Show your pet, best friend, partner .....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
005-20.jpg

003-24.jpg

I was recently reminiscing through some old photos and scanning
them to my computer and this would have to be my favourite
pic of my old boy Cannon.
I've posted some pics of him way back in this thread previously
but not this one.
His life was cut short by a brain tumor..:monkey2
R.I.P old buddy..:(

cannon13.jpg

i have been thinking of getting a remote shock trainer collar for my puppy. Anyone recommend a good brand? Petsafe?

If you got one to let go for a small dog, let me know.

i have been thinking of getting a remote shock trainer collar for my puppy. Anyone recommend a good brand? Petsafe?

If you got one to let go for a small dog, let me know.

Put it on yourself, then see if you want that on a dog. :mad:

See how it feels on yourself! How people can be so evil and ignorant is sad. That thing hurts and should be banned. There are other, better way to train dogs.

whats a good reward food for small dogs? my dog is picky as hell. he would love one brand for 2 days then complete ignores it the next.

Really no need for a shock collar to train a dog. Treats and praise have always been enough for me.

i want it on my dog

It doesn't hurt. I've tested one out on myself. It feels like pressure which is a shock, but not a literal electric shock. Think about those little hand shake buzzers. You don't expect it and it's jarring but if you feel it afterwards it doesn't hurt. There are better ways to train your dog and the collars are a bit of a lazy mans device that I wouldn't recommend but they aren't harmful to the animals. You could get the same startle effect for example by using pennies in an empty coke can and shaking it to startle them for corrections.

Edit: I would just like to reiterate that I'm not a proponent of shock collars and if abused can cause harm, but simply answering your question they don't hurt and can be effective( although not as effective) if used properly.

Last edited:
There are about 5,000 people on youtube who demonstrated this for us so that we do not have to. I appreciate them.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T9qiGCq5sk"]Shock Collar Test! - YouTube[/ame]

I have 2 really well behaved dogs .... until someone comes to the door, then they go NUTS! even if its someone they know. They even do it when we come home. Its been like this for 10yrs.
.... but this year I discovered the best remedy for it ever. The only thing Ive ever found that will get their attention and snap them outta the barking frenzy they get in when a visitor arrives.
Now, 10 yrs later when someone comes to the door they get excited but control themselves .....

005_SnapNpops.jpg

Back