HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once I get mine Im really going to try and achieve this pose! Its fantastic!
IndianaJones02.jpg

Yeah, this is the photo that takes this over the top for me.

There's a lot of flaws with the HS likeness, but when you can pose it like this, wow!

Re: Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pi

Since we have established that my photos suck, let’s see some more from today. I now get that they are going for an “Opening Sequence” Indy, when he first uses the whip, if this figure resembles anything, it is that variation. I am starting to see Indy in there, but again, when compared with the Christopher Reeve Superman, this is a let down.

indiana_jones_wearing_his_hat.jpg

photo-74.png

photo-66.jpg

Screenshot2011-10-15at22800AM.png

photo-35.jpg

photo-62.jpg

I really like these pictures, the sculpt looks really good here, but it also confirms why I prefer non PERS. Although in hand my Batman DX and Bruce do not look that bad, in pictures the eyes have the same effect as they do with Indy in this picture. So glad Superman is not a DX. It's also why I prefer the Bank Robber Joker head sculpt. Expect Captain Jack to have the same effect
The hat looks great, but once again is does not have the distinctive Raiders pinch

PERS definitely throws the eyes off...

Overall, it's a pretty strong Harrison Ford sculpt, but the expression just doesn't seem "Indy" to me. This would make a great Air Force One sculpt ("Get off my plane!").

One other flaw: there should have been more whiskers on the rest of the face to match the mustache area. The rest of the beard looks too light.

I know it's only the "in hand " pics thread but could someone photoshop some darker whiskers on the lower part of the face please? I'm thinking that this may improve the likeness greatly and put to bed any worries that folks have with this figure. If its an easy fix ( adding stubble) then everyone should be able to do it.

Awesome pics as usual from OMG. I never noticed the Beckham thing until you mentioned it, now I can see it in every pic! Damn!

The headsculpt is being ripped to shreds on FB. I think HT are deleting the really bad ones though. Perhaps longterm this is a good thing, and make HT be a bit more careful/consistent?

Just a pity it was Indy that had to fail like this,
I mean, even their pointless Noland figure has a more actor accurate headsculpt.

Not sure what I'm gonna do with this when I get it. It looks better without the jacket. Would love to see some Cairo pics.

I know it's only the "in hand " pics thread but could someone photoshop some darker whiskers on the lower part of the face please? I'm thinking that this may improve the likeness greatly and put to bed any worries that folks have with this figure. If its an easy fix ( adding stubble) then everyone should be able to do it.

This is my humble attempt. I do not know if what you wanted
I also used to reduce the black line of the eyes.

screenshot20111015at228.jpg

Once I get mine Im really going to try and achieve this pose! Its fantastic!
IndianaJones02.jpg

I'm definitely going for this pose, looks awesome. After my initial disappointment, I'm looking forward for my Indy to arrive now. There's been some real nice pictures of late, this bring my favourite :)

This really isn't fair, I started and in hand thread, and it gets moved. Now it is magically back up under a dessert fruits name.

Then, I tried my best to get everyone pics to see ASAP, then I get ripped by a lot of folks that my pics suck (well, OK, they do suck actually).

Then I see people using / repurposing my supposidly bad pics?

I am getting picked on so much I am starting to feel like an Arnie Kim sculpt ...

The good photos PROVE to me the bad photos are SUCK pics put up by Mola Ram..!

Can't wait for mine- hope everyone settles down and enjoys it or doesn't buy it. I don't really care if you don't like it but the comments made in favor are far more valid than the screaming out of control posts from people who want to convince themselves they "know" better than the rest of us.
Give it a rest.

Re: Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pi

Honestly, the more I look at my pics, the more that this figure is growing on me. It would need a repaint, new whip, Mike Fisher holster and belt set ...

Since we have established that my photos suck, let’s see some more from today. I now get that they are going for an “Opening Sequence” Indy, when he first uses the whip, if this figure resembles anything, it is that variation. I am starting to see Indy in there, but again, when compared with the Christopher Reeve Superman, this is a let down.

indiana_jones_wearing_his_hat.jpg

photo-74.png

photo-66.jpg

Screenshot2011-10-15at22800AM.png

photo-35.jpg

photo-62.jpg

Can't wait for mine- hope everyone settles down and enjoys it or doesn't buy it. I don't really care if you don't like it but the comments made in favor are far more valid than the screaming out of control posts from people who want to convince themselves they "know" better than the rest of us.
Give it a rest.

Bad and incorrect choice of words. However I agree that the complaining is beating a dead horse now.

Bad and incorrect choice of words. However I agree that the complaining is beating a dead horse now.

I agree that didn't come out right- they seemed more "in control" to me than the negative comments which leaned toward a personal attack for accepting the sculpt IMO.

I like these last pics from you . I have the same feeling. I have a sovereign jacket that I would like to put on it to see the effect. Adding stubble can help to reduce wide jaws and chin. It´s a good point that Paulcarson has seen.

Honestly, the more I look at my pics, the more that this figure is growing on me. It would need a repaint, new whip, Mike Fisher holster and belt set ...

Give it a rest.

I think now we have this new thread, we have the chance to be more constructive. We can bring up good or bad points directed at the figure, and not get into the I'm right you are wrong attitude that ruined the old thread

I really like the whip
1128866180-ac-5135xf10x0448x0336-m.jpg

Although several whips were used in the film so it can look different depending on the scene you are matching it up to
whip-holder.jpg

RaidersWhipFullCoiled-vi.jpg

satipo-whip.jpg

Back