NBA

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dallas looks sorry. no wonder lamar didnt want to play with those losers. talk about fat and content. no desire to defend the title. heart of a kitten.

not quite the same team either

i don't have the energy to go back a few years but were you guys saying the same thing about the heat in 07?

plus, i am not a greedy man. they can go 0-82 for the next 10 years for all i care...i just wanted one in my lifetime. :)

Call me crazy but I wouldn't count the mavericks out just yet. No one thought they'd do anything in the playoff's last year.....

Call me crazy but I wouldn't count the mavericks out just yet. No one thought they'd do anything in the playoff's last year.....

but last year they had 2 guys that could play D(chandler and stevenson) and a penetrating guard coming off the bench(JJ)

i just don't see a long run with this team, but cubes and little nellie made their decision to play for d will and dwight so we'll see what happens

Not really sure why the Mavs let those guys go, I mean maybe they didn't and they just left but it seemed like they didn't put up much of a fight

Not really sure why the Mavs let those guys go, I mean maybe they didn't and they just left but it seemed like they didn't put up much of a fight

Teams like the Lakers and Mavs are being forced into unpopular player and salary shavings to reform to the new cba rules. The cba was a laser beam pointed straight at teams like Lakers and Mavs who were willing to go over the cap. Loser teams banded together in a majority rules situation. Teams have this year and the next to you cutback on contracts then it goes x4 when your over. For example lamar odoms 9 mill turns into 36 mill if that's the contract that puts you over. The genius of the Lakers chris Paul trade was it shaved 40 million I in contracts and all the while made us better. Again loser teams banded together and made stern veto it. Amoral of the story is you can never keep the Lakers down.

Also, is anyone else finding pleasure in Jordan's Bobcats possibly being the worse team in NBA history? Those 90's Bull's teams were so annoying (or awesome if you were a fan) .

Back