for a couple years, not a few months like now.

And the figures were like $1.99

I was just reminded that I used to launch some JOES in Estes model rockets as well. :lol

I have very fond memories of my friend and I throwing [his] 1982 Flash as high as we could into the air and then watching as he fell from an imaginary Skystriker with malfunctioning parachute. He survived almost a dozen plunges onto the driveway asphalt. Of course the last couple of falls he might have been missing a limb or too. :lol I didn't keep a single figure from my childhood. :monkey2

I have very fond memories of my friend and I throwing [his] 1982 Flash as high as we could into the air and then watching as he fell from an imaginary Skystriker with malfunctioning parachute. He survived almost a dozen plunges onto the driveway asphalt. Of course the last couple of falls he might have been missing a limb or too. :lol I didn't keep a single figure from my childhood. :monkey2

I have every single one.:D

I have every single one.:D

So do I. And I hadn't put them all out until recent and I realized how bad-ass they were--even post 1990 when I kinda cut my hardcore, collect them all mentality down.
DSC06762.jpg
DSC06763.jpg

DSC06764.jpg

I mess around with my Joes more than anything else I have! They're constantly getting rearranged. Can't put 'em down! :rock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back