1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20190424_160916.jpg

I think the ESB's only major flaw for me is a kind of stocky appearance that I'm going to turn my eyes towards modifying at some point.

He was played by a real life bodybuilder to be fair. The stockiness is accurate.

He was played by a real life bodybuilder to be fair. The stockiness is accurate.

I get it, I just think I need to either mod or futz away what I perceive as shorter legs. Could be just an issue with the codpiece positioning.

Of course, how someone is shot on film can also change our perception of their appearance, so there is that to contend with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the consensus on this figure? Don't really own much Star Wars yet, just a FO trooper but I've got a Sideshow coupon about to expire and Vader seems like a great place to start.

What's the consensus on this figure? Don't really own much Star Wars yet, just a FO trooper but I've got a Sideshow coupon about to expire and Vader seems like a great place to start.

This piece has its share of detractors and fans.

Best Vader outta the box along with Rogue One, but like all HT Vaders has issues. Each has pros and cons.

I really dig it, but if you’re a hardcore screen accuracy nut, it might drive you insane.

Best Vader out there so far for 1:6, they all have their nitpicks but out of the box and futzed it really looks like he jumped out from episode V to stand on your shelf.

北京国安;10047395 said:
Custom drape cape & wire cape by Jaxon

3d871c31713dc42b8856c89eeab32f33.jpg
c41db291779957e6564da65f2e8c5644.jpg
d5a6fb1744ee3ded333b10a221961cd1.jpg

0b092a138f3de4ec7c8a45929bfc25e7.jpg
0116739074e635902f2518fb2c97a3b2.jpg

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Hey. I´m trying to send you a PM but you have the inbox full.
Your work in ESB cape and tunic and is awesome. Is possible to get it for my rogue one vader? I believe bodies are different in size. Rogue one is taller and maybe bulkier.
And if is possible, how much does it cost? Thanks

Finally cracked this guy open to set up. I didnt know the right hand options were kind of limited, I do a lot of museum posing and had to settle on him holding the saber, otherwise a very nice piece, I really love the weight of the cape and the helmet

Hi, i just recently got my ESB Vader. The downward tusk is annoying but I can look past that.

I got a question, does the shoulder armor really that tight? I used to have Sideshow Vader with basically free moving shoulder armor. HT kind of restrict the movement especially if Im trying to have the hand up. Afraid I’ll break it. Any workaround?

Agreed. If anything 434 looks best to my eye.

While the MMS388 Rogue One Darth Vader is the best action figure that ever lived I must admit that I modified him a little bit. I switched out his shoulder armor and shin guards to the MMS434 A New Hope versions. The MMS388 shoulder armor stuck out while the MMS434 version is angled downward and is smaller which is nice and the MMS388 shin guards were way too narrow especially around the ankles while the MMS434 versions are broad and are shaped way better. Pictures forthcoming.

Hi, i just recently got my ESB Vader. The downward tusk is annoying but I can look past that.

I got a question, does the shoulder armor really that tight? I used to have Sideshow Vader with basically free moving shoulder armor. HT kind of restrict the movement especially if Im trying to have the hand up. Afraid I’ll break it. Any workaround?

Take the shoulder bells off.

Here’s a couple of more pictures of mine. Finally got around to opening this figure. I’m not on expert or that picky on all the inaccuracies people mention here. To me this Vader is awesome.

e64dd3a9a3b4c171e75ef71f4779c8ca.jpg

b06b2ff323130a754eb90f1c49de0f9c.jpg

c321291fa508ed680a4ec25358bbf968.jpg

929164206c67baf2bfcad81a876532c0.jpg

8a80279a0c29d46e93aef2cf4b43d8dc.jpg

It's quite amusing how the helmet on this MMS452 TESB Vader has a better widow's peak than the Rogue One or both New Hope versions of Vader. It's not supposed to have it of course. Looks like the quarter scale ROTJ Vader is going to be totally movie accurate though.

Finally I got mine. Used rogue one helmet and body (Just the body. Costumes are the esb stock ones). Thinking on modding the chin grill and move the dome. Also repositioned higher the chest box in the torso and modified the shoulder armour to sit higher too. I think the result is pretty good and better that the stock figure.

vader.jpg

Back