Statue Prime 1 - Game of Thrones Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait....Lord of the Rings stuff does NOT sell very well. Also there will be more GOT content on the horizon. Like LOTR this property isn't Marvel or Star Wars but I think statues of the tier 1 characters would be good sellers.

In all fairness, there's forums dedicated to JUST LOTR stuff, and while it's not Marvel or SW it still has a large(r) loyal following and still sells. Sideshow may not be doing anything anymore, but Weta is still going strong with larger more detailed (and expensive) items, and once P1 starts interest will grow again. Especially with the more causal fan.

I'm sure GOT will sell, how long and how many is always the question. Is their following as large and loyal as the Ringers? Been years since the movies (longer for the literature) and people wait to see what's coming next....

If Amazon does at some point produce a quality program that shows the 1st or 2nd Age, all bets are off.

Last edited:
I think GOT will be around for a while yet. Especially if the future spin-offs deem successful. Many LOTR and GOT fans have similar tastes and often cross over with one another. Time will tell.

I will definitely pick up this Daenerys. Any guesses on what outfit or season this statue will be from?

I love her Dragonstone and white northern outfit. Hopefully they go with one of them.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I will definitely pick up this Daenerys. Any guesses on what outfit or season this statue will be from?

I love her Dragonstone and white northern outfit. Hopefully they go with one of them.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Me too. I'm hoping for the same with the 3Z line too. :pray:

I would be interested in Jon, Daenerys, and Arya...depending on price and how long it takes them to actually start shipping (I may hopefully be done collecting by then).

Lol at people thinking GOT is over now. Its only been one of the biggest shows on TV ever for nearly a decade, based on an already hugely popular book series with MORE tv shows to come. What are some of you smoking?

Lol at people thinking GOT is over now. Its only been one of the biggest shows on TV ever for nearly a decade, based on an already hugely popular book series with MORE tv shows to come. What are some of you smoking?

Its not over. Far from it. :wink1:

I guess you missed the last few episodes?

I guess you missed the last few episodes?

Did you miss the Star Wars prequels?....they didn’t kill the franchise.

6 episodes out of 73 that fans didn’t like after 8 years is hardly going kill off fan interest.

Stop being dramatic.

Did you miss the Star Wars prequels?....they didn’t kill the franchise.

6 episodes out of 73 that fans didn’t like after 8 years is hardly going kill off fan interest.

Stop being dramatic.

No, but they sure didn't help and the "Disney Wars" ones are tanking the franchise even further.

It just goes to show you how bad things are when you can't even defend them on their own, you have to try and bring in some other scenario that has nothing to do with the show. TV based statues are already a hard sell and those 6 episodes (really it's only the last 3 that are the major failures) should have been the best of the series and cemented it's spot as the best show of all time, instead it went out poorly and that's what will be remembered. Endings are the most important part of a story and they blew it.

I don't think they did. Everyone's story finished for a reason. Leaving aside pacing issues and characters teleporting around the map, I think it was a good ending.

I don't think they did. Everyone's story finished for a reason. Leaving aside pacing issues and characters teleporting around the map, I think it was a good ending.

Sure, there were reasons, just not good ones. There were a some decent scenes, but overall the last 3 episodes were wholly unsatisfying and really felt different from the rest of the series. Judging by the reviews I am not in the minority.

Sure, there were reasons, just not good ones. There were a some decent scenes, but overall the last 3 episodes were wholly unsatisfying and really felt different from the rest of the series. Judging by the reviews I am not in the minority.

That may be true, but that doesn’t mean there is no more fanbase or interest in merch. Thats ridiculous.

KA Kim is a top tier sculptor... But P1's production paint apps don't even match HT 1/6, especially for real life based models. Hopefully its Blitzway in charge of paint production.

Prime 1 got the LOTR licence 3 years ago - they have yet to release anyting. How long do you think we have to wait for a GOT statue?

Not sure. What I do know is the hype phase I am in for fantasy products will definitely be over by the time they announce anything.

Back