Rene Belloq 12" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, got frustrated, so I decided to swap looks between my custom and the SS Belloq.

Improvement???

BelloqRE-Futz2.jpg

BelloqRE-Futz3.jpg

I'll remove the snap as soon as its confirmed that mine isn't the only jacket that doesn't close.

Here's the blue shirt without jacket, just to show (shirt's wet from water treatment):

BelloqRE-Futz1.jpg

Here's the swap compare from the original:

SSvsWGBelloq3.jpg

BelloqRE-Futz2.jpg

I like that a lot better Wor-Gar. I bet with a repaint he wouldn't be half bad. It's still such a shame the sculpt isn't better.

I think the Tanis look suits the sideshow Belloq more and the blue shirt and necklace seem to make him look more like Belloq, probably because it is how he spends most of the film.

Out of interest can i ask where you got the shirt and also where you got or how you made the necklace.

Thanks guys. My custom suffers from being wholey unrecognizable now, but maybe SS Belloq looks better.

Out of interest can i ask where you got the shirt and also where you got or how you made the necklace.

Shirt is just a plain light blue shirt, got it many years ago so I have no idea. You could dye the SS one in light blue though for the same effect. The shirt that comes with Belloq should be light blue to begin with, not plain white. He never wears a plain white shirt in the movie. It's either the ice blue one in Cairo, or the gray striped one on the submarine.

Belloq actually wears a brown and white bandana, rolled and tied around his neck -- not a pooka necklace :) I just made it out of a strip of material.

Shirt is just a plain light blue shirt, got it many years ago so I have no idea. You could dye the SS one in light blue though for the same effect.

Belloq actually wears a brown and white bandana, rolled and tied around his neck -- not a pooka necklace :) I just made it out of a strip of material.[/QUOTE]

Never knew that guess you learn something new everyday,

Thanks for the info, when mine arrives i will certainly have ago at it when i get some spare time (sometimes i hate uni), i'm actually quite excited it will be my first figure modification. Can't wait:D

OK, so looks like people like the open blue shirt better. Good, so do I.

Here's a look at both looks on the SS Belloq -- with that distracting snap removed thru the magic of digital manipulation below:

Belloqcomparebarvsdig2-1.jpg

Belloqcomparebarvsdig1.jpg

If it was possible to close the jacket for the tie, would you still like the open shirt Dig look?

Looks much better WG!

Just when you think Sideshow quality control is on its way up, they let something like this slip by :banghead How can the release it when the jacket fits so badly :dunno

Anyway, you improved the figure a lot WG.

Looks much better WG!

Just when you think Sideshow quality control is on its way up, they let something like this slip by :banghead How can the release it when the jacket fits so badly :dunno

Anyway, you improved the figure a lot WG.

Thanks, King! Yeah, too bad it takes this much work to get it right.

Here's the look for ref:

294.jpg

Here's my switch, reposted:

Belloqcomparebarvsdig2-1.jpg

If it was possible to close the jacket for the tie, would you still like the open shirt Dig look?

Definately, The tie is a problem, but so is the collar on the SS shirt. It's too high and he has no neck. It's like a turtle neck.

How's he look w/ the jacket on/hat off?

AHHH HAA!!!!

I got it! After staring at this figure over and over and over again over the last day trying to figure out who the F he looked like, it finally just hit me!

Its f'n Charlie Sheen.
charlie-sheen-4.jpg

240306sheenaudio.jpg

OK, so looks like people like the open blue shirt better. Good, so do I.

Talk about having to go the extra mile in futzing to get a great look for a figure!
Your final result is very good, Wor-Gar. The jacket that comes with the Sideshow figure is awful...reminds me of that tacky POS dress that ANH Leia comes with. How on earth could the signature garment for this character be so ill-fitting and poorly made? Buttons on the wrong side, that LARGE snap (couldn't they at least had a WHITE one?)...and making the jacket SO tight you can't close it without it riding back on the shoulders? Wow...after seeing Sideshow pull off such superb efforts as any of the LOTR figures complicated outfits or the countless well-tailored Jedi robes, seeing this tight minkey-suit jacket with it's clown tie is pretty astonishing....

At least the idol environment looks top-notch...really nice.

And again, your "custom"-enhanced futzing make the figure look really good...

Man, those are some high waisted pants... pretty dissapointing figure. Don't feel bad about canceling.

AHHH HAA!!!!

I got it! After staring at this figure over and over and over again over the last day trying to figure out who the F he looked like, it finally just hit me!

Its f'n Charlie Sheen.
charlie-sheen-4.jpg

240306sheenaudio.jpg

Get a 1/6 bowling shirt, 1/6 stripper figure and a 1/6 margarita and you can have your own custom Charlie Harper figure :lol

charlie_sheen.jpg

I would take a blow torch to the figure first...

Last edited:
Back