Custom Belloq figures..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK.. took a grinder bit on the dremel to Belloq's hair to give his hat the appropriate tilt.. then yesterday I got brave and started grinding away at that huge jaw... worked great.. after fine sanding it down afterwards to smooth it out I think this looks MUCH more like Paul Freeman... just gotta paint it now... plus that pith helmet needs some serious work to look accurate..
IMG_5377.jpg

IMG_5378.jpg

IMG_5380.jpg

By the way.. for those curious.. the jungle outfit is comprised of:
Did John Coleman pants
Did Erwin Rommel shirt soaked in diluted bleach to match the color of the pants
Newline Japanese officer's boots
Belt by Battlegear toys
Still lacks a holster (which I will just make) and a wristwatch

OK.. took a grinder bit on the dremel to Belloq's hair to give his hat the appropriate tilt.. then yesterday I got brave and started grinding away at that huge jaw... worked great.. after fine sanding it down afterwards to smooth it out I think this looks MUCH more like Paul Freeman... just gotta paint it now... plus that pith helmet needs some serious work to look accurate..
IMG_5377.jpg

IMG_5378.jpg

IMG_5380.jpg

That looks FANTASTIC Mike!Wow, changing the jaw REALLY makes a huge difference. The Belloq sculpt suffered from the same problem as the 1/6 Legolas...too much JAW! A little grinding and sanding...HUGE improvement.

Now, how do I get a Belloq head to look like that (Get a dremel I guess:lol)

Oh, and what's the recipe for your 'safari' belloq outfit? That looks pretty cool too!

Just stripped the head down with acetone to remove the factory paint... it is always amazing ow thick factory paint is and how once removed the clarity of the detail around the eyes is just great... also you can really get a good look at the perfect likeness this sculpt has now that the jaw is thinned out.. they nailed the likeness around the eyes nose area...

IMG_5382.jpg

IMG_5381.jpg

I'm going back and forth on which project I want to dive into right now... jungle Belloq or Katanga.. ( he has been on my desk at 90% done FOREVER..) but i think Jungle Belloq is going to go first... i want to do some kind of small scene after he gets back to his camp WITH the idol... kind of a Belloq kicking back and gloating over his victory :)

That looks really good. Repainting the eyes and if it had a more squinted look would have gone a long way.
9h3v55.jpg
ix584g.jpg

PICT1114.jpg

This is the blue shirt from ebay alot of us have likely ordered. It's ok, not great. I tied the bottom off with a rubber band to keep it tucked in his tight pants. Still dissapointed with this guy.

Just a heads up for anyone wanting to make a jungle version, War-toys has all the parts that Mike listed except for the belt but they have other brown WWII belts.

A bit better now.

PICT1118.jpg

PICT1124.jpg

I think that looks GREAT! Definitely going to display my Belloq with the blue shirt. I think once we get Toht and people start seeing Toht and Belloq together, we'll see some more love for the Belloq figure. I think in the suits, Belloq and Toht will really compliment each other - white suit and black suit...

Mike how did you attach the head to soldier story body? I also got my war-toys order in, looks awesome. I need to bleach the shirt and find a good hat still but he look great standing next to Indy. I may even try to shave his jawline too.

Wow, these are truly ambitious and well crafted customs. Finding this site has been so inspiring. I've went from taking my Sideshow 12" figures out of the box and putting them on shelves, never to be touched again, to repainting, tweaking and customizing in a matter of weeks. This thread alone has me wanting to pick up a Belloq (especially since the exclusive is still available) to customize. Great work!

Happy to say I finally finished my Belloq in Ceremonial Robes! I repainted the head and made the staff and chest rig from apoxie and basswood/balsa. I think I could make the chest piece better if I gave it another shot, but I'm done for now. The robes are from D-Art Studios and I believe originally made from a request by Hemble perhaps? Now to finish up some poles for the ark and then some plaster of paris rock wall and floor.

https://www.d-artstudios.com/indyline.php

DSC00741.jpg

DSC00745.jpg

DSC00743.jpg

DSC00748.jpg

Back