Duel of fates Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love to see a dio of those two going at it and I think it will happen eventually.

I would love to see a dio of those two going at it and I think it will happen eventually.

I'd love one either from early on in the duel where Sidious is looking down at Yoda with his saber held one handed behind his head for a swing and that maniacal smile on his face, like the GG mini bust, or Yoda and Sidious using all there might to push the Sith lightning at each other.

Those would be cool especially the sith lightning one just because it would be in the senate pod.

Ya, my only fear is they'll probably feel Sith lightning too hard to pull of and get collectors to like the result and just go the saber route. I hope not because I woudl also love a dio of Vader beside the Emperor watching as he kills Luke with lightning.

Ya, my only fear is they'll probably feel Sith lightning too hard to pull of and get collectors to like the result and just go the saber route. I hope not because I woudl also love a dio of Vader beside the Emperor watching as he kills Luke with lightning.

Well, maybe since these are done differently than the 1:6th it might be more likely to happen. Being as these are sculpted polystone and painted. If that makes sense.

Well, maybe since these are done differently than the 1:6th it might be more likely to happen. Being as these are sculpted polystone and painted. If that makes sense.

It does, I hope they do it, and even in 1/6 I'd be fine with what they came up, but they may worry what the overall fanbase would think. A lot of people around here have voiced they'd fine it molded lightning cheesy, probably even a painted dio, so who knows.

What I really hope for is inclusion of LED light in some of these pieces, would really make them pop more.

I'm sure its a tricky line to walk making the lightning look "real". Especially with as vocal as SW fans are. :lol

I'm with ya there! I'd love to see some LED stuff used on the dios like they've done with the PF's.

Man, this thing is tough to photograph. It's difficult to get the full effect without a 360.

Yes, it fits in a Deltof...

fates1.jpg

fates7.jpg

fates2.jpg

fates3.jpg

fates4.jpg

fates5.jpg

fates6.jpg

fates10.jpg

This isn't representative of how you'd arrange the figures - but it does show that you have some latitude...

fates8.jpg

fates11.jpg

Totally agree, it was about "wow look at Yoda!" There just wasn't any relationship between Dooku and any of the 3 Jedi really, and you only learn of Yoda's relationship at the end of the duel, might have added something if the Padawan part was established before sabers crossed. That lack of relationship carried over into ROTS, I still didn't feel like there was anything going on other than a stepping stone duel to clear out one apprentice for Anakin to rise.

Great pics Dave... and in the recent SW Insider they rank the top 10 lightsaber fights...

#10 Obi & Anakin vs. Dooku (ROTS)
#9 Obi vs. Darth (ANH)
#8 Obi vs. Grievous (ROTS)
#7 Qui-Gon & Obi vs. Darth Maul (TPM)
#6 Yoda vs. The Emperor (ROTS)
#5 Mace vs. Palpatine (ROTS)
#4 Luke vs. Vader (ESB)
#3 Yoda vs. Dooku (AOTC)
#2 Luke vs. Vader & The Emperor (ROTJ)
#1 Obi vs. Anakin (ROTS)

Number 1 is obvious but #7 & #3 need to be at least reversed I'd think...

Great pics Dave... and in the recent SW Insider they rank the top 10 lightsaber fights...

#10 Obi & Anakin vs. Dooku (ROTS)
#9 Obi vs. Darth (ANH)
#8 Obi vs. Grievous (ROTS)
#7 Qui-Gon & Obi vs. Darth Maul (TPM)
#6 Yoda vs. The Emperor (ROTS)
#5 Mace vs. Palpatine (ROTS)
#4 Luke vs. Vader (ESB)
#3 Yoda vs. Dooku (AOTC)
#2 Luke vs. Vader & The Emperor (ROTJ)
#1 Obi vs. Anakin (ROTS)

Number 1 is obvious but #7 & #3 need to be at least reversed I'd think...

Is this based on CG goofiness? :confused:

Here's how I'd rank things.

1. Obi-Wan vs. Anakin ROTS
2. Luke vs. Darth Vader ESB
3. Luke vs. Darth Vader and The Emperor ROTJ
4. Obi-Wan vs. Darth Vader ANH
5. Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon vs. Darth Maul TPM
6. Yoda vs. Darth Sidious ROTS
7. Mace vs. Palpatine ROTS
8. Obi-Wan and Anakin vs. Count Dooku AOTC
9. Obi-Wan and Anakin vs Count Dooku ROTS
10. Yoda vs. Dooku ROTS
11. Obi-Wan vs. General Grievous ROTS

That's about right for me as well. I might move Obi-Wan vs Vader from ANH up to #3 but that might be more due to ROTS than anything.

Back